View Poll Results: Yes or No

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 52.94%
  • No

    16 47.06%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 107

Thread: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

  1. #11
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Maybe instead of arresting people for treason that reveal wrong doings in the government we can celebrate them as patriots and tell the government to leave them the hell alone. Maybe the government can just stop declaring things top secret due to the actions being wrong. I know, what? Crazy ass stuff going on in here, but what do you think?

    This Edward Snowden we all know will be dragged in and charged with treason, but he is not a traitor, but a goddamn patriot. I'm sick of the government violating the rights of people and then charging those brave enough to speak up about it with treason. If this isn't an act of an out of control government I really don't know what is.
    Here is another crazy idea: how about we actually expect people to obey the laws of the country they choose to live in.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Here is another crazy idea: how about we actually expect people to obey the laws of the country they choose to live in.
    Patriotism calls for you to protect the liberty of the people. This means very clearly that laws must be violated to uphold it if they stand in your way.

  3. #13
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Patriotism calls for you to protect the liberty of the people. This means very clearly that laws must be violated to uphold it if they stand in your way.
    Laws are an extention of the will of the very people you refer to. Anarchy does not work very well in the real world.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Maybe instead of arresting people for treason that reveal wrong doings in the government we can celebrate them as patriots and tell the government to leave them the hell alone. Maybe the government can just stop declaring things top secret due to the actions being wrong. I know, what? Crazy ass stuff going on in here, but what do you think?

    This Edward Snowden we all know will be dragged in and charged with treason, but he is not a traitor, but a goddamn patriot. I'm sick of the government violating the rights of people and then charging those brave enough to speak up about it with treason. If this isn't an act of an out of control government I really don't know what is.
    I don't know that he's a patriot or a traitor - probably closer to the latter though. I still need more time to process how I feel about him as an individual. I am, however, grateful that he released the information. I also find some people's blind condemnation of him to be sad. It's sad when people automatically accept the narrative that government tells.

    Thus far, there isn't any evidence that his revelation has seriously harmed national security to a degree that I'm not willing to risk. With that in mind, I find the scare tactics of Obama and others who are trying to frightening the public into sympathizing with the government to be unconvincing and insulting to my intelligence.

    I hope he is protected under whistleblower laws and I hope the Patriot Act is eventually repealed.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Here is another crazy idea: how about we actually expect people to obey the laws of the country they choose to live in.
    Which laws?

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Laws are an extention of the will of the very people you refer to. Anarchy does not work very well in the real world.
    There are many laws and court rulings that are not the extension of the will of the people. What you say here is more of a nice dream that you have during a nice nap on a warm summer afternoon.

    Btw, I'm not an anarchist. There is a difference between being a patriot, and believing in anarchy.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Which laws?
    The fact is that some laws are meant to be broken.

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    There are many laws and court rulings that are not the extension of the will of the people. What you say here is more of a nice dream that you have during a nice nap on a warm summer afternoon.

    Btw, I'm not an anarchist. There is a difference between being a patriot, and believing in anarchy.
    Wrong. There are mechanisms in place to put those in power who we want to make our laws. We call these things elections. We have the power, directly or indirectly, to control what government does. That you can't be bothered to use those mechanisms is not the fault of the laws.

    Just like Manning had legal avenues to bring forth his allegations of misconduct, you have legal avenues to work towards change of any and every law.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Let's put this way, I'm more afraid of the government than of the terrorists. I utterly refuse to accept this exchange to fight terrorism.
    You say that until it happens on YOUR Main Street. Bottle bombs at the Starbuck's outdoor cafe; bombs in the shopping center where you and your family shop; airliners that drop from the sky. The fact that the government is monitoring phone records -- not conversations, mind you, but calls -- is a small price to pay so that me and mine -- and you and YOURS -- can be safer, in my opinion.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #20
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Crazy idea. Do you agree with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Absolutely, Obama has committed it on numerous occasions during his time in the WH...
    The point is that the founding fathers are hardly a source of morality. Most of them were hypocrites and liars.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •