View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. All humans should be protected under the law.

    27 27.84%
  • No. Marriage is between one man and one woman, period.

    20 20.62%
  • No. Only homosexuals and heterosexuals should be allowed to marry.

    6 6.19%
  • I donít care what they do as long as they stay out of my business.

    34 35.05%
  • My catís name is Mittens.

    10 10.31%
Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 725

Thread: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

  1. #631
    User SapphireSpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Monterey, Ca
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    85

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Polygamy isn't liberty, it's a frivolity.
    A false distinction. Liberty is the freedom to be frivolous, and all forms of marriage are frivolous.

  2. #632
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,998

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Gay marriage does not equal communism.
    Neither does polygamy.

  3. #633
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Gay marriage does not equal communism.
    Of course it does. Alan Keyes is an expert on our Constitution, which is fundamentally opposed to Communism. Gay marriage is as un-American as Red Square. Read below:

    Keyes: Gay Marriage Will Lead to Communism and 'The Murder of the Masses' | Right Wing Watch

    Yes, the source I'm using is un-American too, but they have no idea what Keyes is talking about anyways. They think this incriminates him.
    Last edited by Dooble; 07-09-13 at 08:59 AM.

  4. #634
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Figures. You conveniently ignored the follow up edit post.
    It is all satire. The Onion is not a legitimate news source, and in most cases, they are in fact sarcastically countering the argument being made by using them as a source. The same is true here. I guarantee you The Onion writers do not oppose same sex marriage nor homosexuality and that article was meant to purposely be a draw for those like you who think this thing actually happened. (The key here is the fact that "LAGALABATATA" does not actually exist so they couldn't possibly have organized any parade.)
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #635
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    38
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    I feel that if its not it would seem discriminatory

  6. #636
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It is all satire.
    I'm gonna say bull**** here. Read below:

    Non-Satirical Advice from 'The Onion' on How Not to Get Hacked Like 'The Onion' - Rebecca Greenfield - The Atlantic Wire

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The Onion is not a legitimate news source, and in most cases, they are in fact sarcastically countering the argument being made by using them as a source. The same is true here.
    I told you before that they have a non-satirical arm. I even linked a source from Wikipedia confirming that. True, they're not a very good choice for citing references, but they do step away from satire from time to time. I think they were bemoaning the fact that homosexuals truly are freaks at heart, and when they get in large groups, it looks like Satan's Playground.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I guarantee you The Onion writers do not oppose same sex marriage nor homosexuality
    Point out where I said that they do.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    and that article was meant to purposely be a draw for those like you who think this thing actually happened.
    I thought it was for entertainment purposes only. Are they that malicious? Is it even legal to deliberately mislead the public?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    (The key here is the fact that "LAGALABATATA" does not actually exist so they couldn't possibly have organized any parade.)
    Perhaps not in any official capacity, but I'm sure there's some informal group running around with that name. Besides, this sort of thing goes on outside of "LAGALABATATA", anyways. I person I met from the SFPD described in some detail what kind of revolting s*** goes on during those idiotic parades.

  7. #637
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Of course it does. Alan Keyes is an expert on our Constitution, which is fundamentally opposed to Communism. Gay marriage is as un-American as Red Square. Read below:

    Keyes: Gay Marriage Will Lead to Communism and 'The Murder of the Masses' | Right Wing Watch

    Yes, the source I'm using is un-American too, but they have no idea what Keyes is talking about anyways. They think this incriminates him.
    Then interracial marriage is communism, and so is giving women the right to vote. Calling gay marriage communism is idiotic at the face.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  8. #638
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Then interracial marriage is communism, and so is giving women the right to vote. Calling gay marriage communism is idiotic at the face.
    No, everything's cool with those two. The problem is gay marriage. It's communistic, and needs to be stopped.

  9. #639
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    No, everything's cool with those two. The problem is gay marriage. It's communistic, and needs to be stopped.
    No. Gay marriage is not communistic. Using government to enshrine your own religious beliefs, on the other hand, is an evil far worse than communism. Luckily you are on the losing side.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  10. #640
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    No. Gay marriage is not communistic. Using government to enshrine your own religious beliefs, on the other hand, is an evil far worse than communism. Luckily you are on the losing side.
    Yes. Gay marriage IS communistic. It's blessed by the Left (Communistic in nature) and does nothing to replenish our numbers.

    And this country was founded on "religious beliefs", meaning Christianity, and that's what made us great. You'll notice we've been in a steady decline since the Left has been seizing power.

Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •