View Poll Results: HOW MANY IRAQIS DIED?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1,000-5,000

    2 3.92%
  • 5,000-50,000

    2 3.92%
  • 50,000-100,000

    12 23.53%
  • 100,000-1,000,000+

    35 68.63%
Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 599

Thread: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

  1. #321
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I asked a specific question. Why aren't they giving us the body count anymore? None of what you stated above addresses this problem. Why are they hiding the deaths now? Are the deaths of our soldiers any LESS important because of who the president happens to be?
    What are you talking about? Not only is there no "hiding" of the death count, there is no ban on photos of the dead returning home either. You must be reading right wing garbage.

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What are you talking about? Not only is there no "hiding" of the death count, there is no ban on photos of the dead returning home either. You must be reading right wing garbage.
    I watch the same news channels I've always watched. The news has changed. I haven't. They RARELY talk about the war anymore when before it was almost a nightly story, or at least weekly updates.

    If you don't see that, YOU must be blind.

  3. #323
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I think you do. You just don't like reading it.


    Only because I think he's responsible.

    It's just a matter of time...
    No, I really don't understand what you were trying to say. As fir the rest, I'll listen when there is substance to your hyperbole.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #324
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    All liberals deserve to be treated equally. When I speak to one of you, I speak to the entire collective.

    I'm telling it like it is, and you know it.
    If you can't see differences, then you are blind, most likely by prejudice or too much koolaid.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #325
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    Did you even read the list given for why we invaded Iraq? It was very large and extensive and it was passed through a democratic congress here in the good ole' USA so why don't people stop skirting the responsibility for the Iraqi invasion (if that's what we want to call it since what the **** is his name brought it upon himself). There were MULTIPLE reasons given for why we went into Iraq, the US as a whole gave its support for it. You cannot get around that. It is edged in stone. So why don't we as Americans finally take responsibility for something we (for the most part) were all behind? We supported it. There weren't too many people here who didn't.
    I've read it many, many times. Neither individually nor in total does he list hold up as valid justification. And us having the fever is no excuse for leaders acting recklessly, immorally, nor dishonestly. But I do agree, as a people, we should recognize our error and learn so as no not be so foolish ver again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Look, you need to understand that the concept of the responsibility of a person or group for their actions exists independent of the war in Iraq or even, shockingly, your thoughts about it. Responsibility exists whether or not you're sympathetic to motivations and actions or not. Stop marrying these two ideas together.

    Secondly, I think everyone on the planet is aware of shared responsibility. That's such a no-brainer that I wouldn't have even though quasi-intelligent people would bother to discuss it. Who holds the primary responsibility for a random car bombing in Ramadi that kills 8 eight people? The US or the people that planned the attack?
    You don't act you understand it. If you did, you would know that even with others having responsibility tied to them, we are not relieved of our responsibility. We started a war without justification. We're responsible for the consequences.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #327
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I must have. They are comparable, because war is war. You can't throw aside the historical facts that don't agree with your argument. THAT is what they call "revisionist history".
    No, they are not. Too many differences. Japan, a country, actually attacked us. Iraq did not. Germany who was already invading parts of the world declared war on us first. Iraq had no such ability nor threat. Pretending there are alike s the worse kind of dishonesty.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #328
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You don't act you understand it.
    What at all gave you that impression? Or was that something to promote what you're attempting to portray?

    If you did, you would know that even with others having responsibility tied to them, we are not relieved of our responsibility.
    Did I say that? I was talking about primary responsibility. Everyone knows that everyone on the planet shares responsibility of some sort for scores of things. I, for example, have bought things from Walmart. However, minutely, I share some blame for the building collapse in Bangladesh, then. However, if someone were to approach me and I say that I was responsible, implying that I bore primary responsibility, I'd laugh in their face. Likewise, when someone says a car bomb in Ramadi that kills 8 is the primary responsibility of the US and not the people that planned and executed that attack, people understandably laugh in their face.

    We started a war without justification. We're responsible for the consequences.
    Whether it was with or without justification doesn't matter, that's what I've been telling you. Responsibility doesn't start when someone does something wrong and stop when you do something right. Your analogy about accidents makes no sense, because nations don't go to war by accident. It's like you can't separate the idea of responsibility and the war in Iraq.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #329
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    What at all gave you that impression? Or was that something to promote what you're attempting to portray?



    Did I say that? I was talking about primary responsibility. Everyone knows that everyone on the planet shares responsibility of some sort for scores of things. I, for example, have bought things from Walmart. However, minutely, I share some blame for the building collapse in Bangladesh, then. However, if someone were to approach me and I say that I was responsible, implying that I bore primary responsibility, I'd laugh in their face. Likewise, when someone says a car bomb in Ramadi that kills 8 is the primary responsibility of the US and not the people that planned and executed that attack, people understandably laugh in their face.



    Whether it was with or without justification doesn't matter, that's what I've been telling you. Responsibility doesn't start when someone does something wrong and stop when you do something right. Your analogy about accidents makes no sense, because nations don't go to war by accident. It's like you can't separate the idea of responsibility and the war in Iraq.
    Let me try this. You go shot, say a child, fir no real reason. The dad shoots you, during the trial. The family falls apart. The remaining children go through a lot of **** and have difficulty the rest of their lives.

    Are you responsible?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #330
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Let me try this. You go shot, say a child, fir no real reason. The dad shoots you, during the trial. The family falls apart. The remaining children go through a lot of **** and have difficulty the rest of their lives.

    Are you responsible?
    Sure, just like I'm responsible for the building collapsing in Bangladesh. The primary responsibility is on either the children (depending on the choices they made), or the dad.

    I've noticed twice you refuse to tell me who is primarily responsible for that hypothetical car bomb in Ramadi.

    I'm sorry, friend, but it seems as if your opinion that the Iraq War was "bad" or "wrong" or whatever has skewed your critical thinking here.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •