View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 143 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #1421
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you also hurttheperson you discriminate against. This was shown in the court case I linked. Unlike smoking, there is harm outside of the self. That's why it's important to know the history and context of the law and it was upheld.
    what you are describing is feelings, the pain of rejection.

    however feelings cannot be part of law, if they were people who being filing lawsuits every day, becuase peoples feelings are hurt all the time.

    there is no right to protect ones feeling.

  2. #1422
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    what you are describing is feelings, the pain of rejection.

    however feelings cannot be part of law, if they were people who being filing lawsuits every day, becuase peoples feelings are hurt all the time.

    there is no right to protect ones feeling.
    No, it isn't. That's just silly hyperbole on your part. If you read the court case, you'll know better.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1423
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you also hurttheperson you discriminate against. This was shown in the court case I linked. Unlike smoking, there is harm outside of the self. That's why it's important to know the history and context of the law and it was upheld.
    actually not unless everyone who has the same business discriminates against them

    however, I believe in the sanctity of private property and the right of (not) to associate over the expansion of the commerce clause that gave congress unintended power



  4. #1424
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it isn't. That's just silly hyperbole on your part. If you read the court case, you'll know better.
    then please explain when one discriminates against a person ....how does that harm the person, in an external bodily fashion.

  5. #1425
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    actually not unless everyone who has the same business discriminates against them

    however, I believe in the sanctity of private property and the right of (not) to associate over the expansion of the commerce clause that gave congress unintended power
    And history tells us that can happen. Prejudice is not dead.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1426
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    then please explain when one discriminates against a person ....how does that harm the person, in an external bodily fashion.
    Seriously, read the court case. If you do, you shouldn't have to keep up the silliness.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1427
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And history tells us that can happen. Prejudice is not dead.
    the remedy is worse than the disease



  8. #1428
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Seriously, read the court case. If you do, you shouldn't have to keep up the silliness.
    why cannot you explain, what you are saying?

  9. #1429
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the remedy is worse than the disease

    very profound!...

  10. #1430
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    very profound!...
    that applies to almost all the NEW DEAL, affirmative action, the war on drugs, etc



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •