Same can then be said for a mother and her newborn. Right?If the person whose body the fetus is occupying does not want it to continue extracting her bodily resources, she has the right to disconnect it from her body and leave the vicinity.
I mean, doesnt a newborn extract the bodily resources of another person, to the detriment of their health?
Rarely occurs and even most prolifers are willing to make exceptions when there is a genuine risk to the mother's health.It will continue to do so, with or without her consent, even if it causes her to die.
Currently.If the person whose body the fetus is occupying does not want it to continue extracting her bodily resources, she has the right to disconnect it from her body and leave the vicinity.
Normal, frequent or expectable temporary side effects of pregnancy:Pregnancy is not always or even usually "detrimental" in fact it's quite the opposite.
* exhaustion (weariness common from first weeks)
* altered appetite and senses of taste and smell
* nausea and vomiting (50% of women, first trimester)
* heartburn and indigestion
* weight gain
* dizziness and light-headedness
* bloating, swelling, fluid retention
* abdominal cramps
* yeast infections
* congested, bloody nose
* acne and mild skin disorders
* skin discoloration (chloasma, face and abdomen)
* mild to severe backache and strain
* increased headaches
* difficulty sleeping, and discomfort while sleeping
* increased urination and incontinence
* bleeding gums
* breast pain and discharge
* swelling of joints, leg cramps, joint pain
* difficulty sitting, standing in later pregnancy
* inability to take regular medications
* shortness of breath
* higher blood pressure
* hair loss
* tendency to anemia
* curtailment of ability to participate in some sports and activities
* infection including from serious and potentially fatal disease
(pregnant women are immune suppressed compared with non-pregnant women, and
are more susceptible to fungal and certain other diseases)
* extreme pain on delivery
* hormonal mood changes, including normal post-partum depression
* continued post-partum exhaustion and recovery period (exacerbated if a c-section -- major surgery -- is required, sometimes taking up to a full year to fully recover)
Normal, expectable, or frequent PERMANENT side effects of pregnancy:
* stretch marks (worse in younger women)
* loose skin
* permanent weight gain or redistribution
* abdominal and vaginal muscle weakness
* pelvic floor disorder (occurring in as many as 35% of middle-aged former child-bearers and 50% of elderly former child-bearers, associated with urinary and rectal incontinence, discomfort and reduced quality of life)
* changes to breasts
* varicose veins
* scarring from episiotomy or c-section
* other permanent aesthetic changes to the body (all of these are downplayed by women, because the culture values youth and beauty)
* increased proclivity for hemmorhoids
* loss of dental and bone calcium (cavities and osteoporosis)
Occasional complications and side effects:
* hyperemesis gravidarum
* temporary and permanent injury to back
* severe scarring requiring later surgery (especially after additional pregnancies)
* dropped (prolapsed) uterus (especially after additional pregnancies, and other pelvic floor weaknesses -- 11% of women, including cystocele, rectocele, and enterocele)
* pre-eclampsia (edema and hypertension, the most common complication of pregnancy, associated with eclampsia, and affecting 7 - 10% of pregnancies)
* eclampsia (convulsions, coma during pregnancy or labor, high risk of death)
* gestational diabetes
* placenta previa
* anemia (which can be life-threatening)
* thrombocytopenic purpura
* severe cramping
* embolism (blood clots)
* medical disability requiring full bed rest (frequently ordered during part of many pregnancies varying from days to months for health of either mother or baby)
* diastasis recti, also torn abdominal muscles
* mitral valve stenosis (most common cardiac complication)
* serious infection and disease (e.g. increased risk of tuberculosis)
* hormonal imbalance
* ectopic pregnancy (risk of death)
* broken bones (ribcage, "tail bone")
* hemorrhage and
* numerous other complications of delivery
* refractory gastroesophageal reflux disease
* aggravation of pre-pregnancy diseases and conditions (e.g. epilepsy is present in .5% of pregnant women, and the pregnancy alters drug metabolism and treatment prospects all the while it increases the number and frequency of seizures)
* severe post-partum depression and psychosis
* research now indicates a possible link between ovarian cancer and female fertility treatments, including "egg harvesting" from infertile women and donors
* research also now indicates correlations between lower breast cancer survival rates and proximity in time to onset of cancer of last pregnancy
* research also indicates a correlation between having six or more pregnancies and a risk of coronary and cardiovascular disease
Less common (but serious) complications:
* peripartum cardiomyopathy
* cardiopulmonary arrest
* magnesium toxicity
* severe hypoxemia/acidosis
* massive embolism
* increased intracranial pressure, brainstem infarction
* molar pregnancy, gestational trophoblastic disease (like a pregnancy-induced cancer)
* malignant arrhythmia
* circulatory collapse
* placental abruption
* obstetric fistula
More permanent side effects:
* future infertility
* permanent disability
Fully 25% of all pregnant women experience gestational diabetes, toxemia, or preeclampsia, all of which carry the risk of permanent damage to organs, and all of which carry a risk of maternal mortality.
In the United States alone, a total of 525 pregnancy-related deaths occurred in 1999 (the latest year for which data were available).
Between 1991 to 1999, 4,200 deaths in the US were found to be pregnancy-related.
During the study period, about 12 pregnancy-related deaths occurred for every 100,000 live births.
Goobieman said, “They get around this by arguing that it isn't a person.
Unquestionably, it kills an innocent human life - the subjective and inconsistient "personhood" argument is their way to get past that.
Must be nice for the killers to be to able decide who can and can't be killed.
In any case, the "personhood" of the unborn baby is irrelevant as the issue revolves around what might happen after the baby is born.”
You are so right Goobieman. They know it has personhood. But to admit that it does and then turn around and say its still ok to kill it would make them sound and appear even worse than they already do.
Why do you think PP offers post abortion counseling? Woman today are learning about fetal development, they know what abortion does, and so does every pro-choicer. Yet sadly it does not seem to matter.
1069 said, “Well then, I guess you're the "chicken" you accuse me of being.
Perhaps Jesus will give you extra credit for averting your eyes.”
Why I never though about watching and I can’t believe you did. No, I take that back……I do believe you wanted to watch.
Watch or not watch, I killed the child that I carried, that I was responsible for. And the unbelievable thing is 1069, you won't understand it but and you‘ll love this one, will give you more to bash Christians over…….Jesus forgave me. Now you can really let me have it.
America is sliding fast down that LEFTWING slippery slope. You guys keep waxing that slope. Thanks to liberals killing is legal today. We don’t protect children thanks to you……you offer a quick fix solution; abortion………. a quick, cheap, legal and convenient death.“America has refused to elect those who would "rather enslave women" for any amount of time. America has rejected both the idea that slavery is okay, and the proponents of that idea.’
The LEFT has set into motion trends that break down natural inhibitions against depersonalizing people...no sensitivity for life whatsoever. And our sensibility to the value of life erodes even more by our legal and institutional commitment to death. Thank you LIBERALS. The LEFT champions abortion, infanticide and euthanasia. Its no wonder because of this that we have begun the process of redefining categories of people as “things.” Don’t use personhood to describe the unborn, don’t use baby, they are THINGS. And as you can see the pro-choicers "word of the day" is irrrelevant. They are irrelevant, they don't matter, they have no personhood.
It's difficult to see how anyone can fail to understand how a culture can justify and defend the barbaric act of abortion on living human unborn children.
And it seems those, and I mean doctors here, who are charged with protecting and preserving life are now engaged with the LEFT in assaulting and taking it.
The logic of abortion is devastating as is the pro-choice position.
“Forced gestation and childbirth is barbaric.”
What it is, is giving life, not killing it. If you don’t want to kill……..don’t get pregnant……don’t have sex.
“No, the question has nothing to do with what the unborn baby may become. The question is, does the presence of a gay gene merit abortion, and so what matters is the genetic information that is present before the baby is born, not the future behavior of that baby. She aborts it in the hypothetical because of the gene, not because of its adult behavior, real or imagined.”
Well that doesn’t matter to pro-choicers, what the baby might become. And they would say that it was ok to abort a gay baby if the mother wanted to. Because to the pro-choicer, abortion is ok no matter what the reason the mother gives. If the baby is the wrong sex, race, abortion might be the answer. If the baby might be handicapped, abortion would solve the problem. If the mother doesn’t have money, doesn’t want to stop school……or just simply doesn’t want the baby, its ok to abort. So this question should be easy for those on the pro-choice side.
“As I said, she has the right to be stupid, as long as she is being stupid with her own body. The basis of her right to abort is the fact that the unborn child has no right to take over her body; the reasons why she refuses to sacrifice herself for the child are irrelevant.’
How would she be stupid?
The baby for your information is not part of her own body. So she not only messes around with hers but another human beings body, her unborn child.
Death for you is irrelevant doesn’t matter, not an issue.
Not yet but if you had to vote on this issue should it be put to the people, and you voted for abortion, you would be responsible. Then your vote would matter. It would be a vote against every unborn in a womb whose mother wanted to kill.“I am not a killer. I do not decide who lives or dies, because I do not dictate to a woman whether she should abort her fetus or not; the decision isn't up to me. I've never killed anything bigger than a mouse.”
The child didn’t all of a sudden get there by itself did it? What had to happen for the child to get there? I think some sex act had to happen.“Actually, the personhood of the fetus is irrelevant because, as 1069 has pointed out many times, no person has the right to take over another person's body for his or her own benefit.”
I think the woman took the chance to create life by merely having sex whether she wanted to get pregnant or not.
Or isnt that how the LEFT has babies?
Ah, here we are; it took us awhile to get to the crux of the pro-life argument this time.The child didn’t all of a sudden get there by itself did it? What had to happen for the child to get there? I think some sex act had to happen.
I think the woman took the chance to create life by merely having sex whether she wanted to get pregnant or not.
Women who have sex (or get raped) deserve to lose their human rights.
Okay, well... to avoid redundancy, here's my response to that: