View Poll Results: HOW MANY IRAQIS DIED?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1,000-5,000

    2 3.92%
  • 5,000-50,000

    2 3.92%
  • 50,000-100,000

    12 23.53%
  • 100,000-1,000,000+

    35 68.63%
Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 599

Thread: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

  1. #481
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,830

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Saying thank you to someone for their service does not mean that one worships the institution to which they are attached. If I thank a waiter at the Olive Garden, it does not mean that I worship the 'Great Garden of Olives which brings all good things to mankind'.
    I already addressed this.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  2. #482
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Of course it's 2004. The war began in 2003.

    Please, if you can't comment on what I actually claimed, refrain from being silly. I've support my claim. I'm waiting for you to actually address it.
    You have ignored reality, statistics and evidence beyond question. You pretend that Saddam's history does not exist. You pretend that everything was fine in Iraq and peace, love and joy would have filled the streets had the coalition not invaded. This is fantasy.

    I will not indulge you in the debates of a decade ago ("did sanctions hurt the Iraqi people" and "was the war worth it, one year later") until you acknowledge the reality of Saddam's history and likely future.

    As long as you insist on ignoring hard facts and their implications regarding Saddam's continued rule, your attempt to divert into old debates will go ignored.

  3. #483
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    I already addressed this.
    So, then, you think it is possible to thank someone for their service without worshiping the institution to which they are attached?

    Good, we've made progress.

    Thank you.
    (note, I am not worshiping debatepolitics.com, I'm just thanking you)

  4. #484
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You have ignored reality, statistics and evidence beyond question. You pretend that Saddam's history does not exist. You pretend that everything was fine in Iraq and peace, love and joy would have filled the streets had the coalition not invaded. This is fantasy.

    I will not indulge you in the debates of a decade ago ("did sanctions hurt the Iraqi people" and "was the war worth it, one year later") until you acknowledge the reality of Saddam's history and likely future.

    As long as you insist on ignoring hard facts and their implications regarding Saddam's continued rule, your attempt to divert into old debates will go ignored.
    I don't do any if that. I state clear in 2003 he was not killing at the level that justified invasion and gave support for it. You just don't want to debate the actual claim.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #485
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't do any if that. I state clear in 2003 he was not killing at the level that justified invasion and gave support for it. You just don't want to debate the actual claim.
    He was killing 50k+ children per year through intentional starvation. He had already killed 50k per year averaged over his dictatorship. That he would continue to kill 50k per year is a reasonable conclusion.

    Pretending that everything in Iraq would have been perfect without the invasion is fantasy. Everything Saddam ever did points in the other direction.

  6. #486
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    He was killing 50k+ children per year through intentional starvation. He had already killed 50k per year averaged over his dictatorship. That he would continue to kill 50k per year is a reasonable conclusion.

    Pretending that everything in Iraq would have been perfect without the invasion is fantasy.
    They were malnourished not dead. They are still malnourished.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #487
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,830

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So, then, you think it is possible to thank someone for their service without worshiping the institution to which they are attached?
    I already said that. It goes beyond saying thank you.

    Military idolatry isn’t reserved for Veterans Day. It’s present at halftime shows and seventh-inning stretches. It’s lurking before previews at your local movie theater. It’s evident in posted discounts at restaurants and exclusive lounges at airports. It’s displayed through commercials on television and sponsored road races on the weekend. It’s strewn together in statues, parades and official holidays. And like sitting during the National Anthem, if you dare speak out against it, you’re bombarded by insults and face gratuitous intimidation and/or violence.
    U.S. brainwashed to support military-industrial complex | The Eagle Online

    Good, we've made progress.
    On your reading comprehension?
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  8. #488
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They were malnourished not dead. They are still malnourished.
    WRONG.

    They are dead. 400k children DIED, of starvation, because Saddam sold that amount of baby formula and cereal to gather cash for institutionalized rape - in the years JUST PRIOR to the invasion.

  9. #489
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    I already said that. It goes beyond saying thank you.

    Military idolatry isn’t reserved for Veterans Day. It’s present at halftime shows and seventh-inning stretches. It’s lurking before previews at your local movie theater. It’s evident in posted discounts at restaurants and exclusive lounges at airports. It’s displayed through commercials on television and sponsored road races on the weekend. It’s strewn together in statues, parades and official holidays. And like sitting during the National Anthem, if you dare speak out against it, you’re bombarded by insults and face gratuitous intimidation and/or violence.
    U.S. brainwashed to support military-industrial complex | The Eagle Online

    Start a thread, I recommend the Conspiracy Theory subforum.

  10. #490
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,830

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Start a thread, I recommend the Conspiracy Theory subforum.
    There is nothing about a conspiracy in what I said or in that article. It is simply a social condition that is misguided imo.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •