View Poll Results: HOW MANY IRAQIS DIED?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1,000-5,000

    2 3.92%
  • 5,000-50,000

    2 3.92%
  • 50,000-100,000

    12 23.53%
  • 100,000-1,000,000+

    35 68.63%
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 599

Thread: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

  1. #311
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Touting the 1 million figure, years after it has been debunked, is willful ignorance.
    And touting the 1000 - 5000 isn't ?

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  2. #312
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No invasion, no insurgents. Do you understand the concept of shared responsibility?

    But, the fact is, no no invasion, no insurgents.

    I disagree with the war because of the negative things I mention. If we had not invaded on a pretext, I would have been opposed. If we hadn't been reckless, there would be nothing for me to object over. If we had told the truth, I couldn't criticize the honest. Do you understand this?

    BTW, pretending ignorance to what I said doesn't make you accurate about consistency.
    Did you even read the list given for why we invaded Iraq? It was very large and extensive and it was passed through a democratic congress here in the good ole' USA so why don't people stop skirting the responsibility for the Iraqi invasion (if that's what we want to call it since what the **** is his name brought it upon himself). There were MULTIPLE reasons given for why we went into Iraq, the US as a whole gave its support for it. You cannot get around that. It is edged in stone. So why don't we as Americans finally take responsibility for something we (for the most part) were all behind? We supported it. There weren't too many people here who didn't.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  3. #313
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No invasion, no insurgents. Do you understand the concept of shared responsibility?

    But, the fact is, no no invasion, no insurgents.

    I disagree with the war because of the negative things I mention. If we had not invaded on a pretext, I would have been opposed. If we hadn't been reckless, there would be nothing for me to object over. If we had told the truth, I couldn't criticize the honest. Do you understand this?

    BTW, pretending ignorance to what I said doesn't make you accurate about consistency.
    Look, you need to understand that the concept of the responsibility of a person or group for their actions exists independent of the war in Iraq or even, shockingly, your thoughts about it. Responsibility exists whether or not you're sympathetic to motivations and actions or not. Stop marrying these two ideas together.

    Secondly, I think everyone on the planet is aware of shared responsibility. That's such a no-brainer that I wouldn't have even though quasi-intelligent people would bother to discuss it. Who holds the primary responsibility for a random car bombing in Ramadi that kills 8 eight people? The US or the people that planned the attack?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #314
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,307

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    While he inherited the war, Nixon continued it and twice the number of servicemen died while he was President as under Johnson. No wonder he resigned.

    I'm not inclined to see the wars as LBJ's war or Reagan's war but realistically as "War is good business, and let's get some going." I see it as the Corporate Military/Industrial Complex's war or for example, Iraq, as the Well-Oiled Corporate Military/Industrial Complex's war. Now we acknowledge the very capitalist push to profit from war and, of course, if you are in the armaments or military supply line, then war is good business and let's gin up more of it. That's not some subliminal force, it's the real world of profit and loss. Syria, War is good business, and business is lookin' good." Eh? By the same measures, Republicans seem to be owned by more War corporations than Democrats, but both are bought and sold. We don't have any business being involved in Syria, just as we had no real business being involved in Iraq, excepting the OIL that is.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I'm not inclined to see the wars as LBJ's war or Reagan's war but realistically as "War is good business, and let's get some going." I see it as the Corporate Military/Industrial Complex's war or for example, Iraq, as the Well-Oiled Corporate Military/Industrial Complex's war. Now we acknowledge the very capitalist push to profit from war and, of course, if you are in the armaments or military supply line, then war is good business and let's gin up more of it. That's not some subliminal force, it's the real world of profit and loss. Syria, War is good business, and business is lookin' good." Eh? By the same measures, Republicans seem to be owned by more War corporations than Democrats, but both are bought and sold. We don't have any business being involved in Syria, just as we had no real business being involved in Iraq, excepting the OIL that is.
    Why don't they tell us about the deaths anymore like they used to when Bush was the president?

  6. #316
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,307

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why don't they tell us about the deaths anymore like they used to when Bush was the president?

    The Bush administration started the policy of flying dead US soldiers into Dover Air Force Base in the middle of the night so no one would notice. The Bush Admin was the creator of "We don't do body counts" by the Military. The Bush admin worked non stop to prevent any real body counts and spread ambiguity instead. That is why there is so much dispute because they were real masters of misinformation. Sorta like Obama on NSA.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    The Bush administration started the policy of flying dead US soldiers into Dover Air Force Base in the middle of the night so no one would notice. The Bush Admin was the creator of "We don't do body counts" by the Military. The Bush admin worked non stop to prevent any real body counts and spread ambiguity instead. That is why there is so much dispute because they were real masters of misinformation. Sorta like Obama on NSA.
    I asked a specific question. Why aren't they giving us the body count anymore? None of what you stated above addresses this problem. Why are they hiding the deaths now? Are the deaths of our soldiers any LESS important because of who the president happens to be?

  8. #318
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Did you missed the part where I showed those two are not comparable?
    I must have. They are comparable, because war is war. You can't throw aside the historical facts that don't agree with your argument. THAT is what they call "revisionist history".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #319
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,437

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    And touting the 1000 - 5000 isn't ?

    Paul
    No.


    Eco

  10. #320
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: How Many Iraqis Died in the Iraq War?[W:496]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    A picture of a coin with .01 - .02 Cents scrap value. Clad copper. Supposed to be worth a quarter dollar. Imagery sells. Is that the message. Nothing is what it seems. Fiat money now referred to as a medium of exchange because it has no intrinsic value. It's all sort of like grabbing a handful of smoke. You might be able to smell it, but there ain't nothin' there.
    So, have you figured out the meaning of the quarter yet? No? Ok, I'll return to listening to Travis Tritt.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •