View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. All humans should be protected under the law.

    27 27.84%
  • No. Marriage is between one man and one woman, period.

    20 20.62%
  • No. Only homosexuals and heterosexuals should be allowed to marry.

    6 6.19%
  • I donít care what they do as long as they stay out of my business.

    34 35.05%
  • My catís name is Mittens.

    10 10.31%
Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 725

Thread: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

  1. #81
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Sure, why not. By the time that happens I think people would begin to realize it makes more sense just to have no marriage license at all.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  2. #82
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Well we didn't do the obvious thing, which was a bare bones uhc system with for profit upgrades.

    Nobody suffers needlessly, those who want more are free to pay for it. Fear of death/suffering is removed from the healthcare price setting system. Hospitals no longer have an excuse to charge twenty dollars for an aspirin.
    well thats not what i was saying, you say people should be free to live their lives, and i agree with that.

    however government mandates which compel people to be part of things they chose not to be part of is not freedom.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is entirely false. Legally it is untrue. Logically it is untrue.
    So much for all that equal rights crap. Eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    How prevalent is that NOW? Why would it be any more prevalent (as a percentage of the total) if polygamy were legalized? Legalizing gay marriage in various states hasn't led to a significant rise in fraudulent unions to access medical benefits.

    Hell, my fiance's company offers domestic partnership benefits WITHOUT any legal union. You merely have to show proof of having lived together for the previous 6 months. And we live in TEXAS.
    well that's not were i was going to just stated a fact, if pural marriage ever came law, you would see, people sell marriage for money, so people could obtain things thru that marriage like ...healthcare.

    companies are free to give healthcare to anyone they chose, but their are times when government gets into things and say to companies"...you will do this"

  5. #85
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Should Plural Marriage be legalized too?


    If we're going to legalize SSM, then any objections to Poly-whatever become very threadbare and disingenous.


    People cite the complications regarding property and children in the event of divorce... fine, have a contract up front about who gets what in the event of divorce...

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #86
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Simple solution: Charge for each additional listed dependent or spouse, just like car insurance does.
    well that is a way, but what if the company chooses not too,...do they face the wrath of government?

  7. #87
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So much for all that equal rights crap. Eh?
    What are the arguments I have used in the SSM debate, and what are the legal arguments? Answer those questions and you will know why you are wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #88
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What are the arguments I have used in the SSM debate, and what are the legal arguments? Answer those questions and you will know why you are wrong.
    It's your job to prove me wrong, sister. Now, git after it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #89
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's your job to prove me wrong, sister. Now, git after it!
    I already have. Legally, the state has to show it has a rational(at the least) reason to ban either SSM or polygamy. Since the two types of marriages are significantly different the arguments are different. You fail.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #90
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    If we're going to legalize SSM, then any objections to Poly-whatever become very threadbare and disingenous.


    People cite the complications regarding property and children in the event of divorce... fine, have a contract up front about who gets what in the event of divorce...
    This is ignorant. All evidence suggests that same sex couples raise children just as well as mixed sex couples. This is not the case for polygamy. Hey look, a logical reason to be for one and against another.

    Here is a big clue for you: SSM and polygamy are different. Trying to treat them the same would be ****ing retarded.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •