View Poll Results: Should the public accommodations portion of the law be repealed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 52.03%
  • No

    56 45.53%
  • I don't know

    3 2.44%
Page 120 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1973

Thread: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

  1. #1191
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you are correct to a point, it is the duty of government to protect people from harm, meaning their rights not be infringed becuase of a crime, or thru a health and safety issue ..like spoiled food, of dangerous equipment, these areas the government has authority to act, when you volatile statutory law on your property.

    however statutory law does not override constitutional laws.

    you cannot make laws, which tell a property owner how to treat a customer, morality or social, becuase government has no authority in those areas....the government is not a moral ,social decider,.....if it was.. it could tell people how to behave, what to drink ,eat, how to raise children, and if does not have that power.

    or constitution is not a religious , social or moral document on the people
    Again, the courts ruled the constitution was not violated. They have the final say here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1192
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, the courts ruled the constitution was not violated. They have the final say here.

    lets play a few questions here:

    you being a liberal, can a state which have banned gay marriage do it, becuase they use the excuse its immoral, and harmful to the institution of marriage, and justify there ban?...and if no why?
    Last edited by Master PO; 06-30-13 at 07:36 PM.

  3. #1193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And yet, those who count disagree with you. Shocking.
    And yet, they're wrong.

  4. #1194
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    lets play a few questions here:

    you being a liberal, can a state which have banned gay marriage do it, becuase they use the excuse its immoral, and harmful to the institution of marriage, and justify there ban?...and if no why?
    Same reason they can't deny service.

    For any society to function, there has to be rules of fairness. And overtime, we're developing them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1195
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    And yet, they're wrong.
    I don't think they are. We have differing opinions. But they actually rule, and that settles the issue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1196
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Same reason they can't deny service.

    For any society to function, there has to be rules of fairness. And overtime, we're developing them.
    well explain to me this.

    how can liberals.say this: is unconstitutional for a government and its people to ban SSM, because states believe that SSM i will be harmful to the institution of marriage, ..while denying SS couples there rights.

    but in the same breath say.......its constitutional for the people and its government, to ban discrimination becuase its is harmful to a person, .....while infringing on the rights of property owners?
    Last edited by Master PO; 06-30-13 at 08:03 PM.

  7. #1197
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    well explain to me this.

    how can liberals.say this: is unconstitutional for a government and its people to ban SSM, because states believe that SSM i will be harmful to the institution of marriage, ..while denying SS couples there rights.

    but in the same breath say.......its constitutional for the people and its government, to ban discrimination becuase its is harmful to a person, .....while infringing on the rights of property owners?
    Because we're very consistent. Both involve discrimination, and while I don't speak for liberals, the same 14th amendment used by civil rights activists works in both cases, the bottom line here is the lack of support for discrimination.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1198
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Because we're very consistent. Both involve discrimination, and while I don't speak for liberals, the same 14th amendment used by civil rights activists works in both cases, the bottom line here is the lack of support for discrimination.

    wrong .......both involved rights

    individual people are being denied there right to marry--------> becuase of discrimination laws ......which are on the books of states as constitutional amendments.

    individual people are being denied there right to propriety and right to association, -------->becuase of discrimination laws.....which are on the books as statutory laws.

  9. #1199
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong .......both involved rights

    individual people are being denied there right to marry--------> becuase of discrimination laws ......which are on the books of states as constitutional amendments.

    individual people are being denied there right to propriety and right to association, -------->becuase of discrimination laws.....which are on the books as statutory laws.
    No, and the courts agree with me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1200
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Agree with John Stossel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, and the courts agree with me.

    sorry you failed, its very clear here.

    individual people are being denied there right to marry--------> becuase of discrimination laws ......which are on the books of states as constitutional amendments.

    individual people are being denied there right to propriety and right to association, -------->becuase of discrimination laws.....which are on the books as statutory laws.

    statutory laws do not override the rights of people, which you say they do!

    do constitutional amendments override the rights of people?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •