View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 183 of 198 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #1821
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Animals have "rights" under law, too. I believe chimps and cetaceans are intelligent but I wouldn't call a chimpanzee, a dolphin, or a whale a person. Once again your argument fails.

    no it does not fail, if a person had no rights at all.........then what is government's purpose?

    governments duty is to secure the rights of the people..........."That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

    Madison-- "if men where angels no government would be necessary"

    being without any rights is being like the [two things] i mentioned.

    i can be killed or stolen from without consequences, because i have no rights.

    a business is treated as a person, becuase it has to have rights, or it is can be taken advantage of without consequences of law.

    can i kill anyone of those animals in the wild you mentioned...yes i can..............can i kill them in an environment created by someone...no becuase are property of someone.
    Last edited by Master PO; 07-31-13 at 03:55 PM.

  2. #1822
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I've got a document in my safe that says I'm the "Party of the First Part". Does that mean all documents that have "Party of the First Part" in them refer to me??

    Your reference is only good in that sub-chapter of US Code, which is about the National Labor Relations Board - not part of this discussion. You've been told and shown this simple fact of law may times in this thread. For your continued misuse of this reference and your obvious dishonesty in repeated use of it you get 3/3 ...

    are you going to tell me, that the only time a business is a person is when it files for bankruptcy......and before that its not a person?

    that is a ridiculous argument!

  3. #1823
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you do not have a right to services or a job...you only have a right to seek them.

    you wish to act on emotion, and not what is lawful.
    I'm talking about this theoretical world you would build. When the constitution was written there was always the commons where a man could live and eat. The commons - at least for that function - doesn't exist, anymore.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  4. #1824
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    are you going to tell me, that the only time a business is a person is when it files for bankruptcy......and before that its not a person?

    that is a ridiculous argument!
    That has nothing to do with your continued misuse of the US Code Title 29, which specifically states: "When used in this subchapter ..." before it states the definitions for the subchapter. Your misuse of that reference is dishonest at best.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #1825
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no it does not fail, if a person had no rights at all.........then what is government's purpose?

    governments duty is to secure the rights of the people..........."That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

    Madison-- "if men where angels no government would be necessary"

    being without any rights is being like the [two things] i mentioned.

    i can be killed or stolen from without consequences, because i have no rights.

    a business is treated as a person, becuase it has to have rights, or it is can be taken advantage of without consequences of law.

    can i kill anyone of those animals in the wild you mentioned...yes i can..............can i kill them in an environment created by someone...no becuase are property of someone.
    You have made the false assumption that only persons have any rights at all. As any overview of the law would show, you are wrong.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #1826
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    That has nothing to do with your continued misuse of the US Code Title 29, which specifically states: "When used in this subchapter ..." before it states the definitions for the subchapter. Your misuse of that reference is dishonest at best.
    ok I will ask this simple question ...is a business a person...yes or no?

  7. #1827
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    You have made the false assumption that only persons have any rights at all. As any overview of the law would show, you are wrong.
    again... is business a person......yes or no?

    weigh your decision carefully.

  8. #1828
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    That has nothing to do with your continued misuse of the US Code Title 29, which specifically states: "When used in this subchapter ..." before it states the definitions for the subchapter. Your misuse of that reference is dishonest at best.

    code 29 states a business is a person....but u.s. code also states a business is a person all the time, do you dispute this?

    is a business a person all the time it is in business?....yes or no

  9. #1829
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    ok I will ask this simple question ...is a business a person...yes or no?
    A person in the sense of the constitution? No.

    A business as you're using the term is a construct of a capitalist society as any sensible person should understand. A business does not now nor ever has equated to a person, if nothing else because it's not a biological entity - but there are a whole slew of other differences, some derivatives of biology, that even you should be able to grasp.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 08-01-13 at 01:45 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  10. #1830
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    A person in the sense of the constitution? No.
    is a business a person, which give it rights...yes or no?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •