View Poll Results: What is/was your rank/grade

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • E1-E4

    6 22.22%
  • E5-E6

    11 40.74%
  • E7

    3 11.11%
  • E8

    0 0%
  • E9

    3 11.11%
  • W1-W5

    1 3.70%
  • O1-O3

    3 11.11%
  • O4-O5

    0 0%
  • O6

    0 0%
  • O7-O10

    0 0%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 75

Thread: Military folks, what is your rank?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Military folks, what is your rank?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    [COLOR="#800000"]Especially wearing a hat and not the C-Cap.
    C-Cap. Go ahead MMC, you can say it.

    How many infraction points would you get on the DP if you said it ? I was once suspended on a forum for saying it.

    About 15 years ago I was invited to join a private, by invitation only military forum that was only open too active and retired CPO's and SNCO's even though I was never a SNCO. It was a website where you could talk like the way soldiers, Marines and sailors use to talk like before political correctness was forced upon the military.

    One day the discussion was who coined the term C-Cap. This one old salty retired Navy CPO tried to claim that the Navy did. Sailors don't even wear a C-Cap. In the end it was decided the the Army came up with the name probably before WW ll.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Military folks, what is your rank?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    C-Cap. Go ahead MMC, you can say it.

    How many infraction points would you get on the DP if you said it ? I was once suspended on a forum for saying it.

    About 15 years ago I was invited to join a private, by invitation only military forum that was only open too active and retired CPO's and SNCO's even though I was never a SNCO. It was a website where you could talk like the way soldiers, Marines and sailors use to talk like before political correctness was forced upon the military.

    One day the discussion was who coined the term C-Cap. This one old salty retired Navy CPO tried to claim that the Navy did. Sailors don't even wear a C-Cap. In the end it was decided the the Army came up with the name probably before WW ll.
    Yep, it was the Army alright.....they were called overseas caps at first. It was also called the Piss Cutter. The Army Doughboys were the First to get them then you Grunts. Didn't you guys call them Chip hats or biders. Besides C-Cap or Vag's Cover.

    You know Next year they will be making the Mean Green Obsolete. 2014 will mark the end of the green uniform for the Army.

  3. #43
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Military folks, what is your rank?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    You teach math to officers or so?
    I teach the core courses for areas like crypto, combinatorics and number theory being my specialties, but more than half of my time is spent in research.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Military folks, what is your rank?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yep, it was the Army alright.....they were called overseas caps at first. It was also called the Piss Cutter. The Army Doughboys were the First to get them then you Grunts. Didn't you guys call them Chip hats or biders. Besides C-Cap or Vag's Cover.

    You know Next year they will be making the Mean Green Obsolete. 2014 will mark the end of the green uniform for the Army.
    For us young Vietnam era Marines, piss cutter was the norm. The older Marines, the lifers who been in for awhile still used C-Cap. My father a Marine in the Pacific during WW ll and just about all WW ll vets used the C-Cap. Don't ever remember chip hats being used.

    I heard some scuttlebutt of the Army coming up with a new uniform. Just hope it's more military looking than today's uniform. Lets hope Obama wasn't involved.
    The Army's Vietnam era khakis were definitely military.
    The Marines dress uniforms has remained about the same for the past one hundred years. They dumped the John Brown belts after WW ll but today's Marine officers are wearing the black John Brown belts with their dress blues.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Military folks, what is your rank?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    For us young Vietnam era Marines, piss cutter was the norm. The older Marines, the lifers who been in for awhile still used C-Cap. My father a Marine in the Pacific during WW ll and just about all WW ll vets used the C-Cap. Don't ever remember chip hats being used.

    I heard some scuttlebutt of the Army coming up with a new uniform. Just hope it's more military looking than today's uniform. Lets hope Obama wasn't involved.
    The Army's Vietnam era khakis were definitely military.
    The Marines dress uniforms has remained about the same for the past one hundred years. They dumped the John Brown belts after WW ll but today's Marine officers are wearing the black John Brown belts with their dress blues.
    Yeah.....I just put up a thread on the Uniforms. For the Camos it will be affecting all branches of Service now.

  6. #46
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Military folks, what is your rank?

    Im a retired AF E7. 7 tours in to the ME. Current GS12 and work with the Army. I was raised by a bunch of old school Navy Chiefs, which partially explains why I am such an asshole at times.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Military folks, what is your rank?

    Still in, just an LT.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Military folks, what is your rank?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Still in, just an LT.
    Hmmm. An LT named "wiseone"? Must...restrain...self.


  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Military folks, what is your rank?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcogito View Post
    Hmmm. An LT named "wiseone"? Must...restrain...self.

    At least he didn't say 2nd looie.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Military folks, what is your rank?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcogito View Post
    Hmmm. An LT named "wiseone"? Must...restrain...self.

    Goodness knows I wish I could change my name
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    At least he didn't say 2nd looie.
    All LTs are the same, 2LT, 1LT, doesn't matter don't ya know.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •