View Poll Results: Should the school have banned the reading of the prayer by the student?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 27.27%
  • No

    75 68.18%
  • Undecided

    5 4.55%
Page 69 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1269

Thread: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

  1. #681
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You're just being unreasonable now. Do you remember being in school or at school sponsored events? Could you say whatever you wanted? No, you could not. Or least not without repercussions.
    Actually I could pray without repercussions. In fact all students could until the 60's when the SCOTUS decided that the direction of the country should change after almost 200 years for whatever reason.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #682
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You were discussing school rules, I, who started the thread, was discussing whether or not they should have censored.
    So I guess if I was a high school student who was scheduled to make a speech and at the last minute I changed my speech to include some profanities, that's perfectly fine because its all part of my free speech.

    How about if I wanted to say what an asshole I thought the high school principal was or one of my teachers? Or what if I decided to start reciting the devil's prayer?

  3. #683
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You were discussing school rules, I, who started the thread, was discussing whether or not they should have censored.
    in your link i didnt see anything censored can you you qoute that?

    also opinion of whether it should or not is just that

    but the fact is they could
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #684
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Actually I could pray without repercussions. In fact all students could until the 60's when the SCOTUS decided that the direction of the country should change after almost 200 years for whatever reason.
    Because the country is changing and we have a lot more diversity than we used to. Come join us in the year 2013. It's not SO scary. I promise.

  5. #685
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Actually I could pray without repercussions. In fact all students could until the 60's when the SCOTUS decided that the direction of the country should change after almost 200 years for whatever reason.
    you can still pray in school in fact schools have been made to have rooms to allow you to pray
    i prayed in school many many times, nothing every happened
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #686
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    100% wrong again

    nice dodge though, you have no integrity and can never admit when you are wrong

    t factually shows schools can limit speech are you denying this fact?
    it factually shows why federal government and schools are differetn, are you denying this fact?

    answer these question in the next post or it will simply further show how dishonest you are and little integrity you have.

    now on to your failed argument, it most definitely can cover a graduation speech lol

    pedagogical
    : of, relating to, or befitting a teacher or education
    I never said that the case did not allow for censorship. I stated that it was specific as to the types of censorship. I never said it differentiated federal and school, I said that it stated when censorship could occur.

    You then take part of the case law without the rest to prove your point, rather than look at the whole.

    Your definition of Pedagogical, uncited by the way, doesn't cover a graduation speech as it is not part of the education process, nor is it related to a teacher.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #687
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you can still pray in school in fact schools have been made to have rooms to allow you to pray
    i prayed in school many many times, nothing every happened
    I was referring to public prayer.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #688
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why? Was he censored?
    Yes, he was to revise his speech.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #689
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    1.)I never said that the case did not allow for censorship. I stated that it was specific as to the types of censorship. I never said it differentiated federal and school, I said that it stated when censorship could occur.

    2.)You then take part of the case law without the rest to prove your point, rather than look at the whole.

    3.)Your definition of Pedagogical, uncited by the way, doesn't cover a graduation speech as it is not part of the education process, nor is it related to a teacher.
    1.)you asked why government and school is different
    you said the school cant censor speech

    why do you lie?

    I knew you would be man enough to flat out answer the questions so ill ask again to further expose your dishonesty

    it factually shows schools can limit speech are you denying this fact? yes or no
    it factually shows why federal government and schools are differetn, are you denying this fact? yes or no

    2.) actually the whole is exactly what im pointing out and proves you wrong lol

    3.) Pedagogical - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    : of, relating to, or befitting a teacher or education

    yes it does because its a school event LOL and please notice the word OR in the definition, it doesnt have to involve a teacher it involves education and that education covers all school events as proven by the WHOLE, please see the case laws 2 which i have posted.
    heres a link for them all
    School speech (First Amendment) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    you lose again, dude you seriously make it easy, why do you argue against facts?

    let me know if theres anything else you need educated on
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #690
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    in your link i didnt see anything censored can you you qoute that?

    also opinion of whether it should or not is just that

    but the fact is they could
    Seeing as I live near the school, and know people involved, I know he was told he could not include religion and then submitted his speech.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •