View Poll Results: Is obama uniting America

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama id dividing America

    27 79.41%
  • Obama is uniting America

    7 20.59%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Is obama unting or dividing America.

  1. #81
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: Is obama unting or dividing America.

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    another silly thread ... but it does remind me of a time that we used to call racism "The Negro Problem" ... it was whites discriminating against blacks, but it was called "The Negro Problem" ... so here we have a president who, like any president, has made his mistakes, is flawed, yet we've seen a steady diet of "he's not one of us," "he wasn't born here," "he's a Kenyan," "he's a Muslim," etc., etc. ... so, people don't like him for the right and wrong reasons, but he's the divider ... and this is a man who has avoided the issue of racism to a fault, has sought compromise to a fault, but still, he's a divider ... the irony is that this constant criticism, regardless of the issue, has actually helped him ... the times he was at fault, many people ignored it thinking it was the cons crying wolf again ... the next election should be an interesting one ...
    -------------

    I think you're correct on the "crying wolf" business.
    Well, Bori......most threads are pretty silly.
    But we posters are lofty intellects.
    Still, it gives us something to do....posting is probably better than shooting the TV.....probably.....maybe.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  2. #82
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: Is obama unting or dividing America.

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Start your own thread don't derail this one.
    ---------------
    I'll take that as a yes.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Is obama unting or dividing America.

    Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    -------------

    I think you're correct on the "crying wolf" business.
    Well, Bori......most threads are pretty silly.
    But we posters are lofty intellects.
    Still, it gives us something to do....posting is probably better than shooting the TV.....probably.....maybe.
    true that

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Is obama unting or dividing America.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I love how people call republicans the party of no when the fact is that liberals are out providing things that they know republicans will hate with every fiber of their being.
    such as ? Gay marriage, voting rights, choice, immigration reform, safety net, wider health care coverage ... it's politics Henrin ... the people elected Obama, suggesting that the majority preferred his ideas ... but that doesn't seem to matter apparently ... let's face it, neither party truly gives a rat's behind about us at the end of the day ...

  5. #85
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Is obama unting or dividing America.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I love how people call republicans the party of no when the fact is that liberals are out providing things that they know republicans will hate with every fiber of their being.
    LOL....the party of NO...has even voted NO! on their own ideas....and on their own Republicans. Sorry....but you are dead wrong on that one. Nice attempt though.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #86
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: Is obama unting or dividing America.

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Calling half of America the "flat earth society" is not dividing?
    He said that about climate change deniers, not Conservatives. The percentage of deniers is about 37%, which is much less than half.

    Poll: 37% of Americans believe that global warming is a hoax | MNN - Mother Nature Network

    (Biased source, but if anything, they're going to overblow the numbers to prove their point)

    In fact, if you consider Republicans to be indicative of "Half the country" (which is a stretch), slightly less than half of them believe it's a hoax.

    Gallup global warming poll finds a growing number of Republicans are now convinced climate change is real - NY Daily News

    Less than half by a good margin any way you look at it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Is obama unting or dividing America.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    He said that about climate change deniers, not Conservatives. The percentage of deniers is about 37%, which is much less than half.

    Poll: 37% of Americans believe that global warming is a hoax | MNN - Mother Nature Network

    (Biased source, but if anything, they're going to overblow the numbers to prove their point)

    In fact, if you consider Republicans to be indicative of "Half the country" (which is a stretch), slightly less than half of them believe it's a hoax.

    Gallup global warming poll finds a growing number of Republicans are now convinced climate change is real - NY Daily News

    Less than half by a good margin any way you look at it.
    I knew someone would go there in a desperate attempt to excuse Obama by saying not half of America, only 37% of America.

  8. #88
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: Is obama unting or dividing America.

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I knew someone would go there in a desperate attempt to excuse Obama by saying not half of America, only 37% of America.

    It's less than the 47% that Romney insulted.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is obama unting or dividing America.

    Lol.


    It's a massively multi racial, multicultural country. No president ever really could be a uniter anymore no matter their political party. Historically speaking multicultural societies have a timer before they collapse.


    For most the rest of US history every president will be hated by half the country.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •