View Poll Results: Gay baby

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    51 45.95%
  • No

    60 54.05%
Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 647

Thread: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

  1. #51
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The very idea that a person would choose such a method to achieve a more "acceptable" child could only come from a very dark or very ignorant mind.
    Somehow I missed this. Its a gem.

    How is that mind any darker or more ignorant than one that would terminate a pregnancy out of mere convenience?

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Seriously Jerry....do I need to place a sarcasm banner around my posts before you read them? The poll is rather silly,as was my reply....ON PURPOSE. You really need to go get laid ,dude.
    Heh, as it happens I finally got laid twice this week....maybe I need to become a celibate monk again?

    ..but yeah, a smiley would help....

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    It is none of my business why a woman decides to abort a pregnancy. And unless it is Illegal, and you are assigned to enforce the laws....it is none of yours either.
    Now there's some class-A Humanist/Atheist Moral relativism.
    Quite consistent, you view is, even as I disagree I will give you credit there.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    I'm pro-birth of gay babies!
    Is that a new abortion outlook?

    We have "Choice": Pro.-Con.
    We have "Life": Pro.-Con.
    We have "Abortion": Pro.-Con.
    And now we have "Birth": Pro.-Con.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Is that a new abortion outlook?

    We have "Choice": Pro.-Con.
    We have "Life": Pro.-Con.
    We have "Abortion": Pro.-Con.
    And now we have "Birth": Pro.-Con.
    I thought that was the most appropriate way since the question was whether the pregnancy should/could/ought/might...blah,blah...continue. "Birth" seemed to cover it. I don't suggest we "label" any more than already is--that's why I don't argue the nomenclature pro-"choice" even though I believe most women who abort feel they have no other "choice." It's just a name and the bite of the original intent doesn't hold the same weight as I think it originally did. Others probably disagree, but I think there are more important fronts than the "label."

    Probably not what you were asking...but...eh?

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    This is happening all over the world today! There are countries where the populace has thrown off the balance of men and women by aborting or killing so many female babies. I agree that it is very ignorant, sick, and dark. However I find it interesting that it's okay for a woman to choose death for her child for no damn good reason at all and yet it's somehow more offensive apparently to you if she has a lame reason.
    While I appreciate your passion for the issue, it must be noted that the real issue with abortion in the context of last resort birth control is the timing and the developmental stage of the fetus and it's nervous system. We have already been through this repeatedly, so I will not weigh down the discussion with technical details and it has already been proven that scientific data means nothing to a pro-lifer. However, one has to assume, under the givens and the outcome provided by the OP, that the fetus has already in some way moved beyond the realm of biological tissue to the mother and has been granted personhood by her intention of having a child. In this example, one can only assume that the issue here is not a matter of convenience, but one of prejudicial examination of what is an acceptable child and what is not.

    The originator of this poll is not determining anything about abortion rights or restrictions, but rather is subtly forcing a question regarding what is valuable human life and what is not. He/she is taking two very gray areas of ethics, morality, tolerance, and basic human rights and he/she is creating a false juxtaposition of the two issues in an effort to force his/her preferred answer on one issue or the other. To say yes, undeniably, that it is okay to abort a gay baby is to achieve his/her goal of devaluing homosexuals as citizens. To say that it is not okay is to offer him/her some false justification for eliminating reproductive rights for women. Either way, the poll is meant to be both homophobic and misogynist and all it bears is the mark of corrupt transparency and an excuse to declare his/her ignorance as being correct and justifiable.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    If it were possible to determine a fetus' political beliefs, and you supported abortions (hey, I can created false premises as well as you can), would you allow a woman to abort a conservative fetus?
    If it is acceptable to abort a child because it is unwanted, then exactly why it is unwanted becomes irrelevant and it is thus okay to abort a baby because it is __________.

    Don't want an Atheist?
    Don't want a Liberal?
    Don't want a law-abider?
    Don't want a state-rights supporter?
    Don't want a globalist?
    Don't want a Pro-Choicer?
    Don't want a Muslim?

    ....gattaca....

  7. #57
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpooK View Post
    Does it make a difference in this topic?

    To recap: You said that "...it is not my place or anyone else's to dictate to someone else how they should live their lives..."

    However, you also said that you would support a mother's decision to abort a fetus so that it isn't born and live a gay lifestyle.

    They contradict each other.
    Yes it does because if someone doesn't consider the fetus at a certain stage to be human then your statements are pointless, as the mother would be dictating towards nothing.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #58
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The originator of this poll is not determining anything about abortion rights or restrictions, but rather is subtly forcing a question regarding what is valuable human life and what is not.
    Nope. Good try, tho.

    He/she is taking two very gray areas of ethics, morality, tolerance, and basic human rights and he/she is creating a false juxtaposition of the two issues in an effort to force his/her preferred answer on one issue or the other.
    Nope. Again, good try tho.

    To say yes, undeniably, that it is okay to abort a gay baby is to achieve his/her goal of devaluing homosexuals as citizens.
    Yet another good try. Keep it up!

    To say that it is not okay is to offer him/her some false justification for eliminating reproductive rights for women.
    Wow! So may fine attempts at figuring out my intenentions.

    All wrong - but thats OK. At least you're trying.
    Maybe if your mind wasnt in such a dark and ignorant place, you'd do just a little better...

    Either way, the poll is meant to be both homophobic and misogynist but really all it bears is the mark of corrupt transparency and an excuse to declare his/her ignorance as being correct and justifiable.
    Hey! Leave the soft talk for the bedroom!!

    If you'll closely examine my conversation with Gibberish, you'll figure out the purpose of this poll. Why don't you do that, and then try again.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    under the givens and the outcome provided by the OP, that the fetus has already in some way moved beyond the realm of biological tissue to the mother and has been granted personhood by her intention of having a child.
    Just to understand, are you saying here that the biological criteria you put forth as the personhood criteria is superceded by a mother's intent to carry a child and thus the intent is what grants personhood to the child in-utero?
    The originator of this poll is not determining anything about abortion rights or restrictions, but rather is subtly forcing a question regarding what is valuable human life and what is not.
    I got that he was pointing out the inherent contradiction in the pro-choice position that one has no right to judge the choices of others.

    He/she is taking two very gray areas of ethics, morality, tolerance, and basic human rights and he/she is creating a false juxtaposition of the two issues in an effort to force his/her preferred answer on one issue or the other. To say yes, undeniably, that it is okay to abort a gay baby is to achieve his/her goal of devaluing homosexuals as citizens. To say that it is not okay is to offer him/her some false justification for eliminating reproductive rights for women.
    That's not fair to state someone elses intent or preference in regard to their thinking. How do you know what he's thinking?

    Either way, the poll is meant to be both homophobic and misogynist .
    I disagree because I see it as a way to reveal an inconsistancy in the pro-choice position--not to malign anyone in particular.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No it doesn't.

    It comes down to, as you put it, that no one can dictate how someone else lives their life.

    In this case, the mother is dictating that the baby cannot be gay.

    YOU say that the mother cannot dictate this to the baby.

    Given that, how can she NOT have to defend her decision?
    I am pro-choice, the choice is to either have a baby or not have a baby. Nothing about the baby but it's future existence should be a factor.

    I don't agree with aborting a child because the child might not agree with the parents morals.

    I do not agree with abortion as a frequent use as that can harm the mother both physically and emotionally and is taking advantage of procedure that is meant as a last resort.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •