View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. All humans should be protected under the law.

    27 27.84%
  • No. Marriage is between one man and one woman, period.

    20 20.62%
  • No. Only homosexuals and heterosexuals should be allowed to marry.

    6 6.19%
  • I donít care what they do as long as they stay out of my business.

    34 35.05%
  • My catís name is Mittens.

    10 10.31%
Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 725

Thread: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

  1. #521
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    It functions as a union between a man and a woman.
    No it doesn't. You want to say then, then support it using the laws of marriage that involve the responsibilities and rights/benefits of spouses. I guarantee you can't because not only do some states and now the federal government recognize legally married same sex couples, but they also recognize those who legally changed their sex after they were married.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #522
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    What about the polygamists!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No it doesn't. You want to say then, then support it using the laws of marriage that involve the responsibilities and rights/benefits of spouses. I guarantee you can't because not only do some states and now the federal government recognize legally married same sex couples, but they also recognize those who legally changed their sex after they were married.
    You can jam a square peg in a round hole if you have a big enough hammer but it doesn't mean the peg was really round and it's bad for both the peg and the hole.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #523
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You can jam a square peg in a round hole of you have a big enough hammer but it doesn't mean the peg was round and it's bad for both the peg and the hole.
    You can use all the idioms and phrases and failed analogies you want, but your argument is still not based in logic, nor have you yet to address what I have been arguing. Where do any marriage laws function in such a way that two people of the same sex cannot legitimately fulfill the responsibilities proscribed by those laws, to either each other or the government? A restriction on entering into marriage is not a law that deals with how marriage legally functions.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #524
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    What about the polygamists!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You can use all the idioms and phrases and failed analogies you want, but your argument is still not based in logic, nor have you yet to address what I have been arguing. Where do any marriage laws function in such a way that two people of the same sex cannot legitimately fulfill the responsibilities proscribed by those laws, to either each other or the government? A restriction on entering into marriage is not a law that deals with how marriage legally functions.
    Marriage is what the state defines it to be and the union between a man and a woman isn't an exclusion of either man or woman but but a reasonable definition of what actually constitutes marriage and rather sane requirement that it takes BOTH to be a marriage.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #525
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Marriage is what the state defines it to be and the union between a man and a woman isn't an exclusion of either man or woman but but a reasonable definition of what actually constitutes marriage and rather sane requirement that it takes BOTH to be a marriage.
    Marriage is defined in how it functions, otherwise other restrictions on marriage could not have been struck down based on your argument.

    It does not take both a man and a woman to function in a legal marriage. That has been proven time and again within our laws, even in states that do not allow same sex couples to marry. Because people legally change their sex and that change does not change their marital status within the law, despite them being treated legally as the opposite sex of their birth and the same sex as their spouse. (The only exception to this is Tennessee, which, last I checked, is the only state that does not allow a person to change the legal sex/gender on their birth certificate at all.) Beyond this, hermaphrodites can get married no matter what their true gender is or what they have been living as or if they are both genders legitimately.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #526
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    What about the polygamists!?!

    You are consistent and persistent and capable of infinite repetition, RN. I'll give you that.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #527
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You are consistent and persistent and capable of infinite repetition, RN. I'll give you that.
    Because I know I'm right.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #528
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Because I know I'm right.
    You're arguments make perfectly good sense to me.

  9. #529
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    What about the polygamists!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You're arguments make perfectly good sense to me.
    That's quite an endorsement, LOL. if that doesn't get RN trying to figure out what's wrong with her position, nothing will.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #530
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    That's quite an endorsement, LOL. if that doesn't get RN trying to figure out what's wrong with her position, nothing will.
    I can't help it if you can't understand her position or mine. Neither are really that complicated.

Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •