View Poll Results: Gay baby

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    51 45.95%
  • No

    60 54.05%
Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 647

Thread: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

  1. #151
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    No vote, of course.
    This is sick, truely sick !
    And there is NOTHING "gay" about any man being homosexual!
    If all those who participated in this farce were to leave "Debate", the forum would be improved !

  2. #152
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    This is sick, truely sick!
    Why?
    That someone would have an abortion because the child might be gay is "sicker" than having one out of convenience and/or selfishness?
    How so?

  3. #153
    Counselor

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-07-09 @ 05:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,856

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    On one hand you write that abortion is murder and a sin, and now you speculate on aborting Gay babies. How can you tell a gay baby while it is still in the womb. I know, I know. they have green spots on their left nipple.

    I don't care if people want to be Gay, just as long as they don't try to convert me.

    I have read that the same gene that causes people to be gay is the same gene found in people who voted for Bush in the last election.

    I believe that some people may be Gay by genetics, and some are gay by learning. I believe that Some folks are so poor at relationships, so lost in seeking a mate, and so dam lonely,, that they take the first available offer and this is reinforced by use and practice. Maybe lonely people and people without confidence are vulnerable and can go either way.

  4. #154
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    05-01-09 @ 10:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    564

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    It should be allowed to abort any baby that the mother wants to or father whose mother will not relinquish child support rights within the range of pregnancy before a certain point, what's the point of this poll???



    On a separate topic, if a universal health care system is implemented the state should be given full rights to abort any baby it deems costly(monetarily) to society(deformities, mental retardation, etc), unless the parents forsake their child's right to public health care.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer View Post
    On one hand you write that abortion is murder and a sin, and now you speculate on aborting Gay babies. How can you tell a gay baby while it is still in the womb. I know, I know. they have green spots on their left nipple.

    I don't care if people want to be Gay, just as long as they don't try to convert me.

    I have read that the same gene that causes people to be gay is the same gene found in people who voted for Bush in the last election.

    I believe that some people may be Gay by genetics, and some are gay by learning. I believe that Some folks are so poor at relationships, so lost in seeking a mate, and so dam lonely,, that they take the first available offer and this is reinforced by use and practice. Maybe lonely people and people without confidence are vulnerable and can go either way.
    Take the time to read the first post in this thread and you will see its a hypothetical situation.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #156
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    /conservative sarcasm/

    Hell yea! AboRt them Dere QueeR BaBieS! We don'T NEeD no MoRe of them Dere QueeRs Runnin' ArounD QueerIn' Up duh PlaCe. them DaMned LibRuhls woUlD reallY haTe thAt WudenT Dey JetHro? YEEEE DoGGiE!
    Last edited by Caine; 12-22-06 at 09:15 PM. Reason: "Democrat" was supposed to be "DEM" but somehow turns into Democrat
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Liberals believe in abortion on demand and for any reason the mother gives so one can only assume that they would say it would be alright to abort a gay baby...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #158
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Of course it's okay.

    Until a child has been born, named, and adopted into a family, it has no rights and exists solely at the mercy of the woman whose physiology is supporting it. If I can morally accept abortion to preserve her youthful figure, or abortion to select the sex of her child... how can I condemn her for aborting on the basis of future sexual preference?

    I'll note that plenty of people who are morally aghast at the notion of aborting a fetus biologically predisposed to homosexuality would happily support the notion of disowning and condemning a grown child for following that disposition.

    How is that moral?

  9. #159
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Of course it's okay.

    Until a child has been born, named, and adopted into a family, it has no rights and exists solely at the mercy of the woman whose physiology is supporting it. If I can morally accept abortion to preserve her youthful figure, or abortion to select the sex of her child... how can I condemn her for aborting on the basis of future sexual preference?

    I'll note that plenty of people who are morally aghast at the notion of aborting a fetus biologically predisposed to homosexuality would happily support the notion of disowning and condemning a grown child for following that disposition.

    How is that moral?
    Just because some of us have a different opinion on gay marriage or gays in the military does not mean we wish them any physical harm or that we hate them............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #160
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Just because some of us have a different opinion on gay marriage or gays in the military does not mean we wish them any physical harm or that we hate them............
    Just because some of you don't, doesn't mean that all of you don't. There's plenty of violent rhetoric directed against homosexuals, and not all of it from disreputable fringe groups.

    I'll also note that cutting your son or daughter out of your family is a far cry from wishing physical harm upon him or her... but I have seen it happen more than once.

Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •