View Poll Results: Gay baby

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    51 45.95%
  • No

    60 54.05%
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 647

Thread: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

  1. #451
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Good lord Zyphlin. You bring up college lesbians and you think guys are going to even notice your point? Once most guys get to that point, they will be thinking about anything but politics...

    Edit: well, except for Jallman, but the reason for that should be obvious.
    Sadly it was not as exciting as one would be led to believe. Then again I'm a bit of a helpless romantic and the one oppertunity I had to take advantage of the situation was unfortunantly screwed up by those horrible things known as "emotions".

    Grumble Grumble

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    The onus is not on me to back it up, the onus is on liberals to back up their foolhardy opinion that somehow homosexuality is congenital.
    First off...not a liberal here. Sorry to burst your bubble.

    Secondly, evidence has been provided on this forum in numerous places indicating that there are genetic factors that make one predisposed to homosexuality.

    So when did you "make a choice" to be straight?

  3. #453
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    This topic is silly. People choose to be gay, they are not born gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Back this assertion up?
    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    The onus is not on me to back it up, the onus is on liberals to back up their foolhardy opinion that somehow homosexuality is congenital.
    You made a statement of fact, it is therefore your responsibility to back up that statement. If Jallman had said "homosexuality is hereditary", he would be responsible for backing that statement, but he did not, he merely questioned your statement.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    I have seen children born with more female tendencies, and more male, I don't know if this automatically makes them gay, but there is a good chance of that. I don't think this makes them defective, nor is it a disorder, as they are able to live their lives, and many flourish.

    This is of course unscientific, but it is all I have to offer.

  5. #455
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    I have seen children born with more female tendencies, and more male, I don't know if this automatically makes them gay, but there is a good chance of that. I don't think this makes them defective, nor is it a disorder, as they are able to live their lives, and many flourish.

    This is of course unscientific, but it is all I have to offer.
    Being a gay male does not mean being effeminate, nor does being a gay woman mean you are "butch". There are some incredibly feminine lesbians, and some gay men who are more "manly" than most men. Other than that, I think you are exactly right.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #456
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You might not like it Jall but he does have a point. Whole point of evolution is to evolve. The weak get's taken out and the strong survive. And a defective gene is a weakness.

    Only difference between evolution by nature and evolution by man is that one is involuntary, the other is voluntary.

    Of course a whole new arguement could be made on just what exactly is considered a defective gene. I know those that are born blind don't consider themselves defective so.... Heck they even have their own society.
    The whole point of evolution is to perpetuate the species. Pockets of homosexuality are not a detriment to the perpetuation of the human species, in fact, some can argue that it is beneficial.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 12-02-09 at 04:12 PM.

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Being a gay male does not mean being effeminate, nor does being a gay woman mean you are "butch". There are some incredibly feminine lesbians, and some gay men who are more "manly" than most men. Other than that, I think you are exactly right.
    Well of course you are right, but then I would never have guessed, but I try not to peek in to others bedrooms.

  8. #458
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    This topic is silly. People choose to be gay, they are not born gay.
    I used to believe this was true but nothing is ever that simple. Human sexuality is most likely the result of a subtle and complex interplay between genetics and environment, not a simplistic choice.

  9. #459
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    Well of course you are right, but then I would never have guessed, but I try not to peek in to others bedrooms.
    I have gay family, so I have been around gay people since I was about 8. I agree though, for the most part, it's none of my business, and gays who bring it up annoy me. Why do I care...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #460
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    The whole point of evolution is to perpetuate the species. Pockets of homosexuality are not a detriment to the perpetuation of the human species, in fact, some can argue that it is beneficial.
    Exactly. Evolution is about a species, not the individual members of the species. Homosexuality may have been a socially beneficial adaptation back in the hunter/gatherer times that kept other members of the tribe from being eaten by lions and ****.

Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •