View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. All humans should be protected under the law.

    27 27.84%
  • No. Marriage is between one man and one woman, period.

    20 20.62%
  • No. Only homosexuals and heterosexuals should be allowed to marry.

    6 6.19%
  • I donít care what they do as long as they stay out of my business.

    34 35.05%
  • My catís name is Mittens.

    10 10.31%
Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 725

Thread: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

  1. #91
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is ignorant. All evidence suggests that same sex couples raise children just as well as mixed sex couples. This is not the case for polygamy. Hey look, a logical reason to be for one and against another.

    Here is a big clue for you: SSM and polygamy are different. Trying to treat them the same would be ****ing retarded.
    All you did was state the case for polygamy is different, anybody can do that then act all indignant when critical minds don't blindly buy into it. You didn't provide logical reasoning or back-up for squat.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is ignorant. All evidence suggests that same sex couples raise children just as well as mixed sex couples. This is not the case for polygamy. Hey look, a logical reason to be for one and against another.

    Here is a big clue for you: SSM and polygamy are different. Trying to treat them the same would be ****ing retarded.

    Oddly enough the fact that "traditional" marriage and SSM are different doesn't seem to be significant to you, but you do find it an excuse to be biased against poly's.



    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #93
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Oddly enough the fact that "traditional" marriage and SSM are different doesn't seem to be significant to you, but you do find it an excuse to be biased against poly's.


    It actually is significant, nor have I claimed otherwise. But then again, I am consistent and logical. Also notice that I have not taken a position on polygamy. I simply pointed out one way in which it is different from SSM, which relates to arguments that would be used in court.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #94
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    All you did was state the case for polygamy is different, anybody can do that then act all indignant when critical minds don't blindly buy into it. You didn't provide logical reasoning or back-up for squat.


    It's probably in part because many people associate Poly exclusively with certain specific sects of Mormon Fundamentalists, and because the setup is theoretically patriarchial and religious, that offends their leftist thinking processes.


    However, Poly's can be polygamous, polyanderous, polyamorous, line-marriage, group-marriage... hell I'm a Southern Baptist IN the South and even I know a polyamorous "group marriage family".... they happen to be neo-pagan of some sort...

    Ah well, prejudice rears its ugly head even among the pro-SSM crowd for some reason....

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #95
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    All you did was state the case for polygamy is different, anybody can do that then act all indignant when critical minds don't blindly buy into it. You didn't provide logical reasoning or back-up for squat.
    No, I stated a reason why they are different. There are many differences.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #96
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    It's probably in part because many people associate Poly exclusively with certain specific sects of Mormon Fundamentalists, and because the setup is theoretically patriarchial and religious, that offends their leftist thinking processes.


    However, Poly's can be polygamous, polyanderous, polyamorous, line-marriage, group-marriage... hell I'm a Southern Baptist IN the South and even I know a polyamorous "group marriage family".... they happen to be neo-pagan of some sort...

    Ah well, prejudice rears its ugly head even among the pro-SSM crowd for some reason....
    I believe this is the case. When most people hear the word "polygamy" that's what immediately jumps into their minds.


    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, I stated a reason why they are different. There are many differences.
    "Differences" could be positive just as well as negative. To which are you referring?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #97
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    It's probably in part because many people associate Poly exclusively with certain specific sects of Mormon Fundamentalists, and because the setup is theoretically patriarchial and religious, that offends their leftist thinking processes.


    However, Poly's can be polygamous, polyanderous, polyamorous, line-marriage, group-marriage... hell I'm a Southern Baptist IN the South and even I know a polyamorous "group marriage family".... they happen to be neo-pagan of some sort...

    Ah well, prejudice rears its ugly head even among the pro-SSM crowd for some reason....
    Or it could be we actually know what we are talking about. Stating that steak and beans are both foods, and both good sources of protein does not mean that steak and beans are both the same thing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #98
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is ignorant. All evidence suggests that same sex couples raise children just as well as mixed sex couples. This is not the case for polygamy. Hey look, a logical reason to be for one and against another.

    Here is a big clue for you: SSM and polygamy are different. Trying to treat them the same would be ****ing retarded.
    Can polygamous parents be good parents? If yes, then what's your point?
    Last edited by mpg; 06-23-13 at 06:42 PM.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  9. #99
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    Why can't polygamous parents be good parents?
    I did not say that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #100
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    re: What about the polygamists!?! [W:693]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Or it could be we actually know what we are talking about. Stating that steak and beans are both foods, and both good sources of protein does not mean that steak and beans are both the same thing.

    Or it could be that you're prejudiced against poly's for reasons similar to why others are prejudiced against SSM... you don't like it, you think it is bad for the children, you think it is bad for society, etc.

    Why is that your call to make, for others choices in life?



    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •