View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. All humans should be protected under the law.

    27 27.84%
  • No. Marriage is between one man and one woman, period.

    20 20.62%
  • No. Only homosexuals and heterosexuals should be allowed to marry.

    6 6.19%
  • I donít care what they do as long as they stay out of my business.

    34 35.05%
  • My catís name is Mittens.

    10 10.31%
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 725

Thread: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

  1. #701
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Yes. And you can't prove any differently.
    You can't prove to the contrary, so you don't get to tell me that no one actually communicates with God.

    Gosh, for a self professed believer in God, you certainly fight pretty hard to tell me that He doesn't exist.

  2. #702
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,998

    Re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Mine actually has a set of conditions that I must follow if I want to become like Him.
    And again....just because you don't like or believe what others believe theirs must be wrong, eh?

  3. #703
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    And again....just because you don't like or believe what others believe theirs must be wrong, eh?
    When I know something, especially through personal experience, there's no point in kowtowing to the opposition.

  4. #704
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,998

    Re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    When I know something, especially through personal experience, there's no point in kowtowing to the opposition.
    See that's just it. If I were to meet a being from a different planet (not even claiming to be any kind of deity), yet I am the only one who actually sees said being, you would claim that I could not of seen it because I can't provide proof it exists thus it must not. Yet I still had the experience, no matter how much you want to believe I didn't. Simply because you have one experience, does not mean that others' experiences are any less real. But you will say it. You know of your experiences, but in the end you have no real definable and repeatable proof. We at best have to take your word on it. We have to take it on faith. But what makes your word any more valid than another's?

  5. #705
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    See that's just it. If I were to meet a being from a different planet (not even claiming to be any kind of deity), yet I am the only one who actually sees said being,
    See, that's your problem. I'm not the only one who claims to have had communication with his maker. Literally millions of others will attest to the same thing I am claiming. I respect your tenacity, maquiscat, but you really have no idea what you're talking about. Roguenuke's responses were incoherent, and I called her out, as she has no idea what she's talking about, either.

    I think you're both much more interested in catching me in my own words than you are discovering the actual truth.

  6. #706
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You can't prove to the contrary, so you don't get to tell me that no one actually communicates with God.

    Gosh, for a self professed believer in God, you certainly fight pretty hard to tell me that He doesn't exist.
    Given the crap that generally comes out of the mouths of those claiming to communicate with God, I'm willing to bet they aren't actually communicating with any higher power.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #707
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Given the crap that generally comes out of the mouths of those claiming to communicate with God, I'm willing to bet they aren't actually communicating with any higher power.
    "Generally" is too broad. You could say some Christians, or sometimes Christians, but not generally. And I wouldn't be leaving out the words some of your atheist friends use against my side of the spectrum, especially when you're attacking us Christians.

  8. #708
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,998

    Re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    "Generally" is too broad. You could say some Christians, or sometimes Christians, but not generally. And I wouldn't be leaving out the words some of your atheist friends use against my side of the spectrum, especially when you're attacking us Christians.
    I'm going to have to go with Dobble on this one. Maybe better to say the crap that generally comes out of the highly visible Christians, because we can say that the high profile ones do spew more hatred and crap than the rest of us.

  9. #709
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,998

    Re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    See, that's your problem. I'm not the only one who claims to have had communication with his maker. Literally millions of others will attest to the same thing I am claiming. I respect your tenacity, maquiscat, but you really have no idea what you're talking about. Roguenuke's responses were incoherent, and I called her out, as she has no idea what she's talking about, either.

    I think you're both much more interested in catching me in my own words than you are discovering the actual truth.
    So again I say, what makes your claim any more, or less, valid than any other claim?

  10. #710
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    See, that's your problem. I'm not the only one who claims to have had communication with his maker. Literally millions of others will attest to the same thing I am claiming. I respect your tenacity, maquiscat, but you really have no idea what you're talking about. Roguenuke's responses were incoherent, and I called her out, as she has no idea what she's talking about, either.

    I think you're both much more interested in catching me in my own words than you are discovering the actual truth.
    No, you are much more interested in trying to tell me my beliefs are bull just because they don't agree with your personal beliefs. I have different beliefs than you. I don't care if you have yours, but you have no right to try to claim mine are bull just because you personally believe differently. You have no more proof for your beliefs than I do for mine. You simply have faith that other people were telling you the truth. Nothing more.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •