View Poll Results: Gay baby

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    51 45.95%
  • No

    60 54.05%
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 647

Thread: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I fail to see where this says a miscarriage cannot be murder?
    Go there, make your case, and we'll put it to the question.

    What I quoted was not mere opinion, as you would like to dismiss it as.
    What I quoted is what we call "peer review".

    1069 posed a hypothesis, it was independently tested by both PL and PC, and it was found to be in error.

    That, CoffieSaint, is what my post proved.

    That legal theory is dead.

    If you can inject some case law and adjust that legal theory to account for new information then it may be worth revisiting. Until then, however, it is no more worthy of mention than the flat-earth theory.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeSaint View Post
    So you missed post 129, then . . .
    As it happens, yes I did.

    You posted 4 minutes after Gibberish, which means that you posted while I was righting my post.

    After submitting my post I left to go get my oldest from Kindergarten. I didn't even look at the thread long enough after submitting to see that you posted something.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    But, you opnion is that:
    It is not your place or anyone else's to dictate to someone else how they should live their lives.

    Now, you apply that to telling the mother how she live her life, but you won't apply it to the mother deciding how the baby can/cannot live its life.

    You apply your standard in one place but not the other. Why?
    How am I dictacting how the mother should live her life? By forcing her to have a choice?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  4. #144
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    How am I dictacting how the mother should live her life? By forcing her to have a choice?
    No...
    The mother is dictating how someone else (the child) should live (or not live) his life.
    According to your argument, she cannot do that.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No...
    The mother is dictating how someone else (the child) should live (or not live) his life.
    According to your argument, she cannot do that.
    According to the other half of my argument, which you don't seem to ever include into your quotes, I do not see a fetus before the third month as a human being.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  6. #146
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    According to the other half of my argument, which you don't seem to ever include into your quotes, I do not see a fetus before the third month as a human being.
    I've addressed this, and you ignored it when I did.

    The baby being "human" or not isnt relevant, and if it was, it is easily avoided by arguing that the decision to abort the gay baby wasn't made until the 1st day of the 2nd trimester.

    So:
    You apply your standard in one place but not the other. Why?

  7. #147
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I've addressed this, and you ignored it when I did.

    The baby being "human" or not isnt relevant, and if it was, it is easily avoided by arguing that the decision to abort the gay baby wasn't made until the 1st day of the 2nd trimester.
    How is the fetus being a human life irrelevant? Are you saying it's wrong to kill any human cell's no matter if it's human life or not?

    What does aborting a gay baby 1st day of the second trimester have to do with the fetus being a human life or not?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #148
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    05-01-12 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    962

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    How can we abort this stupid poll? If someone would do it, I would be more than OK with it.

  9. #149
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    How is the fetus being a human life irrelevant?
    Because its not a discussion about if abortion kills a human being, its a dicsussion about if its OK to abort a baby for a specific reason -- the issue isnt the morality of abortion, its about the acceptability of a given reason for having the abortion.

    So:
    You apply your standard in one place but not the other. Why?

  10. #150
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cremaster77 View Post
    How can we abort this stupid poll? If someone would do it, I would be more than OK with it.
    Your participation here is voluntary.
    If you dont like the poll, dont click on the link.

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •