View Poll Results: Should the school have banned the reading of the prayer by the student?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 27.27%
  • No

    75 68.18%
  • Undecided

    5 4.55%
Page 42 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1269

Thread: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    Why can't we all just call it what it is? Certain people are crying because a kid said a culturally relevant and very harmless prayer. The school banned prayer because it was the politically correct thing to do.

    Personal interjection: It's sad that we have come to this, maybe we should all have the same hair cut and wear the same exact thing as everybody else so that no one is offended?
    Of course not. You're free to send your child to CCD, Sunday School or even to a private religious school of your choosing. Funny thing is, they have rules too.

  2. #412
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    I am all for separation of church and state. I am vehemently against school employees leading prayers or speaking in favor or against religion. But I am not going to get worked up over this. This was a student saying the prayer of his own volition. This was the valedictorian and he likely worked his ass off to earn that title, and thus the right to speak. Sure, he broke the rules by going off script. But I don’t think it is that big of a deal. Had the valedictorian been an atheist and decided to beseech his classmates that they don’t need a god to live a good life I would be fine with that as well. Had the principal or some other official done it I would be a different story.

  3. #413
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Whatever you say.
    Did you comprehend it?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Just because someone is a good student DOES NOT mean they can break the rules.

  5. #415
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    why do you always thinks i trying to get over on you, i am not just asking straight forwards question.........crap! wife bugging me again...got to go!
    because its what you try

    you say a person isnt secure in thier person in school, then you say "are you telling me if a person commits a crime they cant be searched" LMAO

    while those are two entirely different things and "SCHOOL" has nothing to do with them

    so those are not "straight forward questions"
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #416
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Whatever you say.
    its not me its the courts, laws and facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #417
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Just because someone is a good student DOES NOT mean they can break the rules.
    There would be no USA if rules were not broken...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #418
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    its not me its the courts, laws and facts
    Whatever you say.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #419
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Whatever you say.
    wrong again LOL
    courts, laws and facts disagreed with you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    There would be no USA if rules were not broken...
    Perhaps, but we're talking about 17 year old students here at a school sponsored graduation ceremony. This isn't the Revolutionary War. Do you tell your children to ignore your rules? Probably not because you want to keep order in your household.

Page 42 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •