View Poll Results: Should chemical weapons remain illeagal

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, chemical weapons cross a line

    30 90.91%
  • No, they are just another weapon

    3 9.09%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,298
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    In 1978 which weapon that delivered a shaped charge was carried by a rifle platoon ?

    Now the M-2 back packed flame thrower was used in Vietnam, even though I personally never seen it used, but I did see many M-48 flame tanks in Vietnam.

    Before the use of CS gas (tear gas) was internationally outlawed by the military in 1993, the word came down in Nam that Marines and soldiers were no longer authorised to use CS when clearing out VC tunnels. Seem some libs back home had a problem with using CS, it was politically incorrect. It would be up to the tunnel rats to clear VC tunnels.

    There's also another problem with using explosives during a fire fight, "danger close."
    The first shaped charge man portable weapon was the Panzerfaust. Do I need to tell you when that was first used?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    There isn't.

    "Jap" on the other hand, is the term invented in WWII to mean "someone who is not fully human, so we don't have to feel bad about killing them." We have invented a similar term in most wars, "Hadj" being the latest. We weren't killing people in Europe, either. We were killing "Krauts." In Vietnam, it was "slants" and "gooks."

    It's a psychological defense against the horrors of war.
    The term "Jap" is nothing more than the shortening of Japanese and was used going back to the 1800's. Look at any old newspapers. It was never considered to be a derogatory term until some white beard scratching liberal decided it was in the early 1970's. The same with "Nip" which is the shorten name for Nipponese.

    The word "gook" has been used by U.S. Marines going back to the Barbary Pirate wars (1801-1805) and is a noun, (person place of thing) that is strange or foreign. It's U.S. Marine slang.The island of Guadalcanal during WW ll was called a gook island not because of the Melanesian natives or the Japanese troops who occupied the island but the island was strange to the Marines and soldiers because of the heat, humidity, mud, rain and the jungle. Completely different than Brooklyn New York. But in the 1970's the PC police decided that the word was derogatory and actually believed that "gook" only referred to Asians ignoring that U.S. Marines referred to Mexican soldiers during the Mexican-American War as gooks.

  3. #43
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

    Should chemicle weapons be illeagal-oct2012x9mst1945sep2-jpg.....

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The first shaped charge man portable weapon was the Panzerfaust. Do I need to tell you when that was first used?
    Americans were never issued the Panzerfaust, the closest thing we had to it during WW ll was the bazooka and later on the 3.5" rocket launcher.

    Shaped charges may be affective on armor but not against concrete structure. A shape charge used against a tank for example, it's not the explosive charge that kills the soldiers inside the tank but the deterioration of the armor inside the tank that disintegrates the armor and shrapnel from that armor wounds and kills those inside and detonates the tanks ammunition and ignites the tanks fuel.

    On concrete is will only blow a hole in the concrete structure. The weapon of choice for reinforced structures is either an armor piercing 16" , 8" or 6" naval gun not a howitzer. If an AP round isn't available a HE round with a steel plug with a delayed fuse is used. Howitzers lack kenetic energy unlike naval guns or the old self propelled 175 MM gun.

  5. #45
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

    Yes. Any weapon that cannot be used in a defensive way should be illegal. Chemical weapons cannot be limited to attackers, but will harm innocent people.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  6. #46
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    All this talk about Obama's red line in Syria has me wondering just why we have outlawed the use of chemical weapons. Do we not fight wars to win? We used nukes in Japan, we incinerated people in Dresden and Japs were burned alive with flame throwers on islands across the pacific theatre. Napalm is not a pleasant way to die and a bullet in the guts is just a bit agonizing so what's the deal with chemical weapons?
    Seriously, you have to ask this on a public forum? You seriously don't understand that the indiscriminate killing of civilian populations is a war crime? Even LeMay recognized that what he did with the fire-bombing and use of the the nukes were war crimes, the only reason they were not prosecuted was due to their being the victor. Both German & Japanese military personnel were prosecuted for war crimes including the use of chemical weapons.

    It just baffles me that in this day and age you would have to ask a question like this. The poll results should tell you something.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Yes. Any weapon that cannot be used in a defensive way should be illegal. Chemical weapons cannot be limited to attackers, but will harm innocent people.
    "Rule of Thumb" when using chemical weapons:

    Stick your finger in your mouth to wet your finger and hold it up to see which way the wind is blowing.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    "Rule of Thumb" when using chemical weapons:

    Stick your finger in your mouth to wet your finger and hold it up to see which way the wind is blowing.
    typical Marine, doesn't know his thumb from a finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #49
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,298
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Americans were never issued the Panzerfaust, the closest thing we had to it during WW ll was the bazooka and later on the 3.5" rocket launcher.

    Shaped charges may be affective on armor but not against concrete structure. A shape charge used against a tank for example, it's not the explosive charge that kills the soldiers inside the tank but the deterioration of the armor inside the tank that disintegrates the armor and shrapnel from that armor wounds and kills those inside and detonates the tanks ammunition and ignites the tanks fuel.

    On concrete is will only blow a hole in the concrete structure. The weapon of choice for reinforced structures is either an armor piercing 16" , 8" or 6" naval gun not a howitzer. If an AP round isn't available a HE round with a steel plug with a delayed fuse is used. Howitzers lack kenetic energy unlike naval guns or the old self propelled 175 MM gun.
    So much wrong information. Ever see Saving Private Ryan(Or The Longest Day? Or The Big Red One?)? They is a weapon against a bunker there called a Bagalore Torpedo. It uses(and is still in use) a shaped charge. Mortars as well now use shaped charges. Shaped charges are very effective against concrete structures.

    Do you find it embarrassing that a liberal knows more about the military than you?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Should chemicle weapons be illeagal

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    typical Marine, doesn't know his thumb from a finger.
    Even Clinton knew to use his finger instead of his thumb to see which way the wind was blowing.

    But you being a liberal, sucking on ones thumb is SOP I suppose.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •