View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 34 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And this doesn't fit even your definition. There is no aggression. You're Exaggerating. Overstating. Being hyperbolic.

    And yes, we have laws, that are supported by a majority. Always have and always will. It's silly to pretend otherwise.
    Forcing people to allow others on their property is aggression
    Forcing people to service others is aggression

  2. #332
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,349

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who tells you these things. Yes, you can legislate, as we have, non discrimination laws. And they have been relatively effective. And they have not cased more problems than they solved. The world overall is better today with them than they were without them.
    We have no evidence that our nature wouldn't have changed without such laws. I disagree with your assessment that we are better off because of the laws. If you don't consider the reverse discrimination caused by quota systems as bad, then I simply don't know what else to say. Such things perpetuate rather than soften problems between races.

    Do you think blacks still need, in today's culture, the force of law to make them equal? If so, I would suggest you look up what the definition of racism really is.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Forcing people to allow others on their property is aggression
    Forcing people to service others is aggression
    No, it isn't. Not even close. These are business open to the public and not your private home. There s no requirement for you to enter the public Arena. You're not ailed nor abused. You merely can't abuse others, denying them enter acne based on race. Poor fellows, being made to accept customers. I wish you saw how silly your hyperbole is.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    We have no evidence that our nature wouldn't have changed without such laws. I disagree with your assessment that we are better off because of the laws. If you don't consider the reverse discrimination caused by quota systems as bad, then i simply don't know what else to say. Sy=uch thing perpetuate rather than soften problems between races.

    Do you think blacks still need, in today's culture, the force of law to make them equal? If so, I would suggest you look up what the definition of racism really is.
    We know it didn't. We know to a much lesser degree it still goes on despite laws.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And this doesn't fit even your definition. There is no aggression. You're Exaggerating. Overstating. Being hyperbolic.
    Please provide your definition of aggression. We've got to define our terms.

  6. #336
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Please provide your definition of aggression. We've got to define our terms.
    I need to. Seriously. It's a silly word to use for fines and being asked to take money from paying customers. It's just too huge an exaggeration.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,349

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We know it didn't.
    LOL...

    Really? How? have you visited an alternate universe that never had such laws put in place?

    Wishful thinking that you have God-like perceptions...


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We know to a much lesser degree it still goes on despite laws.
    Racism works both ways my friend. I used to date this black chick. I have never seen as many whites frown on mixed relationships as I have blacks. What's up with the racism of blacks against whites?

    I concede your point. There are still very many black racists, who hate whites. It is passed down generation to generation, and becomes an excuse to need special rights. It becomes an excuse to blame the white folk. It becomes an excuse to abuse equal opportunity laws.

    You're right. As a nation, we have a long way to go. Very little prejudice of whites against blacks, but the racism of blacks against whites is vile at times.

  8. #338
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Forcing people to allow others on their property is aggression
    Forcing people to service others is aggression
    It should never be necessary to "force".
    Obviously we are dealing with low grade people.

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    It should never be necessary to "force".
    Obviously we are dealing with low grade people.
    Are you a better person when you support the government acting towards them in a such a fashion? They didn't violate the rights of anyone and yet the government walked on their rights because people found their behavior immoral. Surely, they are idiots and without a doubt they are immoral, but I wonder if the actions you support are moral actions?

  10. #340
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Forcing people to allow others on their property is aggression
    Forcing people to service others is aggression
    No one is forcing anyone to own a business that serves the public. If you don't like serving blacks then don't open a business that requires it. Freedom restored.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 06-22-13 at 04:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •