View Poll Results: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    91 83.49%
  • No

    3 2.75%
  • As long as he isn't an atheist

    2 1.83%
  • As long as he isn't a muslim

    13 11.93%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104

Thread: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

  1. #81
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    They don't call Jesus Lord, they put themselves equal with Jesus.
    They still consider him to be of a higher degree than the rest of the children of Elohim. He is the Elder Brother.

    Regardless, this is not the place to debate whether Mormons are Christians. I suggest you open up a thread in religious discussions, and I'm sure Bob Blaylock will be more than willing to discuss this with you.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  2. #82
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    They still consider him to be of a higher degree than the rest of the children of Elohim. He is the Elder Brother.

    Regardless, this is not the place to debate whether Mormons are Christians. I suggest you open up a thread in religious discussions, and I'm sure Bob Blaylock will be more than willing to discuss this with you.
    I don't need to open another thread, I didn't bring it up.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #83
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You Liberals already elected a Muslim for President.

    I doubt if I would ever vote for a Muslim.
    In case anyone missed it, NP still thinks Obama is a Muslim and that only Liberals can vote, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  4. #84
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    The US has had 44 consecutive christian presidents. I wonder if we will ever have one that isnt.
    Wait a minute, didn't the Democrats vote for a ....... the last two times? At least that's what I heard.



    j/k
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #85
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    They don't believe the same things as Christians. They are Mormons.
    They believe the entirety of the christian bible, and follow jesus christ's teachings. They call themselves christians as well. Mormons simply believe in one more book than you.

    So let me get this straight:
    - Jews believe in only the old testament, so they're WRONG
    - Mormons believe in an extra book after the new testament, so they're WRONG
    - Christians believe in the exact correct number of books, so they're RIGHT

    That's really you're logic?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #86
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    They believe the entirety of the christian bible, and follow jesus christ's teachings. They call themselves christians as well. Mormons simply believe in one more book than you.

    So let me get this straight:
    - Jews believe in only the old testament, so they're WRONG
    - Mormons believe in an extra book after the new testament, so they're WRONG
    - Christians believe in the exact correct number of books, so they're RIGHT

    That's really you're logic?
    Do you know what the Mormons beleive? Do you know what the Jews believe? It has nothing to do with the number of books, it has to do with what they believe.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #87
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Do you know what the Mormons beleive? Do you know what the Jews believe? It has nothing to do with the number of books, it has to do with what they believe.
    Yes, I know what both of them believe. Mormons are christians. Just because you hate one of your religion's sects doesn't mean you get to disown them. The nazis and KKK were christians too. Doesn't mean you are. Just deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #88
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yes, I know what both of them believe. Mormons are christians. Just because you hate one of your religion's sects doesn't mean you get to disown them. The nazis and KKK were christians too. Doesn't mean you are. Just deal with it.
    If that is what you want to blindly believe. Ok.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #89
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    They believe the entirety of the christian bible, and follow jesus christ's teachings. They call themselves christians as well. Mormons simply believe in one more book than you.

    So let me get this straight:
    - Jews believe in only the old testament, so they're WRONG
    - Mormons believe in an extra book after the new testament, so they're WRONG
    - Christians believe in the exact correct number of books, so they're RIGHT

    That's really you're logic?
    That kind of proves his point though...that although they do believe in related text they are not the same.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  10. #90
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yes, I know what both of them believe. Mormons are christians. Just because you hate one of your religion's sects doesn't mean you get to disown them. The nazis and KKK were christians too. Doesn't mean you are. Just deal with it.
    You just blew your own point with this post. Just because somebody or some group self-identifies as something does not necessarily make it so.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •