View Poll Results: Gay baby

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    51 45.95%
  • No

    60 54.05%
Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 647

Thread: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

  1. #241
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    I don't know anyone who values the sanctity of innocent human life could be pro abortion/choice........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    CoffieSaint,
    You confuse the argument of current legality with what is logically consistent, you admitted that you would do to me what you say no one has a right to do to anyone, you admitted and accepted the label of "hypocrite", you have straw manned my argument of a right over my child by counter arguing her bodily sovereignty (something which does not exist).

    You have proven my claim:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    To bar me from forcing my beliefs on another is to force that belief of yours onto me, which by your own logic you have no right to do.
    ...which was the point you contested.

    Hold your views as they are, that's fine, but you have failed to defend PC as being a logical outlook on abortion.

    On this thread at least, PC stands in ruin.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    If you eliminate this issue, the whole abortion issue becomes irrelevant. IF it, universally, is a person, then abortion should be stopped under all circumstances. If it, universally, is not a person, then abortion can be allowed for any reason.
    Well, SCOTUS doesn't have to establish prenatal "personhood" at conception.
    It could establish it at 12 weeks, 24 weeks, or simply differ the whole thing to each individual state.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not necessarily. Adoption is not a form abuse.
    Not adoption but the at-whim relinquishing of one's children. The PC argument that a great number of foster children do not get adopted supports my point here.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Intersting similarity, Jerry. Unfortunately, I don't see way to avoid the 'personhood' issue.
    Perhaps I'm only delaying the inevitable, but it sure is an exorcize.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'm a little slow, tonight...please explain.
    Well, I would be moving in a circle if not for the fact that I have a number of points, so I'm moving in an octagon.

    You are not directly in the melee, but stop people here and there. So you are moving in a "brake line", which is a graphic on a blueprint which shows the edge of a plan without stopping the actual structure.

    Felicity’s argument can only be observed as it moves through a given thread, just as a Hyper cube can only be observed as it moves through a given dimension. As with a hypercube, one must have a greater view of the bigger picture in order to fully observe and appreciate the shape and nature of Felicity’s argument.

    And CoffieSaint?
    A downward spiral, like an aircraft shot out of the sky, just like his argument.

    Badoom psh!
    I made a funny!

  5. #245
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well, SCOTUS doesn't have to establish prenatal "personhood" at conception.
    It could establish it at 12 weeks, 24 weeks, or simply differ the whole thing to each individual state.

    The supreme court is a body of people, given the task of deciding direction for the society we live in, they are not given a mandate from your god. Yet, you seem to base your stance on this issue within the perameteres of Biblical reference.....I suggest you make up your mind less God abandon you to He!!.



    Not adoption but the at-whim relinquishing of one's children. The PC argument that a great number of foster children do not get adopted supports my point here.

    OK...so you do not accept abortion, and frown upon adoption.....yet any fuctional human understands abstinence cannot work. What exactly....shall we do with the 40,000,000 number the Pro-Life side so adamently thows out there?



    Perhaps I'm only delaying the inevitable, but it sure is an exorcize.


    Is it now.....or is it merely a way to place an agenda before us, that lacks any feasible chance in the realtiy of this world?

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-08 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,619

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    I mean how bad is this POLL? No child deserves to be dismembered alive, gay or straight.

    Ridiculous...........

  7. #247
    Advisor nes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Seen
    10-05-07 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    382

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    I guess most people are either pro-life or pro-choice based on morals and feelings about the issue. I think that abortion is morally wrong and I plan to never change my view on the issue as I do now. I guess it all comes down to people and what happened personally to them to make a choice on this.

    Heres a true story, I know this woman that is 19 years old. She would have sex here (with a few partners)... Then one day she traveled to Europe, she went to parties, got drunk, and have more sex. She then married a guy in (forgot the name of the country, provides free national health care), and came back here to the U.S. Later she finds out she's pregnant and pretty sure it happened when she got to the parties. So of course she got an abortion and didn't care at all. Meanwhile she doesn't meet her new husband for months, and is here having sex with people she had sex with before in the U.S.. Overall she is an immature loser and people like her are likely causing divorce rates to be so high. I think she should have been denied the abortion so she would stop having sex her for a few months cheating on her husband.

    Now I'm going to get replies about woman who got raped etc, my response to that is the condition still shouldn't allow you to get an abortion. If woman only had sex with a guy they would have a child with, which most only do for pleasure, then this wouldn't be such a big issue.

    They put pleasure in front of people lives and try to morally debate its correctness, they don't care if someone dies, they care if they get banged hard enough.

    I haven't had any sex with anybody yet and won't until I get someone who I would have a child with.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by nes View Post
    I guess most people are either pro-life or pro-choice based on morals and feelings about the issue. I think that abortion is morally wrong and I plan to never change my view on the issue as I do now. I guess it all comes down to people and what happened personally to them to make a choice on this.

    Heres a true story, I know this woman that is 19 years old. She would have sex here (with a few partners)... Then one day she traveled to Europe, she went to parties, got drunk, and have more sex. She then married a guy in (forgot the name of the country, provides free national health care), and came back here to the U.S. Later she finds out she's pregnant and pretty sure it happened when she got to the parties. So of course she got an abortion and didn't care at all. Meanwhile she doesn't meet her new husband for months, and is here having sex with people she had sex with before in the U.S.. Overall she is an immature loser and people like her are likely causing divorce rates to be so high. I think she should have been denied the abortion so she would stop having sex her for a few months cheating on her husband.

    Now I'm going to get replies about woman who got raped etc, my response to that is the condition still shouldn't allow you to get an abortion. If woman only had sex with a guy they would have a child with, which most only do for pleasure, then this wouldn't be such a big issue.




    Nobody cares about your anecotal so-called evidence; it's meaningless in the context of this debate.
    I won't bother to respond with stories about women who have been raped, which would be equally meaningless to you.
    I won't even bother to respond with a story about a 21-year-old woman who had two kids already and got pregnant as a result of birth control failure (she was married at the time, although her marriage was on the rocks and would end shortly) and didn't want any more kids so she had an abortion, and never regretted it for a second.
    All of these anecdotes, if they prove anything, only prove that every situation is different, and nobody has the right to judge others, because nobody really knows what's best in any given situation except the people involved in it.
    You can think whatever you want about the moral correctness of abortion, and nobody will ever force you to have one if you don't want to. That's the beauty of "choice".


    They put pleasure in front of people lives and try to morally debate its correctness, they don't care if someone dies, they care if they get banged hard enough.
    Oh yeah, and you got us prochoicers pegged, too.
    We "don't care if somebody dies, as long as we get banged hard enough".
    In fact, sometimes we "bang" people so hard they die, but we don't care; we just shove their corpses out of the bed, grab somebody else, and carry on with business. We couldn't care less.
    In fact, I don't know of any self-respecting prochoicer who doesn't have a whole pile of corpses next to his or her bed, or under it... well, except maybe the Cap'n, but he's sort of a half-arsed prochoicer, by his own admission.

    I haven't had any sex with anybody yet and won't until I get someone who I would have a child with.
    Yippee-skippy for you. I could say the same; I never had sex either until I met someone I wanted to have a child with.
    In fact, I wanted to have two children with him.
    But neither of us wanted to have three.
    MY life, MY body, MY CHOICE.

    Your callous dismissal of rape victims leads me to the conclusion that you're probably not going to have anything very worthwhile to contribute here, so perhaps we should simply let the grown-ups get back to the discussion at hand, which is not simply "Abortion: yea or nay" (we have an entire section of the forum for that), but "Aborting fetuses who carry a gay gene: yea or nay?"

  9. #249
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    I mean how bad is this POLL? No child deserves to be dismembered alive, gay or straight.

    Ridiculous...........
    I agree but there is a lesson here for our pro abortion/choice friends......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #250
    Advisor nes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Seen
    10-05-07 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    382

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Nobody cares about your anecotal so-called evidence
    MY life, MY body, MY CHOICE.
    Saying that nobody cares about my anecotal so-called evidence is a statement based on an assumption not proven to be true. Your replies haven't even come close to dent my belief that abortion is murder.

    MY BODY, MY CHOICE

    Lets see how pro-abortionist think...

    if I want to remove a vital organ such as my heart, it should be legal because its MY BODY and MY CHOICE. I don't want an organ such as my heart extracting resources, therefore that justifies it being removed by a doctor.

    Perhaps you should refrain from making false statements, assumptions, broken analogies, or a set of conditions to justify it to try to convert people to believe abortion is ok. People can believe different things, just look at the Muslim world. I can see how people have such different moral beliefs.

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •