View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 75 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #741
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i have a right to commerce
    So do your customers.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #742
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i have a right to commerce
    He is basically saying that if you practice your right to liberty the state can make you an involuntary servant to others.

  3. #743
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So do your customers.
    Not if other party does not consent. You still don't seem to understand this very basic principle it seems.

  4. #744
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Not if other party does not consent.
    You really should read the court decision. Just saying . . .

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #745
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You really should read the court decision. Just saying . . .
    If the owner of the business does not consent to do business with a consumer it matters not if the consumer wants to take part in commerce with that business. It's elementary.

  6. #746
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If the owner of the business does not consent to do business with a consumer it matters not if the consumer wants to take part in commerce with that business. It's elementary.
    But it does. The courts ruled that it does. They showed serious economic effect on those turned away. So, in a nut shell, you're wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #747
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But it does. The courts ruled that it does. They showed serious economic effect on those turned away. So, in a nut shell, you're wrong.
    Economic effect has nothing at all to do with the consent picture. If an individual does not consent to do commerce with someone you can not therefore force them into commerce.

  8. #748
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but these are not morality issues.


    And the other two, discrimination and affirmative action, have more to do with resolving social issues than morality.
    really? what is affirmative action.....its government law mandating certain people be hired for a job based on their color, to create an even society by the use of force on business.

    minimum wage what is it....... its government mandated pay, to create a more equable pay for workers on the lower end of the pay scale, by the use of force on business.

    where are government social duties in the constitution?.......no where, so they are using powers they dont have, to make a moral decision, of who gets hired, and how much people are paid, based on what they think.

  9. #749
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So do your customers.
    yes, they have the right to go out and seek goods and services.......however i dont have to provide them, becuase that would give them power over me..which is unconstitutional

  10. #750
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Economic effect has nothing at all to do with the consent picture. If an individual does not consent to do commerce with someone you can not therefore force them into commerce. It is a violation of the rights of the individual.

    Unless you can show how this action is a violation of someones rights then you have nothing to stand on but crying about someone practicing their right to liberty.
    Went o court, and the court said you're wrong. Sorry, but I'm not crying for any bigot who is whining because he gets o make money off someone he doesn't like. They are more worthy causes. So, stop exaggerating and try to find a real injustice. There's cut all a few out there.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •