View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 67 of 198 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #661
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Facepalm. Forcing someone to trade with someone else is a violation of rights. I can't believe you desire to argue against this. You're basically just argued against the very foundation of rights here.
    Nonsense. Your misunderstandings and exaggerations are your problem.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #662
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You misread a lot. Things meat don't harm others are often properly up to the individual. But this prejudice harms others.

    Your bottom list shows more misunderstandings that would divert if we tackled them here. But you clearly show misunderstandings concerning those issues.
    feelings are not in the constitution, just becuase someone hurt your feelings does not give you and any other person the right, to violate the rights of others by using government power.
    Last edited by Master PO; 06-23-13 at 09:42 PM.

  3. #663
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no such right exist!

    feelings are not in the constitution
    Not feelings (exaggeration the other way now). Real concrete harm, shown in the court cases I linked.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #664
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    feelings are not in the constitution, just becuase someone hurt your feelings does not give you and any other person the right, to violate the rights of others.
    Answered you silly exaggeration above.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #665
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not feelings (exaggeration the other way now). Real concrete harm, shown in the court cases I linked.
    first: no citizen of the u.s. can violate the rights of other people, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, becuase the constitution is not written for people............ but governments only!

    second : any move by me or another person to stop you from speaking, having firearm, worship, secure in your person...etc...........is a criminal act...........not a constitutional one.

    when was the last time the government took someone to court for a bill of rights violation?

    since i cannot violate your rights per the constitution i can only commit a criminal act against you...and government can get involved in that......hurting your feelings is not a crime, as is discrimination is not either.
    Last edited by Master PO; 06-23-13 at 09:44 PM.

  6. #666
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nonsense. Your misunderstandings and exaggerations are your problem.
    Nonsense? You made it very clear you supported forcing someone into trade with someone else. The right that you declared can not by definition be a right of the people as it must violate the rights of people to exist. You can not even hope to get away with the idea that forcing trade on people is a right.

  7. #667
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    first: no citizen of the u.s. can violate the rights of other people, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, becuase the constitution is not written for people............ but governments only!

    second : any move by me or another person to stop you from speaking, having firearm, worship, secure in your person...etc...........is a criminal act...........not a constitutional one.

    when was the last time the government took someone to court for a bill of rights violation?

    since i cannot violate your rights per the constitution i can only commit a criminal act against you...and government can get involved in that......hurting your feelings is not a crime, as is discrimination is not either.
    I know you don't understand this, but it always falls down to people. Always. Governing is about people. Again, the history is clear on this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #668
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Nonsense? You made it very clear you supported forcing someone into trade with someone else. The right that you declared can not by definition be a right of the people as it must violate the rights of people to exist. You can not even hope to get away with the idea that forcing trade on people is a right.
    Trade isn't forced. No one has to be in business. No one.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #669
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know you don't understand this, but it always falls down to people. Always. Governing is about people. Again, the history is clear on this.
    please provide in the constitution/bill of rights were the people are limited in their capacity?

    please tell me how government can force people into servitude, when the constitution forbids it?

  10. #670
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Trade isn't forced. No one has to be in business. No one.
    God, I hate when I get turned into a gerbil. The wheel is just so goddamn enticing.

    Anyway, already went over that one a dozen or so pages ago. Do you have an argument for what I said or not?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •