View Poll Results: Should reciprication of permits be mandatory?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Constitutionally, yes

    12 46.15%
  • Constitutionally, no

    7 26.92%
  • Personally, yes

    15 57.69%
  • Personally, no

    3 11.54%
  • Other

    3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 143

Thread: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

  1. #91
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    I'll keep that in mind and try to learn more. We sure need the money. The conservative Dems from Chicago like Madigan want the law passed by the General Assembly. I'm not sure about reciprocity, but I like the concept. It seems to be a decent equalizer to the 10th amendment. Is SD South Dakota or San Diego?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Are you folks offering a non-resident permit? Because tons of folks will line up to give your state money if you do, myself included.

    Any word on what state's IL will reciprocate with?

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I'll keep that in mind and try to learn more. We sure need the money. The conservative Dems from Chicago like Madigan want the law passed by the General Assembly. I'm not sure about reciprocity, but I like the concept. It seems to be a decent equalizer to the 10th amendment. Is SD South Dakota or San Diego?
    South Dakota.

    I have a Utah permit for carrying in Ohio, and am now applying for an Arizona permit so I can carry through Kansas on my way to & from a job site in Oklahoma.

  3. #93
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Now this is what I call government red tape. Too many states acting like Chiefs instead of Indians. You'd think we could find a good law for each issue. It is just my opinion that the 10th amendment will always hold us back.

    I have many fond memories in SD, where my wife's Father was from, the Burke/Gregory area. Yankton across the Missouri at Fort Randall to Gregory back up to I-90 and on to Rapid and the Black Hills complex. Even the Badlands N.P along with Devil's tower. I never tire of the west. Beginning in the summer of 1973, I started going through Glenwood Springs watching I-70 get built. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    South Dakota.

    I have a Utah permit for carrying in Ohio, and am now applying for an Arizona permit so I can carry through Kansas on my way to & from a job site in Oklahoma.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Now this is what I call government red tape. Too many states acting like Chiefs instead of Indians. You'd think we could find a good law for each issue. It is just my opinion that the 10th amendment will always hold us back.
    I argue that it's not a 10th Amendment issue since the right to keep and carry is specifically enumerated. The ATF, if it has to exist at all, should be the only authority issuing gun permits, and every state should be forced to honor that permit just as every state is forced to honor your right to speech.

    Of-course that's making a deal with the devil since 1. we shouldn't need a permit to carry at all, and 2. the ATF has a long history of abuse.

  5. #95
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Thank you for demonstrating why gun owners of any kind should have to take a gun-education class in addition to any gun-training class.
    In the state of Illinois which I was a police officer. I know what the law says no matter what the University says Federally, I actually enforced them...

    A non-resident is permitted to possess a firearm without a FOID if it is unloaded and enclosed in a case, or if the nonresident is:

    • Hunting and has a non-resident hunting license, while in an area where hunting is permitted.
    • On a target range recognized by the Department of State Police.
    • At a gun show recognized by the Department of State Police.
    • Currently licensed or registered to possess a firearm in his state of residence.

    Any resident of Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin or Kentucky, or a non-resident with a valid non-resident hunting license, who is 18 years of age or older and who is not prohibited by the laws of Illinois, the state of his domicile, or the United States from obtaining, possessing or using a firearm, may purchase or obtain a rifle, shotgun or ammunition for a rifle or shotgun in Illinois. A non-resident who qualifies to possess a firearm under one of the above-listed exceptions may also purchase ammunition.


    The location of ammunition being transported, including ammunition being transported in loaded magazines, is not regulated if the firearm is possessed or transported lawfully. However, when transporting DO NOT store a loaded magazine in the firearm’s well, clear the chamber and clear a revolver’s cylinder of ammunition. - http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/1-154.pdf

    This applies to non residents as they do not need an FOID card in the case of transporting a firearm to a local event from out of state.

    Most police in Illinois are not Federal officers and don't give a rats ass about Federal laws that are not enforced in their state by other than Federal officers.

    Thanks for demonstrating why gun owners should leave the law to professionals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    See also:
    Firearm Owners Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    LegalHeat app for Droid and iPhone

    If you have a trunk, the gun has to be in the trunk. LegalHeat's LEO trainers told us to always use a locked hard case.

    I'm going to take the word and provided resources of my permit instructors over you every single time, Mr. Random Anon from the internetz.
    You do that, it will teach you just enough to be a know it all and not much else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    *****
    These rules shouldn't matter, because these rules shouldn't exist.
    They don't matter in most states.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-27-13 at 02:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    In the state of Illinois which I was a police officer.
    Yeah right. Thanks for the laughs

    Just like every 20 y/o civilian contractor in Afghanistan claimed to be a retired 1st Sergeant. mhmm, sure.

  7. #97
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    South Dakota.

    I have a Utah permit for carrying in Ohio, and am now applying for an Arizona permit so I can carry through Kansas on my way to & from a job site in Oklahoma.
    Why don't you just apply for a Florida CCW as it covers all those states and you can get one as a non resident. It is also good for 7 years.

    Didn't your all mighty instructors tell you this?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-27-13 at 02:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #98
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yeah right. Thanks for the laughs
    Go ahead and laugh it does not make your response any less useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #99
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yeah right. Thanks for the laughs

    Just like every 20 y/o civilian contractor in Afghanistan claimed to be a retired 1st Sergeant. mhmm, sure.
    #1 I am not retired, I did it for 2 years before I went in the army.
    #2 I don't care about civilian contractors in Afghanistan.
    #3 You don't have to believe me as I don't care what you think.

    You have pretty much shown who you are, I can live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #100
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    I've got no problem with the 2nd amendment and your comment on gun permits from the ATF. I believe the 10th is the Queen Bee and was deliberately placed last in the BOR. I believe the 10th almost cost us the Constitution and then caused the civil war. It is well on its way to causing another one, IMHO, only this time in nearly every state.

    As for having a permit, I would consider that a badge of honor after passing all the training. I'll always believe the NRA training given to my wife's nephew by his Mother saved his ass in Iraq during 3 missions, including Fallujah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I argue that it's not a 10th Amendment issue since the right to keep and carry is specifically enumerated. The ATF, if it has to exist at all, should be the only authority issuing gun permits, and every state should be forced to honor that permit just as every state is forced to honor your right to speech.

    Of-course that's making a deal with the devil since 1. we shouldn't need a permit to carry at all, and 2. the ATF has a long history of abuse.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •