View Poll Results: Gay baby

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    51 45.95%
  • No

    60 54.05%
Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 647

Thread: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    So you think abortion is murder/killing a human?
    I don't think it's murder. I don't think it's motivated by hatred, malice jealousy or greed the way that murder is. It is very negative, and IMO it is motivated by ignorance.

    Some people believe consciousness spirit only enters the fetus close to the time of birth or at birth. Obviously, I disagree.

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Since all gay babies are going to hell, one should abort them as soon as possible to spare them an eternity of being tortured by a loving God.

  3. #383
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    A couple aborting ONE baby is NOT genocide - it is an abortion. A single, selective abortion for their personal reasons.
    Genocide is the extermination of a large number of peoples from a race/gender/culture (etc etc).

    If it's a parent's personal, private CHOICE then it is in no way genocide.

    Maybe biased or homophobic - maybe even moraly wrong in this particular case - but it's definitely not genocide.
    genocide: systematic killing of a racial or cultural group


    A pattern of allowing abortion because of the gender of the child--female for example, is genocide of females. Same can be said for killing the fetus because of hatred toward disbility. If someone is aborting the fetus because it is gay, and there is a state sponsored approval of abortion for that purpose then it is genocide if the abortions are done in masse under those circumstances, most or all gay fetuses aborted because they are gay.

    It is killing and the motivation is hatred of the group to which the fetuses belong--gender, sexual identity, disability etc.
    Last edited by windovervocalcords; 12-01-09 at 03:28 PM.

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    A couple aborting ONE baby is NOT genocide - it is an abortion. A single, selective abortion for their personal reasons.
    Genocide is the extermination of a large number of peoples from a race/gender/culture (etc etc).

    If it's a parent's personal, private CHOICE then it is in no way genocide.

    Maybe biased or homophobic - maybe even moraly wrong in this particular case - but it's definitely not genocide.
    If it becomes an accepted or encouraged social practice to abort potentially gay children, then yes, it is understandably viewed as a genocide or cleansing. The same would be true if it were red headed babies, pidgeon toe babies, etc.

    Genocide may not be "technically" applicable but the meaning is well understood by those wishing to have a discussion rather than bog themselves down in pissing contests over semantic minutiae.

  5. #385
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Who are you to dictate a woman's body? If she doesn't want a gay child, why should she be forced against her will to have a gay child?
    Doctors and people have ethics for a reason no sane person would or should go thru with this kind of disgusting behavior. I am pro choice, but its a disgusting reason to do so, I know a lot of people who would love to adopt the child. If any one, did this I would think she is credibly insane to dictate what she wants to do with her own body.

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    I'm in favor of keeping abortion legal because I remember when it was illegal in all but a couple of states. Women died of infection and bled to death in back alley and self induced abortions at that time and made other terrible decisions like suicide due to the stigma of being unwed and pregnant.

    That said, it was culturally unacceptable at that time for women to be unwed mothers. Nowadays, the culture is more accepting of single parenting--(although there still remains a strong bias in favor of two parent child rearing) and an assumption that a single parent is incapable of raising emotionally healthy kids).
    Last edited by windovervocalcords; 12-01-09 at 03:38 PM.

  7. #387
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    genocide: systematic killing of a racial or cultural group

    A pattern of allowing abortion because of the gender of the child--female for example, is genocide of females. Same can be said for killing the fetus because of hatred toward disbility. If someone is aborting the fetus because it is gay, and there is a state sponsored approval of abortion for that purpose then it is genocide if the abortions are done in masse under those circumstances, most or all gay fetuses aborted because they are gay.

    It is killing and the motivation is hatred of the group to which the fetuses belong--gender, sexual identity, disability etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    If it becomes an accepted or encouraged social practice to abort potentially gay children, then yes, it is understandably viewed as a genocide or cleansing. The same would be true if it were red headed babies, pidgeon toe babies, etc.

    Genocide may not be "technically" applicable but the meaning is well understood by those wishing to have a discussion rather than bog themselves down in pissing contests over semantic minutiae.
    If everyone by the thousands were aborting babies because they were gay (presuming that being 'gay' is a biological or genetic trait - which I don't believe it is - but that's aside the OP's point) then, yeah, it would be genocide - but I don't see it that way for a single couple who might do it for those reasons.

    If someone killed me because I was white - would that make their act of murder an act of genocide? No - not unless they were systematicaly killing many white people with the intent of quelling the population.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #388
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Personally I don't like abortion.

    However I do recognize the womans right to abort their child. Regardless of circumstances. I will stand up for that right. It's her body. She can do what she wants with it. She can choose to live a symbiotic life for 9 months or she can decide that the fetus is a parasite and get rid of it like any other parasite. Because factually that fetus cannot live without the woman. Until such time as it can live without the woman, outside her body, then it can be considered as nothing less than a symbiont/parasite.

    Techically though I guess the appropriate term is parasite since a symbiont gives something in return for "feeding" off the host. A parasite just takes.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #389
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Why on earth would we ever abort a happy baby?

  10. #390
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Here's my take. I am color-blind. That is a genetic disorder that can be tested for. I think it would should be legal to abort a fetus because it is going to be color-blind.

    I also think it would be despicable to do so, so I wouldn't call it "OK".

    That's the same exact view I have regarding aborting fetuses that were gay.

    Should it be legal? Sure.

    Is it despicable? Defnitely

Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •