View Poll Results: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    91 83.49%
  • No

    3 2.75%
  • As long as he isn't an atheist

    2 1.83%
  • As long as he isn't a muslim

    13 11.93%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

  1. #91
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    You just blew your own point with this post. Just because somebody or some group self-identifies as something does not necessarily make it so.
    In the same way, just because someone (or group) doesn't want another group identifying with them, doesn't necessarily make that so, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  2. #92
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    If that is what you want to blindly believe. Ok.
    If facts are what I'd like to blindly believe, then yes. Do some research. You'll find they actually do call themselves christians. Your ignorance on the subject is appalling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    That kind of proves his point though...that although they do believe in related text they are not the same.
    I never said they were exactly the same. Just that mormons are christians. They are christians that believe in one extra fictional book.

    Never mind the fact that they call themselves christians as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    You just blew your own point with this post. Just because somebody or some group self-identifies as something does not necessarily make it so.

    Mormons do call themselves christians, and adhere to every page of the bible that "traditional" christians do. I'd even argue that the average mormon adheres closer to the bible's morality standards than the average christian. It just so happens those same christians are butthurt about it and don't want to be associated with them. Tough titties.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 06-19-13 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #93
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    If facts are what I'd like to blindly believe, then yes. Do some research. You'll find they actually do call themselves christians. Your ignorance on the subject is appalling.



    I never said they were exactly the same. Just that mormons are christians. They are christians that believe in one extra fictional book.

    Never mind the fact that they call themselves christians as well.




    Mormons do call themselves christians, and adhere to every page of the bible that "traditional" christians do. It just so happens those same christians are butthurt about it and don't want to be associated with them. Tough titties.
    Never said they didn't call themselves Christians.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  4. #94
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Mormons do call themselves christians, and adhere to every page of the bible that "traditional" christians do. I'd even argue that the average mormon adheres closer to the bible's morality standards than the average christian. It just so happens those same christians are butthurt about it and don't want to be associated with them. Tough titties.
    I would agree with you on that point. I even said so in a Bible Study I taught many years ago. Let's just say it was not a popular statement.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Yes.

    As a 25 year old, 6ft, dirty blonde, green eyed Germanic/Scandinavian guy whose parents hail from Catholic and Methodist backgrounds, whether or not our corporate leader..ermmm.. president.. believes in a Jewish zombie god incarnate story from the Middle East is entirely irrelevant to me.


    It has nothing to do with my heritage, certainly nothing to do with whether you're capable of morality and, from my personal opinion after 25 years on this planet, is often used as a veiled cover to hide a void ideologues true empty mental closet.

    I'll take my heritage and its fun little mythological histories over a Jewish zombie god from the Middle East any day. Give me the Barbarians and the Alans over the Jewish Zombie any day, please. We have a great, rich heritage. I don't want to believe in a Jewish Zombie story developed by one radical against the Romans. Our resistance heritage is much greater and richer than one single Jewish Zombie radical put to death by Rome in a mere day.

    Last edited by Ryan5; 06-19-13 at 06:24 PM.

  6. #96
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    I don't care in the slightest what religion (if any) a candidate belongs to, so long as they do not make irrational or hateful decisions based on that religion. They could be Muslim, Mormon, Wiccan, or Satanist for all I care. So long as they hold allegiance to this country and its people before any kind of supernatural objectives. I would obviously prefer leaders without any religion in the first place, since they would be the most free of this conflict.

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire X View Post
    I agree, but in the modern era Christianity has been a much more of a peaceful religion.
    Only in the secular west. It is still the source of unmitigated horror and violence in many parts of Africa and Asia. It does not seem to be Christianity that has changed. Rather, secular ideas have displaced religious ideas from power.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can believe what you like.
    Actually no. I can't. I can only believe what is evidenced and compelling and thus likely true.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You have a moving Bible?
    It's running away along with the refrigerator. That is a hilarious image.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    You just blew your own point with this post. Just because somebody or some group self-identifies as something does not necessarily make it so.
    Then what does?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    I knew that about Jefferson but always thought Adams was a devout Christian. I don't believe all of our presidents were Christian, I'm sure there were some who simply used it to help get elected.
    I'm sure most of them would say just about anything to get elected.

  8. #98
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm sure most of them would say just about anything to get elected.

  9. #99
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    There is so much crap being thrown aroud here.....Lets get one thing straight, Catholics and Christians are one in the same.
    The Catholic Church is Christian in the same way Mormons and Protestants are. They wrap themselves in the mantle of 'Christianity' but in real terms they follow the traditions of men, they celebrate the very holidays they are Biblically admonished not to. The Christianity practiced is actually Pauline Theology and paganism, not the theology of Jesus.

  10. #100
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    08-03-13 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    38

    Re: Would you vote for a president that was not a christian?

    I would vote for anyone that I felt was capable of handling the office of the president. I don't really care what someone's religious background is as long as they have a moral compas to help guide them through the tough decisions the president has to make on a daily basis. I thoroughly believe in the separation of church and state, and I have never cared what religion any politician has had.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •