View Poll Results: Patriot, Traitor, or something else?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traitor (Elaborate)

    19 31.67%
  • Patriot (Elaborate)

    25 41.67%
  • Other (Elaborate)

    12 20.00%
  • I don't know

    4 6.67%
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 228

Thread: Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

    He's just some jerk who shouldn't have had the security clearance that he had. I blame this on the sloppy Obama Administration.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

    He's not the Messiah...he's a very naughty boy.



    Actually, I think he is a hero...though a naughty one.

    But those are often the best kind.

    MLK, Gandhi, Mandela...they all broke the law for the greater good.

    I believe Snowden did as well.

  3. #173
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    He's not the Messiah...he's a very naughty boy.



    Actually, I think he is a hero...though a naughty one.

    But those are often the best kind.

    MLK, Gandhi, Mandela...they all broke the law for the greater good.

    I believe Snowden did as well.
    That's a dumb statement; Snowden is like none of those men.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    That's a dumb statement; Snowden is like none of those men.


    Where exactly did I say that Snowden was like those men in ANY way except that he 'broke the law for the greater good'?

  5. #175
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post


    Where exactly did I say that Snowden was like those men in ANY way except that he 'broke the law for the greater good'?
    It's implied; why else the reference to them? He did not break the law for the greater good- he broke to law to satisfy his own desires. What's the greater good Snowden was thinking of???

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    It's implied; why else the reference to them? He did not break the law for the greater good- he broke to law to satisfy his own desires. What's the greater good Snowden was thinking of???
    1) I don't care what you thought was implied - if I did not say it, I did not mean it.

    2) You are not Snowden - so you have ABSOLUTELY NO idea why he did it...that is two people within two posts whom you do not know personally that you presuppose to speak for.

    Anyone else whom you have never met whose feelings you presuppose to know?




    What a waste of time you are to me.

    Adieu.

  7. #177
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    1) I don't care what you thought was implied - if I did not say it, I did not mean it.

    2) You are not Snowden - so you have ABSOLUTELY NO idea why he did it...that is two people within two posts whom you do not know personally that you presuppose to speak for.

    Anyone else whom you have never met whose feelings you presuppose to know?




    What a waste of time you are to me.

    Adieu.
    What a feeble minded response...it fails to answer the question.

  8. #178
    User CK8528's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    09-16-13 @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    7

    Re: Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

    Personally, I believe he is a leader (I voted for Other). He took a chance to do the right thing. And I believe the worst penalty he should receive is a slap on the wrist, but I'm sure he's fearing death.
    P.O.P.P.E.R.
    Welcome to the G.-O.C. (formerly the USofA)

  9. #179
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

    Quote Originally Posted by CK8528 View Post
    Personally, I believe he is a leader (I voted for Other). He took a chance to do the right thing. And I believe the worst penalty he should receive is a slap on the wrist, but I'm sure he's fearing death.
    A leader? LMFAOL, leader of cowardice perhaps. He broke his secrecy oath, the laws about classified info and he ran off to nirvana?! Please!

    Who is HE to determine that this information should come out? Is he above all three branches of government and their respective roles in such a matter?!

    Why don't we just anoint him Supreme Leader of America- he can be the sole ruler of all and make all the choices for us.. We have a government that does shadowy and questionably immoral things but that's what the world of espionage is- its covert and clandestine for a reason!! And some little ****tard like Snowden things he and he alone is capable of overruling an entire system of government?

    He is a hero only to the ignorant who enjoy the freedoms provided to them by the same people they attack- the irony!

    He is a coward- nothing more than that.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Is Edward Snowden a traitor or a patriot?

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    A leader? LMFAOL, leader of cowardice perhaps. He broke his secrecy oath, the laws about classified info and he ran off to nirvana?! Please!

    Who is HE to determine that this information should come out? Is he above all three branches of government and their respective roles in such a matter?!

    Why don't we just anoint him Supreme Leader of America- he can be the sole ruler of all and make all the choices for us.. We have a government that does shadowy and questionably immoral things but that's what the world of espionage is- its covert and clandestine for a reason!! And some little ****tard like Snowden things he and he alone is capable of overruling an entire system of government?

    He is a hero only to the ignorant who enjoy the freedoms provided to them by the same people they attack- the irony!

    He is a coward- nothing more than that.
    Why have soldiers pledge an oath to uphold the constitution if they aren't really supposed to?

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •