View Poll Results: Gay baby

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    51 45.95%
  • No

    60 54.05%
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 647

Thread: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    But you jsut said that "...it is not my place or anyone else's to dictate to someone else how they should live their lives..."

    A mother aborting a potuntially gay baby is doing just that. How can you argue that she shouldnt have to defend her decision when that decision is based on how someone lives their life, and dictates that they cannot live their life in a certain way?
    You are assuming I agree with you that a child before 20 weeks of pregnancy is indeed the same as a born child and has the same rights. Which by today's law they do not.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  2. #32
    Self Destructive SpooK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USS JOHN C STENNIS
    Last Seen
    06-15-08 @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    554

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Really? Show me evidence that the majority of prolifers wouldn't be against a diet of McDonalds everyday. I find that impossible to believe.


    Really which prolifers are in favor of kids growing up in unfit homes?


    Because a born child has the chance and opportunity to overcome any cards they were dealt but the one killed by its mother has no chance and there's nothing sicker than that. Women around the world are using abortion to terminate FEMALES so they can try to get pregnant again and have a male. WOMEN in my opinion are destroying themselves and I can not understand it or wrap my head around it. There is something very wrong with a world where women routinely kill their babies and have their chests cut open so bags of silicone can be tossed into the cavity. Women have reached a new low and it pains me.

    In India, getting an ultrasound is expensive for many people. Since they cannot afford it, what they do is actually deliever the baby (not knowing what it is going to be), and if it is a girl 9 times out of 10 it is murdered -- only to try again for a boy.

    They believe that a women is more costly and __________ (not sure what word I am looking for; not unloyal but something like that) and will eventually distance herself from the family when she weds. The man however, will end up bringing more money into the family and pay off for it's costs.

    Pretty god damn sick if you ask me.

  3. #33
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    You are assuming I agree with you that a child before 20 weeks of pregnancy is indeed the same as a born child and has the same rights. Which by today's law they do not.
    None of that is part of the issue.

    You said that no one one should dictate how someone else lives.
    Isn't aborting a baby because it might be gay doing just that?
    How can she not be forced to defend her decision, given that you say she cannot doictate how someone else lives?

  4. #34
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Really? Show me evidence that the majority of prolifers wouldn't be against a diet of McDonalds everyday. I find that impossible to believe.

    Really which prolifers are in favor of kids growing up in unfit homes?
    These are not based on documented research, just my observations growing up and reading on here.

    I have not seen any threads on here where a Pro-life person was arguing for passing laws that should make sure children, after birth, receive proper emotional support and are fought for to receive rights or a better life if the child is growing up in a home with a alcoholic parent or emotionally cut off parent.

    If children had the same attention abortion did these "pro-lifers" would be forcing all parents to receive a license before they could have children.

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou
    Because a born child has the chance and opportunity to overcome any cards they were dealt but the one killed by its mother has no chance and there's nothing sicker than that. Women around the world are using abortion to terminate FEMALES so they can try to get pregnant again and have a male. WOMEN in my opinion are destroying themselves and I can not understand it or wrap my head around it. There is something very wrong with a world where women routinely kill their babies and have their chests cut open so bags of silicone can be tossed into the cavity. Women have reached a new low and it pains me.
    Women shouldn't use abortions so freely though how do we limit it succesfully? If you stop it, people will die as a result of back alley abortions. I think a price increase could help but still has casualties that will come with it.

    You are mixing society with women. Society as a whole has created women as they are today. Do you think women get breast enlargements for themselves or for the man or men around them? Do men pay more attention to the supermodel or the librarian? Do not cast women down so quickly without giving all of society it's due.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  5. #35
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    None of that is part of the issue.

    You said that no one one should dictate how someone else lives.
    Isn't aborting a baby because it might be gay doing just that?
    How can she not be forced to defend her decision, given that you say she cannot doictate how someone else lives?
    As i stated previously you are assuming I agree with you that a unborn child before 20 weeks is indeed "someone". Yes it has the potential to become "someone" but it is not there and might not get there.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    While it is in no one's interest but the woman's what she does with her body, there is a very big difference between using abortion as a last means birth control and using abortion as a genetic cleansing.

    The premise of this poll and the intention of the original poster is sick and deliberately offensive to an extreme. The very idea that a person would choose such a method to achieve a more "acceptable" child could only come from a very dark or very ignorant mind.

  7. #37
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    While it is in no one's interest but the woman's what she does with her body, there is a very big difference between using abortion as a last means birth control and using abortion as a genetic cleansing.
    So... is that a yes or a no?

  8. #38
    Self Destructive SpooK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USS JOHN C STENNIS
    Last Seen
    06-15-08 @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    554

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    These are not based on documented research, just my observations growing up and reading on here.

    I have not seen any threads on here where a Pro-life person was arguing for passing laws that should make sure children, after birth, receive proper emotional support and are fought for to receive rights or a better life if the child is growing up in a home with a alcoholic parent or emotionally cut off parent.

    If children had the same attention abortion did these "pro-lifers" would be forcing all parents to receive a license before they could have children.
    Hrm. No documented research, just what you observed from reading on here -- however, it is because no one specifically said I dont think mcdonalds everyday is a healthy diet? I am not sure if you are aware of it, but if a child is being raised and their parents abuse them, the parent will lose the child. I dont see why pro-lifers need to make that statement for you to not associate us with feeling it is ok for a child to be raised by an alcoholic/abusive parent?

    Women shouldn't use abortions so freely though how do we limit it succesfully? If you stop it, people will die as a result of back alley abortions. I think a price increase could help but still has casualties that will come with it.
    The abortions shouldnt be used so freely? You just said a few posts ago that is acceptable to abort the baby no matter what the reason? Seems contradictary to me.

    You are mixing society with women. Society as a whole has created women as they are today. Do you think women get breast enlargements for themselves or for the man or men around them? Do men pay more attention to the supermodel or the librarian? Do not cast women down so quickly without giving all of society it's due.
    How is this related to abortion or this thread?

  9. #39
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    As i stated previously you are assuming I agree with you that a unborn child before 20 weeks is indeed "someone". Yes it has the potential to become "someone" but it is not there and might not get there.
    The "might" is assumed in he question, and therefore is not an arguable point.
    The mere fact that the baby "might" be gay is enough for the mother.

    And just to get you past your point -- assume the mother finds out at 21 weeks that her baby has the gene, of the mother decides at 21 weeks that she doesnt want to take the chance.

    So, we're back to your propblem with someone dictating how someone else lives their life, and the mother doing exactly that.

    Given that -- how can she not have to defend her decision?

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    These are not based on documented research, just my observations growing up and reading on here.

    I have not seen any threads on here where a Pro-life person was arguing for passing laws that should make sure children, after birth, receive proper emotional support and are fought for to receive rights or a better life if the child is growing up in a home with a alcoholic parent or emotionally cut off parent.
    Then you haven't been looking hard enough. There are tons of threads on everything from family, adoption, schooling, circumcision, taxes, ect....

    You comment is just the newest talking point....prolifers don't care about born babies. It has no merit...just a nice ring. There are tons of government programs as well as charitable organizations that work hard to help women and children. So as far as I'm concerned this is just BS rhetoric.


    Women shouldn't use abortions so freely though how do we limit it succesfully? If you stop it, people will die as a result of back alley abortions. I think a price increase could help but still has casualties that will come with it.
    The casualities of back alley abortions would never compare to the number of babies dead at the hand of their mother.

    You are mixing society with women. Society as a whole has created women as they are today. Do you think women get breast enlargements for themselves or for the man or men around them? Do men pay more attention to the supermodel or the librarian? Do not cast women down so quickly without giving all of society it's due.
    I don't know why women get fake breasts quite honestly. Most men I've met like variety. They like all kinds of **** and ***. So I don't buy that women get them for men. I think they're just hysterical loons and I'm trying to figure out why.

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •