View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. All humans should be protected under the law.

    27 27.84%
  • No. Marriage is between one man and one woman, period.

    20 20.62%
  • No. Only homosexuals and heterosexuals should be allowed to marry.

    6 6.19%
  • I donít care what they do as long as they stay out of my business.

    34 35.05%
  • My catís name is Mittens.

    10 10.31%
Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 725

Thread: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

  1. #641
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I'm gonna say bull**** here. Read below:

    Non-Satirical Advice from 'The Onion' on How Not to Get Hacked Like 'The Onion' - Rebecca Greenfield - The Atlantic Wire

    I told you before that they have a non-satirical arm. I even linked a source from Wikipedia confirming that. True, they're not a very good choice for citing references, but they do step away from satire from time to time. I think they were bemoaning the fact that homosexuals truly are freaks at heart, and when they get in large groups, it looks like Satan's Playground.

    Point out where I said that they do.

    I thought it was for entertainment purposes only. Are they that malicious? Is it even legal to deliberately mislead the public?

    Perhaps not in any official capacity, but I'm sure there's some informal group running around with that name. Besides, this sort of thing goes on outside of "LAGALABATATA", anyways. I person I met from the SFPD described in some detail what kind of revolting s*** goes on during those idiotic parades.
    And you would be wrong. That was satire. What you posted was satire. The proof that it is satire is the fact that the event being reported on never happened and the group that supposedly sponsored the nonexistent event doesn't exist. It never happened. It is all satire. You are simply foolish enough to keep believing the story despite the fact that it is coming from The Onion, which is all satire.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #642
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Yes. Gay marriage IS communistic. It's blessed by the Left (Communistic in nature) and does nothing to replenish our numbers.

    And this country was founded on "religious beliefs", meaning Christianity, and that's what made us great. You'll notice we've been in a steady decline since the Left has been seizing power.
    No it isn't "communistic".

    This is the definition of communism: 1
    a : a theory advocating elimination of private property
    b : a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed
    2
    capitalized
    a : a doctrine based on revolutionary Marxian socialism and Marxism-Leninism that was the official ideology of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
    b : a totalitarian system of government in which a single authoritarian party controls state-owned means of production
    c : a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away and economic goods are distributed equitably
    d : communist systems collectively

    From Merriam-Webster online

    Communism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    That in no way connects to same sex marriage at all. Just because one side supports it, does not make something "communistic". And same sex couples procreate using alternative methods.

    Oh, and the US was founded on a principle of secularism, where religion was supposed to stay out of the government. Christianity in no makes this country great. Allowing people to believe as they want and to live free from religious persecution and laws makes us great. The closer we get to secularism, the greater this country is.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #643
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Should Plural Marriage be legalized too?
    I think that a new policy regarding polygamy should be created. The law that applies to a married couple shouldn't apply to a man married to three women or a woman married to three men. There should be a legal union between more than two people which allows such rights as hospital visitation and things of that nature. For the time being, I would be very slightly opposed to institutionalized polygamy, but if society trends in that direction, it's probably inevitable.
    A working class hero is something to be

  4. #644
    Advisor douglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-16 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    458

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    My issue is with the legality of marriage, period. It's not illegal for married couples to go swinging, or for consensual sex in any configuration for that matter. Nor is it illegal for any configuration of people to live together. So, I say that it's a matter of whether they are married in the eyes of the law, they can legally have all the aspects of a polygamist marriage right now. So, it comes down to whether or not the government should be able to decide what marriage is. I think they should not give any special significance to any sort of configuration or marriage, it serves no purpose. For those of you who fight for traditional marriage as a positive aspect of society, I say society is whatever we make it. The only actions that should be made illegal are those that harm others. No polygamist marriage, or marriage in any form, has ever harmed a single person outside of the marriage. This is independent of religious polygamy and arranged marriages, which are harmful but are an aspect of religious extremism, not the marriage configuration itself.

  5. #645
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And you would be wrong.
    Actually, I'm right. Just like I'm right that you're a leftist in "slightly conservative" clothing.

    You are wrong, and you can't let that go. Allow me to encourage you here: Let it go.

  6. #646
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No it isn't "communistic".
    Yes, it is. Don't be an aimless roguenuke. Read the Alan Keyes link, and then we'll discuss.

  7. #647
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Actually, I'm right. Just like I'm right that you're a leftist in "slightly conservative" clothing.

    You are wrong, and you can't let that go. Allow me to encourage you here: Let it go.
    You are wrong. That article was satirical. You must live in the state of denial. It was proven by the fact that there absolutely was no pride parade sponsored for that article to write about and there is no such group as "Los Angeles Gay And Lesbian And Bisexual And Transvestite And Transgender Alliance" (LAGALABATATA). A simple search tells us this. The article was from 2001.

    Gay-Pride Parade Sets Mainstream Acceptance Of Gays Back 50 Years | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

    Show me where exactly it says that this particular article is not meant to be satirical. The "Doctor Henry Thorne", who is supposedly a New York University History professor, mentioned in the article doesn't exist. The group doesn't exist and the event never took place. Instead of simply trying to tell me you're right, show me one piece of proof that the event in the article took place. Something besides the article itself or some Wiki page claiming that not all articles in the Onion are satire (which does not in any way prove that this particular article isn't satire).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #648
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Yes, it is. Don't be an aimless roguenuke. Read the Alan Keyes link, and then we'll discuss.
    It's not communistic. Just because you are so partisan that you believe everything that is supported by the left must be communism, doesn't make it true. You need more than your partisan beliefs to support such a statement. Alan Keyes is not a reliable source because he is extremely partisan.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #649
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,998

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Yes. Gay marriage IS communistic. It's blessed by the Left (Communistic in nature) and does nothing to replenish our numbers.
    If by "communistic" there are certain principles of communism with a family structure then I agree. Which also means that straight marriage and polygamy are also communistic in nature as well.

    As to a marriage "replenish(ing) our numbers" I am guessing that you are referring to reproduction? Again I have yet to find anyone who can consistently support that Ideal. Now I will give credit to the concept that a couple who gets married and tries but fails to have offspring due to complications previously unknown to them should not be forced out of their marriage. The inconsistency lies in the fact that those who oppose SSM and make the reproduction argument never seek to withhold marriage from straight couples who know that they are incapable of having offspring either due to medical issues (sterile, hysterectomy, etc) or just simply past child bearing age. Those marriages do nothing to replenish our numbers and by your own argument should not occur.

    And this country was founded on "religious beliefs", meaning Christianity, and that's what made us great. You'll notice we've been in a steady decline since the Left has been seizing power.
    The founders of this country were of the "Left", relatively speaking, of their country of origin at that time. BY your own argument then, the decline in this country was caused by the ones that forced us to withdraw from Britain.

  10. #650
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Yes. Gay marriage IS communistic. It's blessed by the Left (Communistic in nature) and does nothing to replenish our numbers.

    And this country was founded on "religious beliefs", meaning Christianity, and that's what made us great. You'll notice we've been in a steady decline since the Left has been seizing power.
    There's no such thing as left and right, only right and wrong. And gay marriage is not wrong. Calling gay marriage communistic is pathetic. It is clear you have nothing knowledgeable to contribute, so I will leave you to spew your nonsense on your own. Nobody cares about your false ideology.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •