View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. All humans should be protected under the law.

    27 27.84%
  • No. Marriage is between one man and one woman, period.

    20 20.62%
  • No. Only homosexuals and heterosexuals should be allowed to marry.

    6 6.19%
  • I donít care what they do as long as they stay out of my business.

    34 35.05%
  • My catís name is Mittens.

    10 10.31%
Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 725

Thread: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

  1. #611
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And that sounds like a problem with British laws if they are not holding immigrants to the same standards as they hold native Brits.

    But we are discussing US laws here, not British or Ugandan laws. The laws in Uganda and other African nations are atrocious, but any time someone comes to another country, they should obey the laws of that country, particularly if they are living in that country. And countries should hold people to the laws of their country. I don't approve of the laws of Uganda or any country that oppresses any of its people, but I think that is why we should impose sanctions on countries that have such laws.
    Well you must look at other things...all cosey cosey there in the good ole USA..

    People are dying because they fall in love with the wrong person..beheaded...hanged..

    Would you go into a Mosque and demand to get married there??

    You are hiding behind your American laws..not the real world!!

  2. #612
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Well you must look at other things...all cosey cosey there in the good ole USA..

    People are dying because they fall in love with the wrong person..beheaded...hanged..

    Would you go into a Mosque and demand to get married there??

    You are hiding behind your American laws..not the real world!!
    Okay? I don't support those laws, but I can't change them from my current position. I can try to convince my government that such things are wrong and should be taken into serious consideration when we look at giving aid or support to those countries or when discussing those countries. But I live in the real world. In the real world, you pick your battles based on what has a chance of winning. Guess what? I don't agree with women in S. Africa being raped or the persecution and death of women in Muslim countries for just trying to be more equal to men or even just educated, having freedom. I don't agree with religious persecution that still happens in other countries or countries where the power rests in the hands of a small minority that craps on those not in power. It sucks, but there is very little I can do about it from here. You can be mad or upset with me about my position as you wish, but it doesn't change reality and it won't help those who are being persecuted wrongly.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #613
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Okay? I don't support those laws, but I can't change them from my current position. I can try to convince my government that such things are wrong and should be taken into serious consideration when we look at giving aid or support to those countries or when discussing those countries. But I live in the real world. In the real world, you pick your battles based on what has a chance of winning. Guess what? I don't agree with women in S. Africa being raped or the persecution and death of women in Muslim countries for just trying to be more equal to men or even just educated, having freedom. I don't agree with religious persecution that still happens in other countries or countries where the power rests in the hands of a small minority that craps on those not in power. It sucks, but there is very little I can do about it from here. You can be mad or upset with me about my position as you wish, but it doesn't change reality and it won't help those who are being persecuted wrongly.
    I am not mad with you...

    Good post..

  4. #614
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Hi, ChrisL

    This is for you:

    The destructive nature of homosexuality

    Granted, it's from a Conservative site, but there are some references. Either way, the information is indisputable. At least indisputable from an honest perspective.

    Now it's your turn, defender of gay marriage: Please drum up some evidence that proves homosexuality is not/will not be destructive to the institution of marriage.

  5. #615
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Hi, ChrisL

    This is for you:

    The destructive nature of homosexuality

    Granted, it's from a Conservative site, but there are some references. Either way, the information is indisputable. At least indisputable from an honest perspective.

    Now it's your turn, defender of gay marriage: Please drum up some evidence that proves homosexuality is not/will not be destructive to the institution of marriage.
    All of that is and has been easily disputed.

    It is not nor will not be destructive to the institution of marriage. You are supposed to provide evidence that it will be, not the other way around. People cannot prove a negative. Nothing in what you posted, in that link, provides evidence that it will be destructive. All it is is opinion and bias views. It doesn't provide any evidence at all.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #616
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    All of that is and has been easily disputed.

    It is not nor will not be destructive to the institution of marriage. You are supposed to provide evidence that it will be, not the other way around. People cannot prove a negative. Nothing in what you posted, in that link, provides evidence that it will be destructive. All it is is opinion and bias views. It doesn't provide any evidence at all.
    Uh-uh. Easily disputed within liberal circles.

    Evidence is thin right now, because the corruption of marriage in this country is still new. But the groundwork is already there. Homosexuality IS destructive. Saying that you need to test homosexuality in a marriage setting is like saying you need to put your hand in a meat grinder to see if it will actually jack up your hand.

  7. #617
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Uh-uh. Easily disputed within liberal circles.

    Evidence is thin right now, because the corruption of marriage in this country is still new. But the groundwork is already there. Homosexuality IS destructive. Saying that you need to test homosexuality in a marriage setting is like saying you need to put your hand in a meat grinder to see if it will actually jack up your hand.
    Easily disputed by logic. It has nothing to do with being liberal or not.

    Marriage is a legal contract making two people legal family, much like adoption records or a birth certificate.

    You cannot prove homosexuality is destructive. All you have is rhetoric and failed assumptions due to your personal bias.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #618
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Easily disputed by logic. It has nothing to do with being liberal or not.
    Neither does your argument, but you keep throwing that word around as if you owned it.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Marriage is a legal contract making two people legal family, much like adoption records or a birth certificate.
    Marriage is between one man and one woman. Always has been and always will be. Doesn't matter that your liberal pals poisoned the SC. One way or another, things will be rectified.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You cannot prove homosexuality is destructive.
    Sure I can. Read below:

    The Health Risks of Gay Sex

    http://carm.org/is-homosexuality-dangerous

    Family Research Council

    CDC - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health

    And of course, there's nothing like showing a little pride to celebrate gaydom's superior state of enlightenment:

    Gay-Pride Parade Sets Mainstream Acceptance Of Gays Back 50 Years | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

  9. #619
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    "
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Easily disputed by logic. It has nothing to do with being liberal or not.
    Neither does your argument, but you keep throwing that word around as if you owned it.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Marriage is a legal contract making two people legal family, much like adoption records or a birth certificate.
    Marriage is between one man and one woman. Always has been and always will be. Doesn't matter that your liberal pals poisoned the SC. One way or another, things will be rectified.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You cannot prove homosexuality is destructive.
    Sure I can. Read below:

    The Health Risks of Gay Sex

    Is homosexuality dangerous to society? | Dangers of Homosexuality | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

    Family Research Council

    CDC - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health

    And of course, there's nothing like showing a little pride to celebrate gaydom's superior state of enlightenment:

    Gay-Pride Parade Sets Mainstream Acceptance Of Gays Back 50 Years | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

    Mind you, I'm already aware of the Onion's satirical background. This, however, is from their non-satirical arm of the publication:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion
    Last edited by Dooble; 07-07-13 at 12:37 AM.

  10. #620
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Neither does your argument, but you keep throwing that word around as if you owned it.

    Marriage is between one man and one woman. Always has been and always will be. Doesn't matter that your liberal pals poisoned the SC. One way or another, things will be rectified.

    Sure I can. Read below:

    The Health Risks of Gay Sex

    Is homosexuality dangerous to society? | Dangers of Homosexuality | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

    Family Research Council

    CDC - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health

    And of course, there's nothing like showing a little pride to celebrate gaydom's superior state of enlightenment:

    Gay-Pride Parade Sets Mainstream Acceptance Of Gays Back 50 Years | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
    Seriously, the fact that you used The Onion as a source shows that your sources are trash and are not evidence of anything.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •