View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 76 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #751
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    yes, they have the right to go out and seek goods and services.......however i dont have to provide them, becuase that would give them power over me..which is unconstitutional
    You poor fellow. Making mine us brutal.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #752
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    that's not an answer.

    force is being apply by government, over a moral issue, and government has no authority in the area of morality.

    by the way, people have a right to commerce.....the buying and selling of goods.
    Opening a business is not a right, it's a privilege - you've said so yourself. As an individual you can do whatever you want. As a company you cannot.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #753
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Never seen one sold in a store.
    They're less common now than they used to be. I saw a lot of them when I was younger. Maybe it's just a Midwest thing.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  4. #754
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Opening a business is not a right, it's a privilege - you've said so yourself. As an individual you can do whatever you want. As a company you cannot.
    Opening up a business is a right. It is an extension of the right to liberty and property.

  5. #755
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    The Preamble to The Bill of Rights
    <snip quote>
    Sorry, that's not legally binding. You tried to prove it once and failed miserably. Are you going to try again or just cede the point now?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #756
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Went o court, and the court said you're wrong. Sorry, but I'm not crying for any bigot who is whining because he gets o make money off someone he doesn't like. They are more worthy causes. So, stop exaggerating and try to find a real injustice. There's cut all a few out there.
    Why do you lean on the logic of others without supporting such logic?

  7. #757
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    James Madison, Report on the Virginia Resolutions

    <snip>
    I don't live in Virginia ...
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  8. #758
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Opening a business is not a right, it's a privilege - you've said so yourself. As an individual you can do whatever you want. As a company you cannot.
    i do have a right to commerce , which is buying or selling.

    i have to have a license, to prevent fraud, abuse by a business to its customers.... to which i have made a transaction with.

    however i dont have to transact business with people i dont want to.

    if i in my business ,threaten people, harm them, or do something which knowingly dangerous to health and safety, government can charge me with a crime, and discrimination is not a crime.

    if i do something which is not deliberate, like a health and safety issue, government tells me to fix it, or fines me and tells me to fix it, or i am out of business.

  9. #759
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why do you lean on the logic of others without supporting such logic?
    You learn by reading and researching. History and courts are part if the entire picture. You guys end up wring so often because your vision is myopic and you look at something narrowly, thus missing a lot. That's part of what leads you exaggerate. You may be prone to hyperbole as well. Can't say. But your opposition to see the entire picture certainly hurts your understanding.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #760
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Sorry, that's not legally binding. You tried to prove it once and failed miserably. Are you going to try again or just cede the point now?

    explain how its not legal.

    since every state ratified the whole document with that preamble in it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •