View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. All humans should be protected under the law.

    27 27.84%
  • No. Marriage is between one man and one woman, period.

    20 20.62%
  • No. Only homosexuals and heterosexuals should be allowed to marry.

    6 6.19%
  • I don’t care what they do as long as they stay out of my business.

    34 35.05%
  • My cat’s name is Mittens.

    10 10.31%
Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 725

Thread: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

  1. #401
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    No, it is not, it never had been, and it never will be. It is a sickness and an evil, an abomination against God and against nature. It is a sick mockery of the sexual union that God intended to bind a man and his wife in a sacred intimacy. No amount of so-called “enlightenment” will ever change this fundamental, unalterable truth.
    Of course it's normal, Bob. We know that you have no knowledge on this topic. Your morality is, as it always is, irrelevant to scientific fact. I am very happy to point out how badly you are wrong each and every time I see you post.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #402
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,278
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Polygamy is a very different issue to gay marriage.

    Not entirely sure how you get there but in any case... as long as it's consenting adults I see no reason to discriminate.

    But the interesting part is that absolutely no country that has legalized Gay Marriage have made any attempt whatsoever to discuss legalization of polygamy, bestiality or adult - child marriage.

    And yet Extremist Far Right Wingers (because face it, that's what they are at this point) believe these things are moments away and that the country has ended... what you're seeing is the bursting of the Social Conservative Bubble.

    The unwillingness to accept that times change and that theirs is a dying ideology.

    As a brave Starfleet Captain once said...

    "It's about the future.

    Some people think the future means the end of history.

    People can be very frightened of change.

    But I don't think we've run out of history just yet".

  3. #403
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    If you believe God created man then you must believe he created homosexuals too. That's what makes your so amusing.
    By that logic, I must also believe that God created thieves and murderers and rapists and child molesters and such, and therefore have no cause for any “righteous indignation” against any of them.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  4. #404
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,358

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    By that logic, I must also believe that God created thieves and murderers and rapists and child molesters and such, and therefore have no cause for any “righteous indignation” against any of them.
    You know that bunching gays into that group is exactly what Hitler did. You are in good company at least.

  5. #405
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You know that bunching gays into that group is exactly what Hitler did. You are in good company at least.
    Godwin's Law invoked. I don't know that if Hitler really did what you claim, but it's not impossible. I'm sure that even Hitler was right once in a while.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  6. #406
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    look closer.....becuase your wrong.
    How can I be wrong? I asked a question. You have been known to use an SS soldier as your avatar in the past, so it's hardly out of line to ask if you are returning to that particular choice.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #407
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Godwin's Law invoked. I don't know that if Hitler really did what you claim, but it's not impossible. I'm sure that even Hitler was right once in a while.
    Probably about the homosexuals, huh?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #408
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    How can I be wrong? I asked a question. You have been known to use an SS soldier as your avatar in the past, so it's hardly out of line to ask if you are returning to that particular choice.
    Lol"......typical of left idelogly demonize those who suppose your ideas

  9. #409
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Complete diversion.
    Yes it does, and no, it isn't. You're peddling a rip off version of marriage to a devout adherent of traditional marriage, which is a total waste of my time. What I am doing is inviting you to join me at the end of your argument.

  10. #410
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Yes it does, and no, it isn't. You're peddling a rip off version of marriage to a devout adherent of traditional marriage, which is a total waste of my time. What I am doing is inviting you to join me at the end of your argument.
    No, you are diverting the issue since your knowledge on the topic is absent... and you won't admit it. It's a waste of MY time to discuss a topic with someone like you who doesn't understand it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •