View Poll Results: HOW MANY IRAQIS DIED?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1,000-5,000

    2 3.92%
  • 5,000-50,000

    2 3.92%
  • 50,000-100,000

    12 23.53%
  • 100,000-1,000,000+

    35 68.63%
Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 599

Thread: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

  1. #421
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    So would you also say we shouldn't be getting involved in Syria?
    Absolutely not. If individuals and private groups want to get involved then that is their prerogative. I feel for the Syrian people just as I do for the Iraqis. I just don't trust the US State to handle it just as I'm sure you don't trust the State with your Social Security and taxes.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  2. #422
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You were wrong about two things:

    1. That Saddam had not slaughtered hundreds of thousands just prior to the invasion.
    2. That the coalition killed more than Saddam.

    Both statements are flat-out BS, according to undeniable evidence.

    How can you be so determined in your ignorance?
    1. He had not. I'm not wrong about that.

    2. Not my claim. My claim was more died than would have otherwise.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #423
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    1. He had not. I'm not wrong about that.
    How can you ignore the intentional starvation of 400k children?

    2. Not my claim. My claim was more died than would have otherwise.
    Based on your crystal ball that contradicts all known history and reality.


    And you know why, Boo? You did make that claim:

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He was not saint, a terrible and brutal tyrant to be sure, but we killed more, much more by invading.
    WRONG. Obviously wrong. An elementary school child could gather the sources necessary to see the idiocy of that claim!

    How do you explain forgetting what you claimed just hours ago??
    Last edited by ecofarm; 06-18-13 at 03:11 PM.

  4. #424
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    It would appear that I know far more than everyone here. Your explanations rely upon near sighted Intel that supports the maxim of either only predicting failure or merely reporting daily activity. It speaks nothing of historical understanding, nor does it take into account what is actually happening throughout the region. As these people move closer to democracy and liberal freedom, the religious nuts will gather their strengths, train more extremists, and react. This is natural to the course of all religions throughout the world. It has nothing to do with a single act in Iraq. It has everything to do with a people that are witnessing Islam's failure as an organizing tool (like European Catholicism before it) in the democratic/liberal modern globalizing age and reacting badly. In times of change religious people always turn to God and radicals always seek that which will either turn back the clock or punish those who are blamed for that change. If wish to use Iraq as your argument (others argument) that it created a training ground for terrorists you should turn your gaze South towards Yemen or West towards Africa where this type environment also exists without American invasion. It's a tired excuse argument that has little credibility for a region full of havoc, turmoil, and blood.
    I don't think you know more. Your view is just more myopic. There being more than one training grown doesn't change what happened in Iraq. And the region was moving toward democracy before we invaded. In fact, there's a fair argument that we slowed that process down. You speak of history, but don't seem to recall that Israel has used force for a long, long time, with really very little to show for it. This problem can't be won this way, and history tells us this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #425
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Democracy fixes almost everything because it is the only form of government dynamic enough to deal with the many problems of the MENA. Besides, dictators didn't work, monarchies haven't worked, theocracies haven't worked....perhaps since democracy works everywhere else it might work in the MENA. To suggest otherwise is bigotry.

    Do you remember French elections? Remember that Napoleon guy that eventually emerged? Remember German elections? Remember that Hitler guy that emerged? If it took the mighty cheese eating French almost 60 years to get democracy correct and the beer guzzling Germans a course correction, perhaps we can forgive a few missteps that Muslims in the MENA take.

    "Democracy at gun point" is another protestor default to pretend what happened in Iraq defines what the entire region is heading towards on their own. Elections in Iraq were never at gun point.
    It's a good thing to be sure, but even you use the word almost. And yes, we spread it at gun point. We invaded a country, and told them to vote (even though many thought they were voting for us to leave). You can't change the facts.

    And yes, I remember all those things. But they are off point. The history here is the ME.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #426
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Did I say they weren't?

    You want absolute concrete proof, but you cannot prove a negative. You cannot prove what didn't happen because something else did. We know they hate us and our allies. We know we disrupted their supply, command and training. We know they expended resources. So we know they had all of that and probably would of been using them against other targets if they had not used them there.

    During the whole time of the Iraq war, how many successful attacks were carried out against US civilian targets?

    So "Lighten up Francis."
    Oh, we can make reasonable assertions. As there was no killing if this magnatude at the time, it's reasonable to suggested we killed more than would have died. Ever thing war brings tells we should have expected it as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #427
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Absolutely not. If individuals and private groups want to get involved then that is their prerogative. I feel for the Syrian people just as I do for the Iraqis. I just don't trust the US State to handle it just as I'm sure you don't trust the State with your Social Security and taxes.
    No, I actually agree with you on Syria.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #428
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I can see that you are busy on this thread, so I'll keep it light. You said we were not attacked and appear to at least acknowledge that we were--just not enough to justify the response. Got it. Now you are calling the Iraq War a lie and that some unnamed "our own people" played down Saddam as a threat. Saddam violated the ceasefire and he did block the inspectors, that was all the justification to respond that I feel is required. Did it justify the level of response? That will be debated for years. Did Saddam still have chemical weapons or was he bluffing? Not really clear to me, maybe Saddam's chemical weapons were just used in Syria.

    No, we really were t attacked. It's comical to suggest there little acts were an attack.

    Saddam had left over degrading chemical weapons, anything else is fiction. Inspectors were on the ground and felt they could finish their job. The administration paint Iraq as a threat, hyping it beyond reason. We just had enough fever to swallow it. Rumsfeld even got away with saying absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, which literally means we got nothing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #429
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's a good thing to be sure, but even you use the word almost. And yes, we spread it at gun point. We invaded a country, and told them to vote (even though many thought they were voting for us to leave). You can't change the facts.
    Iraqis endured terrorist threats and acts in the run-up to and during the elections. Despite heavy oppression by the extremists, young and old, man and woman, Shia and Sunni voted.



    How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]-iraqi-vote-150x150-jpg

  10. #430
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Iraqis endured terrorist threats and acts in the run-up to and during the elections. Despite heavy oppression by the extremists, young and old, man and woman, Shia and Sunni voted.



    How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]-iraqi-vote-150x150-jpg
    Most thinking they were voting for us to leave.


    Yep.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •