View Poll Results: Should the school have banned the reading of the prayer by the student?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 27.27%
  • No

    75 68.18%
  • Undecided

    5 4.55%
Page 57 of 127 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1269

Thread: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

  1. #561
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,496

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    As with all rights, the limitation is that you cannot infringe upon the rights of others in the exercise of your own. Though some dumbass kid reciting a prayer infringes upon no one's rights.
    Unless of course the kids prayer was in Arabic, Hebrew, Assamese/Axomiya, Bengali, Hindi...just to name a few. Believe me, there would be a lot of people who would claim that their rights are being infringed on by imposing a Christian prayer on them.

    Now, not to be an ass, I think you know that there are Christians who believe its alright for prayer to be said until somebody in school stands up and starts reading a prayer out of the Koran...etc.

  2. #562
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,785

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You may keep swinging the bat as long as you like. The game is over. Stadium is empty. You lost.
    translation: you cant prove my statement wrong

    im sure you believe that but facts and links prove you wrong LOL

    the game is over, you actually lost and the stadium still has spectators watching you desperately trying to save face and laughing at the entertainment.

    my statement was 100% true
    facts and the thread history prove you wrong again.
    like i said if you disagree by all means PLEASE PLEASE provide and factual proof to the contrary
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #563
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,496

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    i think he was just agreeing with you but i could be wrong
    Yeah, OJ...we got that cleared. Thanks...

  4. #564
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Unless of course the kids prayer was in Arabic, Hebrew, Assamese/Axomiya, Bengali, Hindi...just to name a few. Believe me, there would be a lot of people who would claim that their rights are being infringed on by imposing a Christian prayer on them.

    Now, not to be an ass, I think you know that there are Christians who believe its alright for prayer to be said until somebody in school stands up and starts reading a prayer out of the Koran...etc.
    There is probably a large segment that would definitely hoot and holler if it were something other than a Christian prayer, or if it were some kid spouting something reminiscent of atheism. But that's neither here nor there. I don't see what this kid did as being anything of significance and it certainly didn't rise to a high enough level to surpass my "give a ****" threshold. In general, I would say be it a Christian prayer or Muslim of Judaism, or a denouncement of all gods and instead emphasis on our own abilities and will would be acceptable.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #565
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you cant prove my statement wrong

    im sure you believe that but facts and links prove you wrong LOL

    the game is over, you actually lost and the stadium still has spectators watching you desperately trying to save face and laughing at the entertainment.

    my statement was 100% true
    facts and the thread history prove you wrong again.
    like i said if you disagree by all means PLEASE PLEASE provide and factual proof to the contrary
    I have already proven you wrong. The game is over, and yet there is a fly buzzing around.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #566
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,785

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I have already proven you wrong. The game is over, and yet there is a fly buzzing around.
    another lie you are fooling nobody lol

    my statement was 100% true
    facts and the thread history prove you wrong again.
    like i said if you disagree by all means PLEASE PLEASE provide and factual proof to the contrary
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #567
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another lie you are fooling nobody lol

    my statement was 100% true
    facts and the thread history prove you wrong again.
    like i said if you disagree by all means PLEASE PLEASE provide and factual proof to the contrary
    Yawn.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #568
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Yawn.
    I didn't know they had a madrassah in Liberty, SC.............................

  9. #569
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Nobody was required to be there, they were there by choice.
    It was a captive audience because people were there to see their child/relative graduate and not to see or hear an impromptu sermon. A "captive" audience doesn't actually mean that the audience is being held against their will you know.

  10. #570
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    I didn't know they had a madrassah in Liberty, SC.............................
    The young man was within his rights as enunciated in the U.S. Constitution. As you know, I'm not religious myself but I believe Christians are protected by the Constitution just like everyone else.
    Good evening, Bonz.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •