View Poll Results: Do you find the waiting time for proof suspicious?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 36.36%
  • Maybe

    1 9.09%
  • No

    6 54.55%
  • Other [do comment, please]

    0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

  1. #21
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The cat is already out of the bag. What is being asked for: proof that terrorist plots were thwarted using this gathering technique has nothing to do with how the intelligence was gathered or analysed.
    And what form would expect that "proof" to take?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #22
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    If it was something obvious like that I doubt the NSA would have any issues at all "revealing" that information.
    The NSA would have every problem with it because what they are doing is illegal and not for catching terrorists, but rather monitoring The People. And because if this they don't want any information getting out. Now that it has been confirmed, they have to start manufacturing reasons to hide, deflect, and lie about what they've been doing.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #23
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,151

    Re: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The cat is already out of the bag. What is being asked for: proof that terrorist plots were thwarted using this gathering technique has nothing to do with how the intelligence was gathered or analysed.
    It doesn't have anything to do with how it was gathered, and I don't agree with the methods used. But whatever the method, you don't show the other guy your hand by revealing the intelligence.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #24
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The NSA would have every problem with it because what they are doing is illegal and not for catching terrorists, but rather monitoring The People. And because if this they don't want any information getting out. Now that it has been confirmed, they have to start manufacturing reasons to hide, deflect, and lie about what they've been doing.
    They wouldn't have any problems at all. What do you think they would reveal by doing so? That they're monitoring cell phone calls? We already know that. With the right equipment I can monitor cell phone calls.

    Thanks for your opinion. You, of course, won't mind if I disagree ...
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #25
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    They wouldn't have any problems at all. What do you think they would reveal by doing so? That they're monitoring cell phone calls? We already know that. With the right equipment I can monitor cell phone calls.

    Thanks for your opinion. You, of course, won't mind if I disagree ...
    We defacto knew it. But that's a long way off from confirmation. Now that it's confirmed that they're doing it, it's a new ballgame. So the NSA is trying desperately to try to present their actions as legal and doing doing their best to make it seem as if it wasn't aimed against the people.

    Now that this is confirmed, the next logical question is "well what other stuff are they doing that we have no idea about?"

    You of course are free to disagree, but you shouldn't expect everyone else to just accept the BS lines the government is feeding us.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #26
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We defacto knew it. But that's a long way off from confirmation. Now that it's confirmed that they're doing it, it's a new ballgame. So the NSA is trying desperately to try to present their actions as legal and doing doing their best to make it seem as if it wasn't aimed against the people.

    Now that this is confirmed, the next logical question is "well what other stuff are they doing that we have no idea about?"

    You of course are free to disagree, but you shouldn't expect everyone else to just accept the BS lines the government is feeding us.
    I don't "just accept" them.

    I believe the difference in our outlook lies in our backgrounds. Having most likely not be around when all this started, you apparently have no clue how long this kind of thing has been happening. To become outraged and indignant at this point is meaningless. Though I applaud your sense of social awareness, we've been well past this kind of minor dispute at the fringe of privacy for a long, long time.

    Personally, I would like nothing better than to go clear back to the pre-FISA days and start over but that's impossible. We're well into the rut, now. This situation is the latest but far from the worst. The military mentality, given no outward enemy, will invariably turn inward. Where's the Red Menace, now?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #27
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I don't "just accept" them.

    I believe the difference in our outlook lies in our backgrounds. Having most likely not be around when all this started, you apparently have no clue how long this kind of thing has been happening. To become outraged and indignant at this point is meaningless. Though I applaud your sense of social awareness, we've been well past this kind of minor dispute at the fringe of privacy for a long, long time.

    Personally, I would like nothing better than to go clear back to the pre-FISA days and start over but that's impossible. We're well into the rut, now. This situation is the latest but far from the worst. The military mentality, given no outward enemy, will invariably turn inward. Where's the Red Menace, now?
    I didn't start my protest to massive government databasing and data mining with this event. And "so it goes" may work for Vonnegut, but it is a very dangerous mentality to take with government force.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    And what form would expect that "proof" to take?
    Simple summary should suffice.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with how it was gathered, and I don't agree with the methods used. But whatever the method, you don't show the other guy your hand by revealing the intelligence.
    Nor do you break peoples rights and break laws to accomplish things either.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #30
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,151

    Re: "The information may be available as soon as Monday" [NSA scandal] suspicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Nor do you break peoples rights and break laws to accomplish things either.
    No you don't. I don't support that, as I said. But once you have the information, you don't tip your hand no matter how you got it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •