View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 190 of 198 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #1891
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,781

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
    it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
    this guy has been worm food for like two centuries now. Get over it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #1892
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    this guy has been worm food for like two centuries now. Get over it.
    so your saying the government CONTROLS THE PEOPLE....they the master and we the servant!...........thats brilliant!

  3. #1893
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, plenty of novices. I know.

    why dont you just say it ,you believe government can do as its wills, as long as they say its for the welfare of the people.

    you dont like the constitution because its limits the federal government , so you create the fantasy it is not, and blind yourself to the writing of the constitution.

  4. #1894
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,781

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so your saying the government CONTROLS THE PEOPLE....they the master and we the servant!...........thats brilliant!
    I am saying the guy has been word food for over two centuries now. The world he was talking about has been gone with the wind for a very very very long time now.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #1895
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    why dont you just say it ,you believe government can do as its wills, as long as they say its for the welfare of the people.

    you dont like the constitution because its limits the federal government , so you create the fantasy it is not, and blind yourself to the writing of the constitution.
    Your not very good at putting words in other people's mouths, so you shouldn't do it.


    Try addressing what I linked.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1896
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    i am saying the guy has been word food for over two centuries now. The world he was talking about has been gone with the wind for a very very very long time now.
    what does that have to do with anything, he is saying the constitution restrains the government-------> it does not restrain the people

  7. #1897
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by boo radley View Post
    your not very good at putting words in other people's mouths, so you shouldn't do it.


    Try addressing what i linked.
    what you link is not anything, because the constitution is supreme law, and it says the government is limited to certain things, and it has no power outside of d.c. Unless the states agree on authority for them on buildings.

  8. #1898
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    what you link is not anything, because the constitution is supreme law, and it says the government is limited to certain things, and it has no power outside of d.c. Unless the states agree on authority for them on buildings.
    The only thing in the link is the explanation as to why you're wrong. I can see why you don't care to address that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1899
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The only thing in the link is the explanation as to why you're wrong. I can see why you don't care to address that.
    you NEVER address the constitution at all, by what authority in the u.s. constitution is given the authority for which you speak..........show me the written word...the reason is you cant...it not there and you kn ow it not, yet you persist in creating things which do not.

    the constitution is a easy to read simple document, that state all power must be delegated [spelled out on paper], and its not because of limited government.

    the founders had no intention of the federal government into the day to day life's of the american people.

  10. #1900
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you NEVER address the constitution at all, by what authority in the u.s. constitution is given the authority for which you speak..........show me the written word...the reason is you cant...it not there and you kn ow it not, yet you persist in creating things which do not.

    the constitution is a easy to read simple document, that state all power must be delegated [spelled out on paper], and its not because of limited government.

    the founders had no intention of the federal government into the day to day life's of the american people.
    It clearly does. The ruling states clear that it doesn't violate the constitution and spells out exactly why.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •