View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 71 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #701
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    still in denial..
    I could repeat that to you if your want, but where you need to go is to the court cases I posted.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #702
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I could repeat that to you if your want, but where you need to go is to the court cases I posted.
    the court does not over rule the constitution.

    Section 1.
    Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

  3. #703
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the court does not over rule the constitution.

    Section 1.
    Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
    No said it did. But these issues have been addressed and framed differently than you frame them. That's why you can't understand it. You mis the history and it's framed. Instead of trying to find out you're missing, you just get stuck in some kind of misguided illogical loop, repeating the same things without addressing the history and context you miss.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #704
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No said it did. But these issues have been addressed and framed differently than you frame them. That's why you can't understand it. You mis the history and it's framed. Instead of trying to find out you're missing, you just get stuck in some kind of misguided illogical loop, repeating the same things without addressing the history and context you miss.
    there is no framing, ..if you are compelled to preform an action by governments, to which no crime has been committed, that is unconstitutional.

    Involuntary servitude is a United States legal and constitutional term for a person laboring against that person's will to benefit another, under some form of coercion other than the worker's financial needs.

    While laboring to benefit another occurs also in the condition of slavery, involuntary servitude does not necessarily connote the complete lack of freedom experienced in chattel slavery; involuntary servitude may also refer to other forms of unfree labor.

    Involuntary servitude is not dependent upon compensation or its amount.



    13th amendment: Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
    Last edited by Master PO; 06-24-13 at 12:08 AM.

  5. #705
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    there is no framing, ..if you are compelled to preform an action by governments, to which no crime has been committed, that is unconstitutional.

    Involuntary servitude is a United States legal and constitutional term for a person laboring against that person's will to benefit another, under some form of coercion other than the worker's financial needs.

    While laboring to benefit another occurs also in the condition of slavery, involuntary servitude does not necessarily connote the complete lack of freedom experienced in chattel slavery; involuntary servitude may also refer to other forms of unfree labor.

    Involuntary servitude is not dependent upon compensation or its amount.



    13th amendment: Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the pa
    rty shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
    A crime has been committed: discrimination. There is no involuntary servitude. You have it framed incorrectly. Because of this, you can't see your error.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #706
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A crime has been committed: discrimination. There is no involuntary servitude. You have it framed incorrectly. Because of this, you can't see your error.
    sorry, discrimination is not a criminal action, it does not fall under criminal law, its statutory law, and i have stated that before.

    statutory discrimination

  7. #707
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sorry, discrimination is not a criminal action, it does not fall under criminal law, its statutory law, and i have stated that before.
    Isn't it in this circumstance? If there was no law to break, no fine. If there's a law, and you break it, you're a law breaker at best. So, don't try to side step.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #708
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Isn't it in this circumstance? If there was no law to break, no fine. If there's a law, and you break it, you're a law breaker at best. So, don't try to side step.
    if you commit a crime,( criminal law) the police handcuff you and take you to the pokey.

    if you break statutory law, you are fined and can be shut down, if you dont comply with the law..like say a safety or health issue of your business.

    can you see two guys in jail , one saying he killed a guy with a pistol, .........and the other saying, ....i would not serve a guy a hamburger.

    you cant go to jail for....... not serving someone.

  9. #709
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if you commit a crime,( criminal law) the police handcuff you and take you to the pokey.

    if you break statutory law, you are fined and can be shut down, if you dont comply with the law..like say a safety or health issue of your business.

    can you see two guys in jail , one saying he killed a guy with a pistol, .........and the other saying, ....i would not serve a guy a hamburger.

    you cant go to jail for....... not serving someone.
    Why do you jump off on tangents. One compared the two.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #710
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by boo radley View Post
    why do you jump off on tangents. One compared the two.
    i am pointing their are different kinds of laws.

    Only criminal laws, can put someone into servitude.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •