View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 38 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The waitress took it, who likely didn't mind.
    Ah..so we are assuming a condition then? How very nice.

    1 : to join as a partner, friend, or companion

    2 : (obsolete) to keep company with : attend

    3: to join or connect together : combine
    What is that for?

  2. #372
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Ah..so we are assuming a condition then? How very nice.



    What is that for?
    Isn't that what you're doing?

    Definition of associate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Isn't that what you're doing?
    A business can be many things and so then can the interactions between the business and the consumer.

  4. #374
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    A business can be many things and so then can the interactions between the business and the consumer.
    Can be, but fundamentally it is just selling and buying. No one has to be friends or associate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Can be, but fundamentally it is just selling and buying. No one has to be friends or associate.
    Almost every time a transaction takes place someone is associating with someone else.

  6. #376
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Rules we live by that aren't codified. Every society has them. They function much like you described.
    well my statements, had to deal with that people feel they having moral authority to use powerful positions to force others to behave is a matter which they approve of, even though no crime has been committed.

    as you will hear from another member( the federalist), government has no authority to apply force to people in our constitution, unless crimes have taken place or threat to life and security come into play

    statutory laws are not crimes, but government uses these kind of laws, in the discrimination arena, which are meant for governments only....... to bully the people.

  7. #377
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Almost every time a transaction takes place someone is associating with someone else.
    No, not by definition, nor in reality. They are merely transacting business.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    well my statements, had to deal with that people feel they having moral authority to use powerful positions to force others to behave is a matter which they approve of, even though no crime has been committed.

    as you will hear from another member( the federalist), government has no authority to apply force to people in our constitution, unless crimes have taken place or threat to life and security come into play

    statutory laws are not crimes, but government uses these kind of laws, in the discrimination arena, which are meant for governments only....... to bully the people.
    Bully my ass. Just more exaggeration. Nonsense. Again, nothing different than has always existed in very society.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #379
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Bully my ass. Just more exaggeration. Nonsense. Again, nothing different than has always existed in very society.
    show me were government has authority over people in our constitution?......meaning the ability to apply force to the people.

  10. #380
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    show me were government has authority over people in our constitution?......meaning the ability to apply force to the people.
    Are you suggesting the Constitution doesn't allow for rule of law? We've had them from day one. I'm sorry but you're streatching.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •