View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 187 of 198 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #1861
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    If that's what you believe then my response is still, What the government gives the government can take away.

    thats true, however government cannot legally give rights, only privileges.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    He can't advertise $0.10 burgers when he's selling them for $10.
    why would anyone do that?.......people would see your lying, and never come back......he would be a stupid businessman.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    If part of their business is interstate commerce then of course it does.

    read the founders, they state the government has power over commerce on those who make commerce laws......people and business dont make commerce laws, only governments do.



    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Then you aren't very familiar with those "papers" you constantly quote. I suggest you read more instead of just the special excerpts your bias sites bold for you.
    name for me a person or a business who created a federal law, everyone must obey.

  2. #1862
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    thats true, however government cannot legally give rights, only privileges.
    Same thing applies either way.


    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    why would anyone do that?.......people would see your lying, and never come back......he would be a stupid businessman.
    Yes, bigots are often very stupid. That doesn't mean I want to waste $10 in gas and an hour of my precious time - not counting lunch - making a trip for $0.10 burgers that cost $10 when all I have is $5 to buy lunch.


    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    read the founders, they state the government has power over commerce on those who make commerce laws......people and business dont make commerce laws, only governments do.
    Again, it's not the founders opinions that count, it's the courts that interpret the contract.


    On a side note: The founders have been dead for two centuries and didn't even dream that "interstate commerce" would someday be 10 minutes to cross three states. The world has changed and we either adapt to it or die.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #1863
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Same thing applies either way.
    government gives privileges all the time, they dont give rights.



    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Yes, bigots are often very stupid. That doesn't mean I want to waste $10 in gas and an hour of my precious time - not counting lunch - making a trip for $0.10 burgers that cost $10 when all I have is $5 to buy lunch.
    people are allowed to me stupid, but someone to be in business to be stupid enough to say something is .10 when it cost more.......does not sound like someone in business very long.



    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Again, it's not the founders opinions that count, it's the courts that interpret the contract.

    On a side note: The founders have been dead for two centuries and didn't even dream that "interstate commerce" would someday be 10 minutes to cross three states. The world has changed and we either adapt to it or die.

    our commerce clause was created for the states, BECAUSE it is they would make the commerce LAWS..business and people dont make laws.

    the commerce clause was becuase states were warring among themselves with LAWS.

    the constitution did not give the the federal government authority over the people AT ALL....except for the 3 i have mentioned, ...because those are the only 3 federal powers an individual citizens could violate.

    why would the founders and the people of that time create a document, which would place a constant on themselves?

    commerce was taken over by the federal government in 1942 ...BECAUSE a farmer was growing wheat to feed his cattle, and the federal government said it effected commerce, becuase he was growing it, he didn't have to go buy it..so they must now control commerce...thats ridiculous.

    you say the world has changed in 200 years...yes thats very true, however the constitution is still with us, and it demands that all new powers of congress must be through the amendment process, when congress fails to follow the law, they make law weak, and the people less lawful by their actions.

  4. #1864
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    our commerce clause was created for the states, BECAUSE it is they would make the commerce LAWS..business and people dont make laws.

    the commerce clause was becuase states were warring among themselves with LAWS.

    the constitution did not give the the federal government authority over the people AT ALL....except for the 3 i have mentioned, ...because those are the only 3 federal powers an individual citizens could violate.

    why would the founders and the people of that time create a document, which would place a constant on themselves?

    commerce was taken over by the federal government in 1942 ...BECAUSE a farmer was growing wheat to feed his cattle, and the federal government said it effected commerce, becuase he was growing it, he didn't have to go buy it..so they must now control commerce...thats ridiculous.

    you say the world has changed in 200 years...yes thats very true, however the constitution is still with us, and it demands that all new powers of congress must be through the amendment process, when congress fails to follow the law, they make law weak, and the people less lawful by their actions.
    You should follow the case histories instead of just spouting what your skewed and bias sites put in your mouth. It "started" with Marshall in 1824:

    Commerce among the States | Heritage.org


    The constitution itself says the court will decide what is and isn't constitutional. It's not up to you or me or the founders old notes.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #1865
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    You should follow the case histories instead of just spouting what your skewed and bias sites put in your mouth. It "started" with Marshall in 1824:

    Commerce among the States | Heritage.org


    The constitution itself says the court will decide what is and isn't constitutional. It's not up to you or me or the founders old notes.
    can you understand this.......people/ business do not make laws........government makes laws.

    why does government need to regulate commerce on people and business when they dont make laws.

    the constitution handed over commerce between estates to the federal government, the Constitution states, among the states , not in the states.

    the constitution does not give powers to government over the people.

  6. #1866
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    can you understand this.......people/ business do not make laws........government makes laws.

    why does government need to regulate commerce on people and business when they dont make laws.

    the constitution handed over commerce between estates to the federal government, the Constitution states, among the states , not in the states.

    the constitution does not give powers to government over the people.
    New laws usually begin from public compliant of some kind.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1867
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    New laws usually begin from public compliant of some kind.
    if state governments were instituting laws, which affect the commerce of the people, then that is why the federal government was given final authority over commerce which the states would be involved in.

    a person or business cannot make a commerce law so why do they need to be regulated by the federal government?....the constitution gave no power to the federal government over the people.

    why would we throw off a king, to install a government on our back.

    examine the 18 powers of congress, and tell me where the people and the powers of congress intersect in the personal life's of the people....no where.

    only if an individual citizen, commits piracy, counterfeits , treason, and with the 16th... tax fraud, does the government have power over that individual.

    congress has NO legislative authority outside of d..c or unless were states have agreed with them, on federal buildings--- article 1 section 8

  8. #1868
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if state governments were instituting laws, which affect the commerce of the people, then that is why the federal government was given final authority over commerce which the states would be involved in.

    a person or business cannot make a commerce law so why do they need to be regulated by the federal government?....the constitution gave no power to the federal government over the people.

    why would we throw off a king, to install a government on our back.

    examine the 18 powers of congress, and tell me where the people and the powers of congress intersect in the personal life's of the people....no where.

    only if an individual citizen, commits piracy, counterfeits , treason, and with the 16th... tax fraud, does the government have power over that individual.

    congress has NO legislative authority outside of d..c or unless were states have agreed with them, on federal buildings--- article 1 section 8
    You're wrong and have been shown wrong, but you're skipping the point. Read it again. The response is limited to where new laws start.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1869
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're wrong and have been shown wrong, but you're skipping the point. Read it again. The response is limited to where new laws start.
    excuse me, how can government make laws, which have rule over us, since they are not given that power in the constitution....where is the power delegated in the constitution to do that...show me.

  10. #1870
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    excuse me, how can government make laws, which have rule over us, since they are not given that power in the constitution....where is the power delegated in the constitution to do that...show me.
    By the consent of the governed.

    Again, my response was limited to where new laws start.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •