View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 121 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #1201
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sorry you failed, its very clear here.

    individual people are being denied there right to marry--------> becuase of discrimination laws ......which are on the books of states as constitutional amendments.

    individual people are being denied there right to propriety and right to association, -------->becuase of discrimination laws.....which are on the books as statutory laws.

    statutory laws do not override the rights of people, which you say they do!

    do constitutional amendments override the rights of people?
    The fact (not opinion) is the courts disagree. You can call it a fail on my part, but it's the winning fail in that case. You can repeat yourself all you want. But this has been before the courts and my view won.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1202
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The fact (not opinion) is the courts disagree. You can call it a fail on my part, but it's the winning fail in that case. You can repeat yourself all you want. But this has been before the courts and my view won.
    you posts are inconstant,

    you have stated that a society can come together to make laws, which deny individual property rights/and rights to association by the creation of discrimination laws.........................which are statutory laws.

    yet you would say that a society cannot come together to deny rights of individuals to marry because of discrimination laws .................................................. ................which are constitutional amendments.

    you are in a hole, and cant get out!

  3. #1203
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you posts are inconstant,

    you have stated that a society can come together to make laws, which deny individual property rights/and rights to association by the creation of discrimination laws.........................which are statutory laws.

    yet you would say that a society cannot come together to deny rights of individuals to marry because of discrimination laws .................................................. ................which are constitutional amendments.

    you are in a hole, and cant get out!
    You say that because you don't understand the argument. You fixate in the wrong places. The point here is you can't discriminate base on race, gender or religion as to who you serve, and you can't with marriage of homosexuals. Not discriminating allows us to live more peaceably together than allowing discrimination does.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1204
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You say that because you don't understand the argument. You fixate in the wrong places. The point here is you can't discriminate base on race, gender or religion as to who you serve, and you can't with marriage of homosexuals. Not discriminating allows us to live more peaceably together than allowing discrimination does.

    no its not wrong,

    you say government (the people) can create statutory laws, to deny people right to property right to association because of discrimination.

    but

    you say government (the people) cannot create constitutional law, to deny people right to marriage becuase its discrimination

    either one is rights of people being denied by laws!

  5. #1205
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no its not wrong,

    you say government (the people) can create statutory laws, to deny people right to property right to association because of discrimination.

    but

    you say government (the people) cannot create constitutional law, to deny people right to marriage becuase its discrimination

    either one is rights of people being denied by laws!
    I'm sorry, but no. There is no real denial for the property owner. He loses nothing but the right to act out his bigotry. No rights are lost. The people who were denied rights in both cases were the minorities. You simply can't see the real issues.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1206
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sorry, but no. There is no real denial for the property owner. He loses nothing but the right to act out his bigotry. No rights are lost. The people who were denied rights in both cases were the minorities. You simply can't see the real issues.
    sorry bigotry is not in the constitution,.

    statutory laws cannot be made to deny people property and association rights, ..its unconstitutional.

    you have stated that a society can come together to make laws, which deny individual property rights/and rights to association by the creation of discrimination laws.........................which are statutory laws.

    yet you would say that a society cannot come together to deny rights of individuals to marry because of discrimination laws .................................................. ................which are constitutional amendments.

    you are in a hole, and cant get out!

  7. #1207
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sorry bigotry is not in the constitution,.

    statutory laws cannot be made to deny people property and association rights, ..its unconstitutional.

    you have stated that a society can come together to make laws, which deny individual property rights/and rights to association by the creation of discrimination laws.........................which are statutory laws.

    yet you would say that a society cannot come together to deny rights of individuals to marry because of discrimination laws .................................................. ................which are constitutional amendments.

    you are in a hole, and cant get out!
    No or said it was in the Constitution. Focus.

    I'm in no hole. You not understanding the argument isn't a reflection on me. You dance for pages because you missed the court ruling. NIE you're dancing because you can't see the argument. Back up so you can see the forest.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1208
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No or said it was in the Constitution. Focus.

    I'm in no hole. You not understanding the argument isn't a reflection on me. You dance for pages because you missed the court ruling. NIE you're dancing because you can't see the argument. Back up so you can see the forest.
    no local ,state or federal government can make a law to deny rights of the people,...unless a crime has been committed,..discrimination again is not crime.

  9. #1209
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no local ,state or federal government can make a law to deny rights of the people,...unless a crime has been committed,..discrimination again is not crime.
    We've covered this. Focus. No ones rights have been denied.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1210
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We've covered this. Focus. No ones rights have been denied.
    all the time, by governments.

    your property is yours its does not belong to government to control, if you commit a crime, put people in danger,...then government can act, until then, ..the government is mute on the subject.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •