View Poll Results: Whatís your take on Benghazi?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whatís a Benghazi?

    4 9.52%
  • A stupid video incited localized terror

    2 4.76%
  • Letís not forget the atrocities of George Bush

    4 9.52%
  • Barack Obama had nothing to do with this

    2 4.76%
  • The President and his staff need to be thoroughly investigated

    26 61.90%
  • Iím afraid of what we might find if we dig too deep

    4 9.52%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: Where do you stand?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Where do you stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well, actual Libertarians can. It's the ones that think the word "libertarian" is just a cooler sounding way to say "Republican" that you have to watch out for.
    Those are easily identified and dissected. If you start taking right-wing stances on abortion, drugs, and homosexuality, you're instantly outed as LINO.

    Fortunately, they're noticeably rare.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Or they can simply trash George Bush on a Barack Obama related thread. It's allowed, and it's also liberal.
    Haha. Well I was no big fan of Bush, but I do often defend him - in fact, I will defend him more than criticize him (despite obvious flaws) because every double-digit IQ liberal wants to "blame Bush" for anything and everything.

    I don't worry about him too much because Bush is past, and Obama is present. In 2016, I'll close the book on 95% of my criticisms of Obama (100% if America wakes up and elects officials to repeal Obamacare) and I'll move on to attacking the next poor schlub they elect.

  2. #42
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where do you stand?

    How about CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson’s computer being hacked because she's investigating the Benghazi story?

    Sharyl Attkisson Shares Update On Computer Hacking Investigation ę CBS Philly
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  3. #43
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Where do you stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    A screw up that will not effect the Teflon in Chief.
    Ever considered why it won't effect the Teflon in Chief or any Teflon in Chief? Because making mistakes is not a criminal act. But the investigation is worthy, as it highlights mistakes and avoids them in the future.

    We should have sent help. That's the message I think we ought to send to our friends and enemies. "No man left behind."
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #44
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,886

    Re: Where do you stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Ever considered why it won't effect the Teflon in Chief or any Teflon in Chief? Because making mistakes is not a criminal act.
    That and good leaders insulate themselves from scandals & cover ups, they always have a loyal Eric Holder type to take the heat and possibly fall on his sword if need be. Also this particular President is almost as hostile to whistle blowers as the KGB were.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  5. #45
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where do you stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Of course you are. He's vague, PC, and you share the same sense of balance: slightly to the Left.
    Well, when you can't refute what is said, you resort to attacking the person making the point. Well done.

    Just to enlighten you, since you are fairly new here, Don is one of the most respected posters on this board, period, by people of any political ideology. I disagree with Don, frequently, but when he says something I disagree with or dislike, I first check my assumptions since there is a good chance those are in error. He was somewhat vague here, but I asked for a quick answer, not a long, indepth one which he can and has provided in the past on issues, making posts that Zyphlin is jealous of the wordiness of.

    The problem is not that Don said something I agreed with, nor that he did not go into great depth, nor that he said anything untrue. The problem, which he illustrated, is your poll question is based entirely on your slanted view of the situation. You di not make an honest poll, you made one designed to try and get the answer you wanted to hear. I would recommend you stop trying to blame others for your own shortcomings.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Where do you stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Whatís your take on Benghazi?
    It's a dead giveaway, dereliction of duty as Cn'C by Barack Obama.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Where do you stand?

    Obama was playing golf, how can we hold him accountable?

  8. #48
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Where do you stand?

    Another bad attempt by Darrell Issa to turn one of his fantasies into fruition....unfortunately for Issa, he failed yet again.


    Remember this is the man who cried after he financed the recall of Gray Davis and then Arnold entered the race.....Issa is a fool.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #49
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Where do you stand?

    or another one:

    A sad attempt by FauxNews to create a scandal that just wasn't there....but didn't stop them from trying 147 times.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Where do you stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    It's complex. But based on the information currently available, I'd summarize it as follows:

    1) Planning for security, etc., was somewhat chaotic and disorganized prior to the attacks.
    probably because the commander in chief was too busy preparing for re election.

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    2) Once the terrorist attack was underway, there was no effective way to do more to rescue those under attack. U.S. fighter jets were in Italy.
    and the commander in chief was on the campaign trail.

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    3) The messaging afterwards was not very good. Subsequent accounts had to be revised. The gap between the early accounts and later accounts had an impact on credibility. That gap was also exploited in the partisan jockeying, both in Washington and by political pundits along idealogical or partisan lines.
    But Barack Obama was re elected, which is all the Left really cared about to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    4) There was an investigation and recommendations were made. The focus should be on learning from what happened, not tilting at windmills aimed a politicizing what was a terrible tragedy.
    Because everyone knows the commander in chief had damn good reason for dragging his feet on his ambassador's request for more security.

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    In terms of long-term political impact, I do not believe the Benghazi attacks will have any serious adverse impact should former Secretary of State Clinton seek the Presidency.
    I'd love to hear Chris Stevens' take on this cold analysis.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •