View Poll Results: Should prostitution be legal?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    116 85.93%
  • No

    19 14.07%
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 401

Thread: Should prostitution be legal?

  1. #271
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    I didn't say ''want out''.I inferred couldn't get out...do you know how difficult it is to get away from a pimp??
    No, I do not know the intensity and the means required to do away from a pimp. How would I know that? Why do you not tell then?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  2. #272
    Educator HumanBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    745

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    I didn't say ''want out''.I inferred couldn't get out...do you know how difficult it is to get away from a pimp??
    A lot more difficult than it would be if the pimp needed a licence, paid tax, and was subject to industry regulations......
    If you hate capitalism so much, then just write everything in lower case. Problem solved.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    No, I do not know the intensity and the means required to do away from a pimp. How would I know that? Why do you not tell then?
    Why do I not tell what?

    They know it is the sex industry..not very nice..

    They must understand the danger they are in..letting strange men screw them...and relying on other men to ''protect '' them..

  4. #274
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Why do I not tell what?
    Tell how difficult it is to escape a pimp? That is what we were talking abut were we not?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    They know it is the sex industry..not very nice..

    They must understand the danger they are in..letting strange men screw them...and relying on other men to ''protect '' them..
    Besides, how do you know so much about all this?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanBeing View Post
    A lot more difficult than it would be if the pimp needed a licence, paid tax, and was subject to industry regulations......

    Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world..

    And has always been run by men..who are not altogether lawful...In Holland..the whores are inspected for medical diseases..the pimps just allegedly rent them cubicles..yeah right!!

  6. #276
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    The answer isn't simple because there are so many factors that COULD make this a worthwhile endeavor, but there are so many negatives as well. While it seems smart economically to allow the market to have it's way and relieve government pressure to enforce the current rules and tax the new business, nobody is thinking about the the potential long term medical costs this will bring to the table. We already are in enough problems, and this would only hurt it. Seeing as though I am against the government intervention or restriction of our economy though, I believe with safety measures put into place and high standards established this could be something positive. In the end though it is not the government's prerogative to get involved with an individual's choice of profession/ hobby.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Tell how difficult it is to escape a pimp? That is what we were talking abut were we not?



    Besides, how do you know so much about all this?
    I lived on the main drag in Canal Straat in Amsterdam for 2 years..these women were my friends..came into my flat at 6 am..when their business was finished..I made them a coffee and just listened to what they had to say..

    Even had ''The Acid Queen'' come and have a coffee..she was out of her mind on acid..and you were thrown in a cage with her!!

  8. #278
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    I lived on the main drag in Canal Straat in Amsterdam for 2 years..these women were my friends..came into my flat at 6 am..when their business was finished..I made them a coffee and just listened to what they had to say..

    Even had ''The Acid Queen'' come and have a coffee..she was out of her mind on acid..and you were thrown in a cage with her!!
    Must have been plenty of things that they told you those mornings for you. Any particular ones that still stick with you?

    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Must have been plenty of things that they told you those mornings for you. Any particular ones that still stick with you?

    Thanks.
    Yep..when the Acid queen was arrested for clawing a guys balls off...

  10. #280
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should prostitution be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Yep..when the Acid queen was arrested for clawing a guys balls off...
    Wow! Well... Free from the pimp, the business, and drugs, all in one shot then!
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •