View Poll Results: Yes or No

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 52.94%
  • No

    16 47.06%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 107

Thread: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Maybe instead of arresting people for treason that reveal wrong doings in the government we can celebrate them as patriots and tell the government to leave them the hell alone. Maybe the government can just stop declaring things top secret due to the actions being wrong. I know, what? Crazy ass stuff going on in here, but what do you think?

    This Edward Snowden we all know will be dragged in and charged with treason, but he is not a traitor, but a goddamn patriot. I'm sick of the government violating the rights of people and then charging those brave enough to speak up about it with treason. If this isn't an act of an out of control government I really don't know what is.
    Last edited by Henrin; 06-09-13 at 07:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  3. #3
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Maybe instead of arresting people for treason that reveal wrong doings in the government we can celebrate them as patriots and tell the government to leave them the hell alone. Maybe the government can just stop declaring things top secret due to the actions being wrong. I know, what? Crazy ass stuff going on in here, but what do you think?

    This Edward Snowden we all know will be dragged in and charged with treason, but he is not a traitor, but a goddamn patriot. I'm sick of the government violating the rights of people and then charging those brave enough to speak up about it with treason. If this isn't an act of an out of control government I really don't know what is.
    If he's a hero, he won't go to jail. If it's legal? He should spend a good 20 years there. You rolls the dice, you takes your chances. We need more heros. But not at the expense of our security.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    So that is what you done to the guy? Seems brutal, but ok. Personally, I consider him a hero and just want the government to leave him be until he actually does more than just whistle blow on human right violations. It would be entirely different if he endangered lives, but telling the people they are being watched only endangers the government. That means nothing to me or the people.

  5. #5
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Meh. I'm a firm believer that rats should be hanged by the neck until dead.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Dammit, I forgot to make the poll public.

  7. #7
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If he's a hero, he won't go to jail. If it's legal? He should spend a good 20 years there. You rolls the dice, you takes your chances. We need more heros. But not at the expense of our security.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

    Benjamin Franklin

  8. #8
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

    Benjamin Franklin
    That's nice, but he didn't complain when they put treason as a punishable offense in the Constitution. Because that's what this is. Treason.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #9
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    That's nice, but he didn't complain when they put treason as a punishable offense in the Constitution. Because that's what this is. Treason.
    Absolutely, Obama has committed it on numerous occasions during his time in the WH...

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If he's a hero, he won't go to jail. If it's legal? He should spend a good 20 years there. You rolls the dice, you takes your chances. We need more heros. But not at the expense of our security.
    Let's put this way, I'm more afraid of the government than of the terrorists. I utterly refuse to accept this exchange to fight terrorism.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •