View Poll Results: Gay baby

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    51 45.95%
  • No

    60 54.05%
Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 647

Thread: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

  1. #581
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm gonna let you all in on a personal secret here.

    When I was 13 my parents put me in a private boys school for two and a half years. I was raped, molested and forced to do many things against my will. I won't go further then to say it was over an nine month period of sexual debauchery where I was used and abused in ways none of you should ever EVER have to go through. My view of homosexual activity is very much from a "been there done that" point of view. In fact, my parents were told that I was going to be gay for the rest of my life because of the amount of abuse I suffered and the effect it had on me.

    I fully understand the physical side of it, I even came to crave the abuse, because it WAS in the end, pleasurable once the beatings and physical abuse stopped and it just became sex. But I realized how wrong it was. I should, by all accounts be a gay male. I am not. I am happily married and have no desire to return to that.

    I also think I'm going to regret admitting this on here, but that was 20 years ago in my life, and I'm tired of hiding from it. I'm also sick of people talking about **** they don't know anything about.
    That's awful, V. And while I appreciate your honesty and openness, I must point out that I believe some of your attitudes have been shaped by this experience of abuse rather than by a knowledge of homosexuality.

  2. #582
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Not really, I was out to make a point about the difference between a genetic PROOF we have, and a choice people make.

    You feel attracted to someone, be it same sex or opposite sex. Who cares WHY for the moment,t he fact is you ACT on that feeling.

    That's what seperates man from animals, good from bad.

    Who CARES the origin of the impulse?

    Really let's boil it all down, so what if you are genetically predisposed to be gay? Does that make it RIGHT?

    I say it does not, and further it ULTIMATELY is your CHOICE to act on said impulses.

    Humans by nature, are nasty violent creatures prone to harming others, yet we believe that it's a choice to commit murder, and penalize it. Is it no tin our genes to kill? Is it not a natural reaction, when you come home early and find your wife being ****ed by some guy to reach for a weapon and kill him for intruding on your territory?

    Yet you go to prison for acting on genetically imprinted behaviors.
    I highlighted the essence of your argument. Your opinion...which is fine, but proves zilch.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #583
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    It may be off topic, but I do believe I've made a relevant point.
    Off topic or not, you didn't.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #584
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Off topic or not, you didn't.
    Why? You have infinite wisdom, damn you, SHARE IT WITH ME! ENLIGHTEN ME!

  5. #585
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's awful, V. And while I appreciate your honesty and openness, I must point out that I believe some of your attitudes have been shaped by this experience of abuse rather than by a knowledge of homosexuality.
    That's entirely true, I admit I am biased.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #586
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    That's entirely true, I admit I am biased.
    Then you are far more honest than most on this board.

  7. #587
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    I take it your answer is "no"?.....
    I think abortion is the most hideous act one person can perform on another person......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #588
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm gonna let you all in on a personal secret here.

    When I was 13 my parents put me in a private boys school for two and a half years. I was raped, molested and forced to do many things against my will. I won't go further then to say it was over an nine month period of sexual debauchery where I was used and abused in ways none of you should ever EVER have to go through. My view of homosexual activity is very much from a "been there done that" point of view. In fact, my parents were told that I was going to be gay for the rest of my life because of the amount of abuse I suffered and the effect it had on me.

    I fully understand the physical side of it, I even came to crave the abuse, because it WAS in the end, pleasurable once the beatings and physical abuse stopped and it just became sex. But I realized how wrong it was. I should, by all accounts be a gay male. I am not. I am happily married and have no desire to return to that.

    I also think I'm going to regret admitting this on here, but that was 20 years ago in my life, and I'm tired of hiding from it. I'm also sick of people talking about **** they don't know anything about.
    I am sorry that happened to you...and I would caution ANYONE on this forum using this information to attack MrV...you will earn an enemy in me if you do.

    One thing, though, MrV. You were raped. Rape is about anger and power, not sex. Did you know that the vast majority of male prisoners who rape other males are heterosexual? I can show you studies and information that describe this phenomenon.

    What happened to you was terrible, and I understand how it may have affected your views, but it wasn't about homosexuality. It was about violence. And the fact that you did not "turn" gay is because you are NOT gay...and since you are not, nothing can "turn" you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #589
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I am sorry that happened to you...and I would caution ANYONE on this forum using this information to attack MrV...you will earn an enemy in me if you do.

    One thing, though, MrV. You were raped. Rape is about anger and power, not sex. Did you know that the vast majority of male prisoners who rape other males are heterosexual? I can show you studies and information that describe this phenomenon.

    What happened to you was terrible, and I understand how it may have affected your views, but it wasn't about homosexuality. It was about violence. And the fact that you did not "turn" gay is because you are NOT gay...and since you are not, nothing can "turn" you.
    Well, look, it started as rape, then it became molestation, then it became willing partner. There were 7 of them that did this.

    I fought, I suffered, then I gave in. I finally ended it after, hehe of all things, AM Radio. I heard a preacher late one night, and he was talking about "Guud" (His accent was terrible) and it opened my eyes, and my heart.

    I suppose that to explain more would be to personal, but let's just put it this way CC, I've been to counciling over this, I've been told by experts I AM gay, and should just embrace it it's okay. Perhaps that's my source of bias on this... I reject that line of thinking outright.

    I really can't believe I just posted this on here... oye.

    See, angry posting bad, I think I'll take a break now...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #590
    Educator nerv14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    02-07-11 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    601

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's her body, her choice, right?

    Who are you to be so judgmental and force her to comply with your morals?

    If a woman wanted to abort a gay fetus, you would force her to become a slave and raise her unwanted gay baby?

    You don't sound very Pro-Choice suddenly.
    Interesting point.

    But the reason that others, including myself are anti-life... is that we think a women should have the ability to not have a child after she gets pregnant.

    My rationale isn't so a women could have complete control over her body, and I am certaintly against a women choosing to have an abortion by discriminating against a certain characteristic that the child might have.


    Some may say that a women should have complete control over her body, but I am not one of them, so I have no contradictions for this

    And I don't even care about imposing morals on others, it should only be done if it helps society, but I just feel that MOST of the time it doesn't. But this is one of those rare reversals on that.
    Last edited by nerv14; 12-03-09 at 05:27 PM.

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •