View Poll Results: Should prostitution be legal?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    116 85.93%
  • No

    19 14.07%
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 401

Thread: Should prostitution be legal?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How do you think the businesses in a shopping plaza are going to react when they find out a brothel is moving in. Bet it is not well, and it could quite possibly be bad to very bad for business.
    If the store is good store, I don't think they'd have a problem. If someone simply doesn't like it, too bad. How do they do it in Nevada? There are legal brothels in Nevada right?

  2. #42
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Would you be ok if there was a brothel on your street? On the route your children walk to school? Next to where you go shopping with your kids? There are legit reasons why people might not want a brothel in those places. It is far from an easy question.
    I would support zoning to limit where brothels could be established.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  3. #43
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    It was for most of our history................................
    Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It and Why,
    Ian Fletcher

    https://www.numbersusa.org/

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanBeing View Post
    Simple question.
    Yes, it should.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Yes, it should.
    Absolutely it should be legal, if we're talking about sex. If we're talking about the prostitution of Congressmen/women in D.C., then, no, it shouldn't be legal. We have it backwards.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How do you think the businesses in a shopping plaza are going to react when they find out a brothel is moving in. Bet it is not well, and it could quite possibly be bad to very bad for business.
    In all fairness, I think being in a shopping plaza would probably mean bad business for the brothel as well. It's hard to think of a worse place for a brothel than in between Best Buy and Payless, LOL.

    Brothels would probably end up in the same places that nightclubs, bars, casinos and other places that cater to "vice" end up. Problems with zoning isn't really a legitimate concern when it comes to legalizing prostitution, in my mind. There are plenty of places from nightclubs to liquor stores that people don't want in certain areas, but we always find some place to put them.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    This thread is nuts...what about pimps...who have a stable of girls..who get beaten up on a regular basis if they don't comply..They get them addicted to drugs..then they have to ''work'' to buy more drugs..

    No more than a meat market...

    Men who use prostitutes should be ashamed of themselves..

  8. #48
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If the store is good store, I don't think they'd have a problem. If someone simply doesn't like it, too bad. How do they do it in Nevada? There are legal brothels in Nevada right?
    Not all over the state, it's by county and the zoning is very specific as to where they can set up. The legal brothels are in the boonies. You know Mustang Ranch used to have a sign up certain months of the year, "closed for winter - beat it!"

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    This thread is nuts...what about pimps...who have a stable of girls..who get beaten up on a regular basis if they don't comply..They get them addicted to drugs..then they have to ''work'' to buy more drugs..

    No more than a meat market...

    Men who use prostitutes should be ashamed of themselves..
    And legalizing it and regulating it would prevent some of those things from happening. Plus, one of the biggest reason prostitutes are abused don't seek help is because what they are doing is ILLEGAL. If it was legal, these women would have more options to escape if they so choose. Right now it's an unregulated industry, so nefarious things are naturally going to happen. My biggest concern is for little girls as opposed to grown women though.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Not all over the state, it's by county and the zoning is very specific as to where they can set up. The legal brothels are in the boonies. You know Mustang Ranch used to have a sign up certain months of the year, "closed for winter - beat it!"
    That would work for me.

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •