View Poll Results: Gay baby

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    51 45.95%
  • No

    60 54.05%
Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 647

Thread: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

  1. #511
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    I'm wondering if say a Hitler, Stalin or a Manson gene could be found is it okay to abort?

  2. #512
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    Mr. Vicchio wins this argument with this line:

    "Being left handed is a birth issue. Allowing another male to push a blood engorged tube of his flesh into your rectum is a choice."

    Ponder on that, liberals.
    So no real argument? Just a bunch of unsubstantiated claim and then some crooning and cawing about how the internet was won?

    I don't know why I even considered the idea this would turn out differently.

    Hey, K, why don't you at least try to form a coherent argument and speak to the research that was posted? Or would that be too much of an inconvenience to your agenda of shrill caterwauling without any fact to back it up?

  3. #513
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I didn't say "engaging in homosexual activities", I said "being gay".
    Where did I say, "Engaging in homo activities"?......
    I did say, "Abyss of debauchery", though....

  4. #514
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    Mr. Vicchio wins this argument with this line:

    "Being left handed is a birth issue. Allowing another male to push a blood engorged tube of his flesh into your rectum is a choice."

    Ponder on that, liberals.
    Actually, Mr. V. used a mix analogy.

    For it to be correct he needed to either had gone (I’ll even generally use his words):

    “Using ones left hand is a choice. Allowing another male to push a blood engorged tube of his flesh into your rectum is a choice."

    OR

    “Being left handed is a birth issue. Being attracted to the thought of another male pushing a blood engorged tube of his flesh into your rectum is a birth issue."

    You see, Mr. V. took a definitive birth issue (being naturally left or right handed) and compared it to a choice issue (allowing one self to engage in anal sex) as if that was somehow proof. Its not

    One can be “left handed” and yet CHOOSE to use his right hand his whole life, or vise versa. Some can even choose to use both hands. The CHOICE is which hand he wants to try to use, however the birth issue makes it far, far more likely that he’ll use the left hand because it will feel more natural and normal for him.

    Similarly…

    Yes, it’s a persons CHOICE rather they receive anal sex or not (here’s a likely shock for you…there are gay men who don’t like to have what Mr. V. described happen to them). Just as that person could choose to put their blood engorged tube of flesh into the vagina, or they could choose to put it in both places. Or hell, he could choose to put that blood engorged tube of flesh into a rectum of a FEMALE. The CHOICE is if he does the action or not and with who, but the BIRTH ISSUE could quite possibly be if he’s sexually attracted to the notion of doing that act or not with a member of the same sex.

    Mr. V., in between wrongfully suggesting its Captain’s duty to prove something he hasn’t asserted definitively while not the other posters duty to prove something he asserted definitively, was incorrect in comparing two acts that were no equivalent scenarios to try and prove that the actual over arching fact was different, which is a bit of a fallacy.

  5. #515
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Where did I say, "Engaging in homo activities"?......
    I did say, "Abyss of debauchery", though....
    Ahh, so you are saying that conservatives have to actively resist their homosexual desires. They would be attracted to people of the same gender if they didn't resist these urges.

    Is that an accurate depiction of what you are saying?

    If so, I gues I am a liberal, because i don't even get the urge to put a penis in my mouth. Like ever.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 12-03-09 at 02:16 PM.

  6. #516
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Ahh, so you are saying that conservatives have to actively resist their homosexual desires. They would be attracted to people of the same gender if they didn't resist these urges.

    Is that an accurate depiction of what you are saying?

    If so, I gues I am a liberal, because i don't even get the urge to put a penis in my mouth. Like ever.
    No, that is not an accurate description of what I'm saying......
    Nice spin though....
    Simply put, Liberals see being gay as acceptable behavior, Conservatives do not, regardless of it's 'cause'....

  7. #517
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    No, that is not an accurate description of what I'm saying......
    Nice spin though....
    Simply put, Liberals see being gay as acceptable behavior, Conservatives do not, regardless of it's 'cause'....
    Being gay is not a behavior.


    Also, your argument means that because something is a choice it must be an unacceptable behavior?


    Ad what does being tolerant of being gay have to do with politics?!?!??!

  8. #518
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    No, that is not an accurate description of what I'm saying......
    Nice spin though....
    Simply put, Liberals see being gay as acceptable behavior, Conservatives do not, regardless of it's 'cause'....
    I think you need to be clearer: Social conservatives are not okay with homosexuality.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #519
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    No, that is not an accurate description of what I'm saying......
    Nice spin though....
    Simply put, Liberals see being gay as acceptable behavior, Conservatives do not, regardless of it's 'cause'....
    Umm....

    There are three conservatives actively participating in this thread in myself, Ego, and Jall off the top of my head that do not see it was "unacceptable" behavoir and I dare say don't believe its entirely based on choice.

    So that whole definitive definition you have there seems to be incorrect.

  10. #520
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Actually, Mr. V. used a mix analogy.

    For it to be correct he needed to either had gone (I’ll even generally use his words):

    “Using ones left hand is a choice. Allowing another male to push a blood engorged tube of his flesh into your rectum is a choice."

    OR

    “Being left handed is a birth issue. Being attracted to the thought of another male pushing a blood engorged tube of his flesh into your rectum is a birth issue."

    You see, Mr. V. took a definitive birth issue (being naturally left or right handed) and compared it to a choice issue (allowing one self to engage in anal sex) as if that was somehow proof. Its not

    One can be “left handed” and yet CHOOSE to use his right hand his whole life, or vise versa. Some can even choose to use both hands. The CHOICE is which hand he wants to try to use, however the birth issue makes it far, far more likely that he’ll use the left hand because it will feel more natural and normal for him.

    Similarly…

    Yes, it’s a persons CHOICE rather they receive anal sex or not (here’s a likely shock for you…there are gay men who don’t like to have what Mr. V. described happen to them). Just as that person could choose to put their blood engorged tube of flesh into the vagina, or they could choose to put it in both places. Or hell, he could choose to put that blood engorged tube of flesh into a rectum of a FEMALE. The CHOICE is if he does the action or not and with who, but the BIRTH ISSUE could quite possibly be if he’s sexually attracted to the notion of doing that act or not with a member of the same sex.

    Mr. V., in between wrongfully suggesting its Captain’s duty to prove something he hasn’t asserted definitively while not the other posters duty to prove something he asserted definitively, was incorrect in comparing two acts that were no equivalent scenarios to try and prove that the actual over arching fact was different, which is a bit of a fallacy.
    Also, it's a false analogy entirely because it presupposes that all homosexual activity is confined to anal sex. He completely glosses over the fact that homosexual behavior in women doesn't involve a penis at all.

    It was an idiotic attempt at trying to pass off mindless vulgarity as a legitimate argument.

Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •